Royal British Legion – Albox Branch Armistice Day Service 2012

Started by Chris485, October 26, 2012, 10:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris485

I am aware that there is a British Legion section on the forum, but I hope the moderators will allow me to publish this here for a wider audience.

Royal British Legion – Albox Branch Armistice Day Service 2012

Remembrance Sunday, the second Sunday in November, is the day traditionally put aside to remember all those who have given their lives for the peace and freedom we enjoy today.

Every year at the eleventh hour on the eleventh day of the eleventh month we remember the end of the First World War and all who gave their lives then and since (Armistice Day).

This year's Remembrance service will be held on Sunday 11th November which this year is also Armistice Day. In Albox we hold our Remembrance Service at The Chapel in La Aljambra. We gather at 10.15 for a 10.30 prompt start. Everyone is welcome.

We have a small number of small wooden crosses that people can write names of loved ones on and place it at the base of the alter at the service. They will be available at our coffee morning on 1st November from Jeff Hanson.
Refreshments are available immediately following the service
To get to La Aljambra from ´suicide corner´ in Albox turn right and follow the winding road through a couple of ramblas and take the left signposted turning to La Aljambra. You will find the chapel on the left hand side of the road.

Following the service there will be a lunch at La Parrilla Hotel & Restaurant in the main square in Albox. This will be 'menu del dia' and the price will be €10 per person and tickets are required in advance.
Chris
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese