New gripe...different day!

Started by fidgetmidget, June 08, 2015, 12:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trinity

Gus I dont know the last time you were in Soweto, but I can  promise you that 10 years ago Soweto looked better than that.

Amanda Oakley

Perhaps a call to Pedro Soto, Procosona, may help???
sunrun
Amanda Oakley
ALO Services (Zurgena)
Conveyancing and General Legal Services
info@aloservices.es
Tel 950 449179 / 667 994682

nibbler

I drove passed there a couple of hours ago and either some on here are being very picky or someone has had a tidy up.
No rotting fruit just a few papers between the market and the hostel.
I've seen worse is some streets in Albox, behind the BP garage comes to mind. :tiphat:
Nibbler :tiphat:

fazktm650

Yep jaywick is about right lol

Tetley

Well to be fair,its possibly better if everybody with a view on this contacts Roger and you ALL get together with the buisness owner,local people are very IBI Brit pxssed at the mo..........so sending Snr Done in to any local buisness all tooled up with Brit clip board and pen probably aint going to help the local..............".harmonics ".

if possible as well,people need to start to look outside of the "Arboleas british bubble "Spain is changing,the new Mayor of Madrid when it finally gets sorted is a Rights Judge that had 5 of her collegues shot in front of here in the 70,s for..... not been on message

papers are been shreded in the capital by the lorry load..... and i belive the town call caught fire in the capital as well

the Brits,now have a 1 in 2 chance of owning there owne homes in a rented country..... were the ground lease hold term could be abought to run out,so loads on away from the smaller picture of litter Arboleas.

:tiphat:

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

jabba the cat

1..Shut it down that will make the owners start to clean up or 2..could the owners not add a couple of euros to the stall holders bill and employ someone to clean up 3..cant the council check he paying his taxes must be something he not doing right. :tiphat:

hartcjhart

Quote from: Annauk on June 10, 2015, 02:40:26 AM
As a nearby resident I have to completely agree that the market is an eyesore! It is great having the market so close but the mess left behind is terrible.
*Rotting Fruit & rubbish is left all along the front by traders outside the market grounds.
*Leaflets left on cars are pulled off & dumped on the grounds which then fly into our pool & block the filters.
*When the owner decides not to pay the farmer for the parking space & he blocks it parking is a nightmare (our gates have been blocked more than once)
*people who don't know or don't care that there are toilets on site (probably because there are traders blocking the toilet entrance) use the farm land as a urinal.
*The bins on the road behind the market are always overflowing with rubbish & rotten fruit on the ground. The flies are bad enough around here without this breading ground left for them.

When the market first opened, us residents were informed that there would be security & cleaners neither of which I have seen. If the outer fencing was covered in a simple uniformed green netting or similar it would improve the image no end. If the owner is not willing to pay for cleaners then the traders outside the market boundaries should either be made to do so or moved inside the market.

Roger - although there are no licence conditions, does the licence at least give boundaries? Are these external traders legal?  Initially only the bouncy castle was outside, now there are fruit/veg stalls & an ice cream van outside the fences. If there are no licence conditions to stop this then the owner can effectively put stalls all along the roadside!

Can the parking issues be addressed under saftey rules? Mainly the cars that park at the front gate furthest from the bouncy castle cause the biggest blockage as people have to walk in the road to get round them into the market. This also causes problems for drivers trying to get into the carpark area with people walking across the road too. Although everyone drives slow there will inevitably be an accident. I've seen toddlers running across the road out of the carpark narrowly missed by drivers looking for a space or trying to pass by another car in the tight space on this corner.

Just a few simple cheap adjustments need to be made & it will be a great asset to the area instead of the current eyesore & headache for the residents each week. Can the Town Hall at least approach the owner & ask for the following:
*All traders (except bouncy castle maybe) are to trade within the fenced area. - this should reduce the rotting fruit.
*Green netting (or similar to allow the wind through) to be fitted along the front fence. - if this is refused then at least have old torn boards & banners etc removed from the fence.
* barriers (or even boulders) put in place on the corner between the half built house & the front of the market to stop parking in this area for safety.
*rubbish that has gathered in the grounds between the half built house & the corner house by the carpark be removed. (Fly tippers are starting to dump rubbish here)
*The road behind the market where the bins are to be cleaned.
sadly I dont think Roger can do anything about stupid parents

Annauk

As a nearby resident I have to completely agree that the market is an eyesore! It is great having the market so close but the mess left behind is terrible.
*Rotting Fruit & rubbish is left all along the front by traders outside the market grounds.
*Leaflets left on cars are pulled off & dumped on the grounds which then fly into our pool & block the filters.
*When the owner decides not to pay the farmer for the parking space & he blocks it parking is a nightmare (our gates have been blocked more than once)
*people who don't know or don't care that there are toilets on site (probably because there are traders blocking the toilet entrance) use the farm land as a urinal.
*The bins on the road behind the market are always overflowing with rubbish & rotten fruit on the ground. The flies are bad enough around here without this breading ground left for them.

When the market first opened, us residents were informed that there would be security & cleaners neither of which I have seen. If the outer fencing was covered in a simple uniformed green netting or similar it would improve the image no end. If the owner is not willing to pay for cleaners then the traders outside the market boundaries should either be made to do so or moved inside the market.

