NOTE from MBIT Almanzora

Started by mbit66, July 13, 2014, 20:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodman1

Quote from: Tetley on July 14, 2014, 19:12:37 PM
JP  i have been discusing the topic................simple  days for the  more simple folks Vs the tecno stress age for the more padantic non HDMI  leaders   :lol:

ps for anybody on a 1.3 piella dish and youtube...... here is a B44   ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDekLZne6wM
Tetley have u got a b44 would love to see it.
regards The Dodfather.
THE DODFATHER

temasek

:wave
We also used MBIT. I agree with Carol. Our dish is also on a specially constructed plinth on the floor.
We have a Humax box and have had no problems so maybe, as someone said, it is another system (Sky ?) that is causing the problems.
We found MBIT to be very pleasant and extremely professional.
I do not think that an open Forum is the place to air such grievances.
There are always 2 sides to a tale.
W.R.L.F.C.

crawdaddy

'There are no winners here, cg is out of pocket with having to have a new LNB fitted and Mbit have had their reputation dented.'

I can't see that MBIT has had their reputation dented.
He has given his side of the story and has come out of this as a good ,honest  guy who is doing a good job.

If I wanted a new dish and all the gear that go's with it, I would go for the most local and competitive price around, with a good name.

Luckily, I'm happy with my old dish with Sky News and a few other half decent channels and watch a bit of Spanish TV.     :drinks:

Alcar

Hi,

I have refrained from commenting on all of the other threads as I do not normally post, but I feel that I have to now,  I had my dish installed by MBIT  have not had any problems with it apart from having to unplug from the mains and reset it once,   the reason I am posting is the comment about dishes falling off walls,   MBIT would not install the dish on the house and I had to have a plinth set in concrete on the ground on their advice as the dish was far too big and heavy to install on the side of the villa.

I speak as I find and had my dish installed from CG 's comments and others on the forum, I am very happy with the service I have had.

Warm Regards
Carol

Essex Girl

Quote from: ramblagirl on July 14, 2014, 07:13:05 AM
Well all I can say is Mike fitted my dish and as promised came back when it needed a slight adjustment after the satellite moved a little about 3 weeks after the fitting. This all happened after I ordered it on cg's recommendation. I feel that now after all these months should anything go wrong I would not expect another free visit but pay for the service. Needless to say I am a very happy customer.
We also had  our dish fitted by Mike on CG's recommendation , he has been back to us several times, and our problem was not the dish, but our sky box.

We have no problems at all now.
A wise old owl sat in an oak,
The more he saw the less he spoke,
The less he spoke, the more he heard,
Why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Tetley

JP  i have been discusing the topic................simple  days for the  more simple folks Vs the tecno stress age for the more padantic non HDMI  leaders   :lol:

ps for anybody on a 1.3 piella dish and youtube...... here is a B44   ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDekLZne6wM
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Rod

One that any good installer would know. They would also know how to set up a dish properly like Colin did for CG.

Pickaxe

Quote from: John P on July 14, 2014, 18:42:41 PM
Quote from: Tetley on July 14, 2014, 18:32:59 PMthats me done for the night im off to polish me B44.  ;)
Thank goodness for that, perhaps we can discuss the topic.
MBIT66, can you tell us what the 3dB beamwidth of a 1.9m Famaval dish is at 10GHz, and how far this satellite actually moved to stray outside of that beam-width?
woopee that's one for the brains trust

hartcjhart

Quote from: Tetley on July 14, 2014, 18:32:59 PM
Quote from: penfold on July 14, 2014, 16:03:01 PM
Remember it well Tetley and the highlight of the week was to sit with me grandma and watch Dickie Davies on the footie followed by Mick McManus on the wrestling and seeing how long you could leave a rich tea biscuit dunked in a cuppa before it fell off.
Those really were the days.

Yes the best days,cars you could mend,houses you could buy,beer befor 3pm on a sunday and half day closing for shops on a wensday and the Salvation Army band down the street on sunday night ,happy simple days  :clap:....  thats me done for the night im off to polish me B44.  ;)
and dont forget the 'fish man' with his basket of goodies

Tetley

Quote from: penfold on July 14, 2014, 16:03:01 PM
Remember it well Tetley and the highlight of the week was to sit with me grandma and watch Dickie Davies on the footie followed by Mick McManus on the wrestling and seeing how long you could leave a rich tea biscuit dunked in a cuppa before it fell off.
Those really were the days.

