Sistel _ IPTV

Started by ebygum, August 05, 2019, 11:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebygum

Hi King,Thank you for your reply.It's not a big problem,my wife like to watch the Proms on a Saturday evening but we could not get BBC 4.We did eventually get another TV platform to watch.Thanks for the additional information,could be a way forward.

King

ebygum,

To get around the IPTV problems, I use BBCiPlayer and all the other catch-up services as a back-up. You can watch live. Although not covering all the channels which are on Juan's IPTV, you can get BBC4 and the like.

To overcome the geographical viewing restrictions, I have SmartDNS Proxy ($24.90 for 2 years: ie about $1/month) on my router which enables viewing of these programmes on all equipment on my network (android boxes, tablets, smartphones and computers). It's exceptionally reliable and there's no loss of bandwidth.

Thank goodness for modern technology...

ebygum

Sat : We know BBC 4 starts after 7.0pm and that's when we try to watch it,but it still shows the childrens programme on this particular IPTV.

sat

Quote from: ebygum on August 05, 2019, 11:05:20 AM
Has anybody noticed a problem with BBC4 on the IPTV,when you switch to this channel it shows a children's channel.

BBC 4 does not start until 7pm Uk time.
And it shares its frequency with one of the childrens channels during the day.
So if you watch before 7pm you get BBC Childrens channels, watch after 7pm you get BBC 4.

King

Yes, I've had similar experiences. Once, halfway through watching a film on one of the Sky Cinema channels, the film suddenly changed to one advertised as being on a different Sky channel! And I've noticed other programme/channel mix-up issues.

I'm not sure Juan can give much priority to these IPTV problems since he's not getting any remuneration specifically for work associated with the service! And I hope he maintains things that way: I'm sure the free service must help generally in promoting his SistelAlmanzora WiFi product.

Personally, I prefer to accept the odd glitch rather than pay someone to provide, what are anyway, dodgy TV services!

ebygum

Has anybody noticed a problem with BBC4 on the IPTV,when you switch to this channel it shows a children's channel. Also yesterday i wanted to watch the Liverpool V Man City game on BT Sport 1 but got a completely different game.Just asking if this is happening to other clients.
P.S. I have sent a message to Juan asking him to check it out.