Roger - although there are no licence conditions, does the licence at least give boundaries? Are these external traders legal?  Initially only the bouncy castle was outside, now there are fruit/veg stalls & an ice cream van outside the fences. If there are no licence conditions to stop this then the owner can effectively put stalls all along the roadside!

Can the parking issues be addressed under saftey rules? Mainly the cars that park at the front gate furthest from the bouncy castle cause the biggest blockage as people have to walk in the road to get round them into the market. This also causes problems for drivers trying to get into the carpark area with people walking across the road too. Although everyone drives slow there will inevitably be an accident. I've seen toddlers running across the road out of the carpark narrowly missed by drivers looking for a space or trying to pass by another car in the tight space on this corner.

Just a few simple cheap adjustments need to be made & it will be a great asset to the area instead of the current eyesore & headache for the residents each week. Can the Town Hall at least approach the owner & ask for the following:
*All traders (except bouncy castle maybe) are to trade within the fenced area. - this should reduce the rotting fruit.
*Green netting (or similar to allow the wind through) to be fitted along the front fence. - if this is refused then at least have old torn boards & banners etc removed from the fence.
* barriers (or even boulders) put in place on the corner between the half built house & the front of the market to stop parking in this area for safety.
*rubbish that has gathered in the grounds between the half built house & the corner house by the carpark be removed. (Fly tippers are starting to dump rubbish here)
*The road behind the market where the bins are to be cleaned.

Tetley

Quote from: Roger on June 09, 2015, 21:20:14 PM
If you recall the issue.
The previous administration granted the licence without any conditions.
This has presented us with on going issues such as car parking and regulation.
We now have to try to control the use without any licence conditions.

Rog im not having a go at you at all ,but i carnt imagine A Polish parish councilours reception would be to this sort of stuff in the UK.........well i can really......id be concearned for the Poles Safety.
 :tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Norm2

Quote from: Roger on June 09, 2015, 21:20:14 PM
If you recall the issue.

Is there an end or renewal date to the licence? If so, would this not give the opportunity to impose sensible conditions? Or is the licence endless?

Karen4

What about Seprona's responsibility to the environment? There must be something in the licence about maintenance? Any grounds for saying the original licence was illegal and a new one needs to be issued?
Cl3880

Roger

If you recall the issue.

Karen4

I would have thought that it would be a requirement of the licence anywhere....Roger, any ideas?
Cl3880

gus-lopez

Quote from: ColinC on June 08, 2015, 15:45:38 PM
Well the car boot that has now moved ned to Autofex (opposite Longo) is cleaned up straight after it has finished.. They keep that very tidy..., you are right I don't know why they don't tidy it up..

Up here it is a requirement of the rastro licence that it is left clean & tidy at close of business.

Quote from: alto dogs on June 09, 2015, 14:50:27 PM
Quote from: gus-lopez on June 08, 2015, 14:55:48 PM
Always reminds me of Soweto !
Jaywick in Clacton !

Yes, that's like it to !  :lol: :lol:

Karen4

Quote from: NormanM on June 09, 2015, 14:38:41 PM
They don't tidy it up bcause

1. Nobody has forced them to.
2. It would cost money.

As when, after repeatedly being told that their disabled parking bays were being misused,  they did not bother.

Does anyone know which jurisdiction thety come under - Albox or Arboleas?
They come under Arboleas. Isn't it one of the property developers who owns the site, started the market and manages it? I did ask if the Town Hall could force the owner to tidy it up, and if they don't then a denuncia should be issued! Maybe is everyone stayed away for a few weeks....but why should they? It should be the responsibility of the owner who runs the market to make sure it is not left looking like a tip all the time, not to mention all the rubbish blowing about up and down both sides of the road!
Cl3880

alto dogs

NormanM

They don't tidy it up bcause

1. Nobody has forced them to.
2. It would cost money.

As when, after repeatedly being told that their disabled parking bays were being misused,  they did not bother.

Does anyone know which jurisdiction thety come under - Albox or Arboleas?
From Normam

ColinC

Well the car boot that has now moved ned to Autofex (opposite Longo) is cleaned up straight after it has finished.. They keep that very tidy..., you are right I don't know why they don't tidy it up..

gus-lopez

johnny

Coincidence..we drove by it as well for the first time in months today. It really is an eyesore now. After the storms/gales quite a few months back when the whole market area suffered a lot of damage sadly whoever is responsible just didn't seem to do any work on it.
Johnny

Karen4

I agree. As far as I know it is the responsibility of the market owners to maintain the place, and I think it would be great if a denuncia was issued against them for failure to do so. Easy to report to Seprona, the environmental branch of the Guardia Civil. Might be a good idea for the town hall to do it?
Cl3880

fidgetmidget

Drove past Los Llanos market today, its a disgusting eyesore...hasn't anyone noticed?  It would have been better if the outer fence was walled or panelled rather than just an old tatty fence with bits of rags, board, papers stuck here and there, so that someone passing could not see the inside or the bloody mess.  it looks like an old deserted dump when in reality it is but a few years old. I would hate to live close by or opposite, but just driving past it makes me wonder, what is the point? The Bar International market might not have been legal but at least when it was not open it was neat and tidy.
Not sure who's responsibility it is to have it maintained and looking neat but who ever it is needs to get a grip.
Rant over!
FM
Fidget Midget
Wer'e all going on a European Tour - Up The Clarets!
www.benidormsoulfiesta.com