Breatherlyser Kits

Started by Brian, January 14, 2013, 13:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rozzieb

So the very nice man at Bordeaux Services was also correct, nice of him to tell us.

gus-lopez

My friend was right.

"  24. Jan 2013. French interior minister Manuel Valls has announced that application of the controversial new breathalyzer law has been postponed sine die - i.e. indefinitely."

from here.

http://about-france.com/travel.htm#radars

http://www.connexionfrance.com/Breath-test-fines-Valls-Perrichon-road-deaths-CNSR-14429-view-article.html

cantabrian

BETTER to buy them for such a low cost,rather than have some Frog having an orgasm cos he will make more  brownie points !!

rozzieb

Graeme,

They are now available at service stations in France, and I believe they are also on sale in some Spanish service stations.

Elle1971

Quote from: byrney on January 16, 2013, 23:22:04 PM
Or those killer heels Elle....must remember to get some "sensible" shoes!!
Sensible shoes are for those ladies wot like ladies... which I is not one. My Mum told me about them.  :rofl:

Love them ladies (you know who you are)... but I'll stick to me stilleties!

Actually I don't drive... but I shall be sure to tell Alan to leave his flipflops and stilleties at home... for fear of them men in police cars  :lol:

xxxx
I'm not easily distracted, I just... ... ... Oh look!! A puppy!!
Find me on Facebook. I don't bite... often.

byrney

Or those killer heels Elle....must remember to get some "sensible" shoes!!

Elle1971

They'll be stopping you from driving in flipflops next. Oh... hang on...

Seriously though... thanks for this thread, Didn't know this was the case... but now know to be prepared when driving up that way for holibobs.

Elle xx
I'm not easily distracted, I just... ... ... Oh look!! A puppy!!
Find me on Facebook. I don't bite... often.

drew

The law requires you to carry two breathalysers. If you are stopped and asked to use one you will be issued with a form granting you grace to allow you to replace it.
Drew

Pick your rut wisely - you could be in it a long time.

gus-lopez

Oh Dear it's so stupid it's laughable !!
Here is the reply from my French mate.

"  breathalyser rules are not yet being enforced. someone high up has suggested that it's f***ing stupid.

I have said all along that the law obliges you to carry 1 ethylotest. So you can't use it...

if you use it you'll be breaking the law by not having one... if a Gendarme or police officer tells you to use it, HE'll be breaking the law by obliging you to break the law...

(the authorities have tried to persuade us that you should have 2. But the Law only obliges you to have 1) If the law obliged you to have 2 then you still can't use one cos you'd be then outside the law...

F***ing morons! It has also come to light that the man who's campaign for this has been going on for years as he's director of the association "securité routiere" (or something similar) is ALSO director of a manufacture of....?

YES, ethylotests....... "
:rofl:

rozzieb

As I say, we had already purchased our kits, because we go each month to the UK, so we have them whether or not we need them.

Brian

This is the latest info from the FCO:
"Single use breathalysers are obligatory in all motorised vehicles. Motorists and motorcyclists travelling to France should purchase a kit complying with French regulations. Road users are advised to carry at least two breathalysers at all times."
So I would ignore the the advice saying they are not needed, the cost of them is so small anyway.

gus-lopez

The only one I know that has actually been dropped is for motorcyclists to wear all the reflective clothing. I'll ask my mate who livs there when I'm on the bike site tomorrow.

rozzieb

We have been told at the services in Bordeaux that they were not going to enforce this law.

byrney

I thought that after coming into force, the Law was not going to be applied for a couple of months (can´t remember how long exactly) to give a period of grace to allow peopole to comply.

Brian

rozzieb, where did you get the info that the law has been recinded? I cannot find any reference to this on the web.
I have contacted the AA & RAC and they tell me they are still required.

rozzieb

This law has now been recinded and the kits are no longer required - of course we had already brought our supplies before they changed their minds ....... typical LOL

byrney

Sounds like a good opportunity for an up-and-coming local entrepreneur to buy a couple of hundred bulk and then flog them to those of us who travel back to the UK via France on a regular basis.....

Brian

Now it is a requirement to carry a breatherlyser kit in the car when driving through France, does anyone know where these can be purchased in this area?