Yes the best days,cars you could mend,houses you could buy,beer befor 3pm on a sunday and half day closing for shops on a wensday and the Salvation Army band down the street on sunday night ,happy simple days  :clap:....  thats me done for the night im off to polish me B44.  ;)
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Daffy

By all means come onto the forum and ask for advice BUT if you are going to repeatedly IGNORE all the very good advice given, don't then expect any sympathy. People are bound to get frustrated.
The forum is very useful, I have learnt a lot, but if I choose to ignore advice then I must accept the consequences.

King saint 76

You asked for him to be banned ...some support eh!!!!   as i said if you have no interest in a particular thread then don't read it.
Just because you didn't like what he was saying, do you think that it calls for a ban?

hartcjhart

Quote from: King saint 76 on July 14, 2014, 17:21:00 PM
Glad everything is fixed and working now cg.
Shame mbit could not do the job they were asked to do nearly a month ago.
Satellite moved did it, i think Rod disproved that excuse.
All you guys having a pop at cg, hope you never need a bit a support when things go wrong.

Best laugh is that all the people on here calling for threads to be locked, cg to be banned had the desired effect and kept the thread going hahahaha.
There are no winners here, cg is out of pocket with having to have a new LNB fitted and Mbit have had their reputation dented.
We should fight for our rights, this is not a dodgy menu del dia @ 10€ but 800€ of tv/satellite equipment.

Next time some of you find a thread boring, here's the deal don't read it and feel free not to comment on it either.

I think you will find that MOST people did support CG with advice etc,BUT HE chose to ignore it and carry on ranting.
How many threads do YOU think is acceptable about ONE subject by ONE OP

King saint 76

Glad everything is fixed and working now cg.
Shame mbit could not do the job they were asked to do nearly a month ago.
Satellite moved did it, i think Rod disproved that excuse.
All you guys having a pop at cg, hope you never need a bit a support when things go wrong.

Best laugh is that all the people on here calling for threads to be locked, cg to be banned had the desired effect and kept the thread going hahahaha.
There are no winners here, cg is out of pocket with having to have a new LNB fitted and Mbit have had their reputation dented.
We should fight for our rights, this is not a dodgy menu del dia @ 10€ but 800€ of tv/satellite equipment.

Next time some of you find a thread boring, here's the deal don't read it and feel free not to comment on it either.

Tetley

What i carnt get mi head round genrally speaking without wishing to xxss anybody off is ive bought a 4 quid lead for mi telly from the laptop it works great,emmerdale,corrie no problem

then ive got mi  Sky news and RT  plus load of free movie channels to watch and mostly family filmes ie no body getting cut up with a chainsaw on mi 1.3 dish

then ive got mi youtube with all the learning,help.advice,music,films

i was brought up in a 2 up 2 down with out side bog and no bathroom and 3 black and white channels on the tv................

now if we havent  got 300 channels on box and hot water the worlds ending.............. :o

the worlds gone mad.... :tiphat:

telcaz

Still bitter to the very end.
                                  Terry.

cg

At last, and perhaps only because MBTI Almanzora were advised via email on Saturday that I would no longer continue to communicate with them , but deal with the matter formally.
Re there response,  well first of all it should start with once upon a time, because its like a fairy tale ,nothing mentioned at all about endless emails requesting then to fix, again a few porkies in there ,Oh am working away from home so didn't get them  emm funny because they responded to one email telling me they were not at home, oh yes and the offer to fix the problem some 3/4 weeks after they knew about it.

Well My old dad had a saying bless him you don't let the cowboys back into town to shoot it up again.
But I don't want  mbti Almanzora to worry  because I got a proper engineer into fix the problem Colin from cool solutions, and it now works fine, and just in case MBTI Almanzora wanted to know what the problem was the LND if that's what it is called was set to far away from the centre dish as well as twisted support arms  emm basic stuff really for a satellite engineer.
Still at least my dish didn't fall of my roof like others eh MBTI

Chris485

I have had a new LMB fitted to my 1.9 dish. Now much improved. I even watched the match on BBC 1 HD last night
Chris
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

crawdaddy

I knew there had to be   another side to this story.

The moaning and groaning without much action being taken was hard to believe.     :whistle:

Rod

The only report on the Satellite moving I can find is this one from May 15th.............
ASTRA 2E SIGNAL WEAKENS
We have received many reports of weaker signals from the Astra 2E UK spot beam, which carries BBC & ITV.
In S.E. France, a local English language radio station was "swamped with complaints" according to our correspondent in Frejus.
The deterioration has affected southern France and Spain. It's likely that the satellite has been the subject of "station keeping", which can result in a slight movement of the beam. This happens every 4-6 weeks, resulting in loss of signal if the receiving dish is right at the margin of a viewable signal. All geostationary satellites need to be kept on station, which is achieved by firing tiny jets on the spacecraft.
Digital broadcasting is normally either received perfectly or not at all. Analogue systems in the past would just become more grainy.
Hot weather and humidity can also weaken faint satellite signals.
The solutions to push the signal back over the threshold for breakup are:
better LNB
adjustment of the dish
bigger dish
more sensitive receiver.
The signal should improve again in June or July.

For me it has been no different, no problem, but has any one else had to have their dishes realigned? It appears that even if you did it is a temporary problem which according to the report should be improving by now.

jimmybeen

There is ALWAYS two sides to every storey, I don't know either party, but was beginning to wonder why MBIT would not post a rebuttal, but now we can read both sides, the many locked ones and this one, but it takes some reading between the lines to form an assessment since these accounts differ so much!   
I have to say though that the satellite movement has been reported elsewhere so can be easily verified and it seems a little unfair to blame that on an installation engineer.
Thanks MBIT for posting your version of this saga.

:notopic: I wonder if anyone else has heard that in August the satellite is going to be moved yet again, so lots of work re-aligning to be done yet again if it's true?

Rod

Surely a new product would be guaranteed to work properly? Colin is always willing to come back and sort our any problems free of charge as a reputable installer should do. Of course if it is over one year down the line then you should pay.

ramblagirl

Well all I can say is Mike fitted my dish and as promised came back when it needed a slight adjustment after the satellite moved a little about 3 weeks after the fitting. This all happened after I ordered it on cg's recommendation. I feel that now after all these months should anything go wrong I would not expect another free visit but pay for the service. Needless to say I am a very happy customer.

hartcjhart

Quote from: mbit66 on July 13, 2014, 20:03:28 PM
Up until now I have not put anything on this forum with regards to CG´s topics. I thought it was a private matter and was dealing with it as such.

But I need to make this statement:

In February 2014 I fitted a satellite dish for CG. He was extremely satisfied with the install (see post http://www.arboleas.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=84738.msg451704#msg451704).

Unfortunately as most of you know the satellite moved unexpectedly and many people had reception problems, this had nothing to do with any of the local engineers installations. I offered my customers a free re-alignment, and made an appointment to align CG´s dish but I could not get there due to adverse weather conditions. I admit I did not make contact with CG on that day, but I have subsequently offered to re-align his dish on more than one occasion but CG has flatly refused this offer. I have also repeatedly offered access to my complaints book as he wants to record " a complaint", and even arranged to meet him but he failed to turn up. Even after all this I have still offered to re-align his dish and/or give him access to my complaints book which he has again refused to do saying he is going to take further action----------- for what I now have no idea!

I installed his dish to a standard that far exceeded his expectations at a very competitive price. It is not my fault the satellite was moved but I have tried to improve this situation for all my customers including CG, but it seems whatever I try to do for him will never be sufficient.

Mike Barnes
MBIT Almanzora
strange, topic 'read' 300 times but very few comments, well done Mike for finally commenting and letting the peeps know the truth(as per our PM)

I would now leave it at that

mike challinor

seems pretty fair to me, and I have no knowledge of either party. Don't let pride get in the way CG
Mike
Mike Challinor

Rod

When did the satellite move? This is the first I have heard of it. My 1.9 dish has been in since last November and my signal is great.

Daffy

Quote from: webejamin on July 13, 2014, 20:22:50 PM
There you go cg ;D an olive branch, snap it up now and let us all know how it pans out.  :tiphat:

Or better still, snap it up and shut up!!! :head

Karen4

Cl3880

webejamin

There you go cg ;D an olive branch, snap it up now and let us all know how it pans out.  :tiphat:

mbit66

Up until now I have not put anything on this forum with regards to CG´s topics. I thought it was a private matter and was dealing with it as such.

But I need to make this statement:

In February 2014 I fitted a satellite dish for CG. He was extremely satisfied with the install (see post http://www.arboleas.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=84738.msg451704#msg451704).

Unfortunately as most of you know the satellite moved unexpectedly and many people had reception problems, this had nothing to do with any of the local engineers installations. I offered my customers a free re-alignment, and made an appointment to align CG´s dish but I could not get there due to adverse weather conditions. I admit I did not make contact with CG on that day, but I have subsequently offered to re-align his dish on more than one occasion but CG has flatly refused this offer. I have also repeatedly offered access to my complaints book as he wants to record " a complaint", and even arranged to meet him but he failed to turn up. Even after all this I have still offered to re-align his dish and/or give him access to my complaints book which he has again refused to do saying he is going to take further action----------- for what I now have no idea!

I installed his dish to a standard that far exceeded his expectations at a very competitive price. It is not my fault the satellite was moved but I have tried to improve this situation for all my customers including CG, but it seems whatever I try to do for him will never be sufficient.

Mike Barnes
MBIT Almanzora