Anybody renovating anything ?

Started by Tetley, July 28, 2022, 11:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

Quote from: markandkaren on August 10, 2022, 11:16:58 AM
Iv'e been skinning my knuckles getting these two running again. Bought them over 20 yrs ago for my kids and been sat in my mums garage for over 15 yrs so I thought I'd bring them over and use them to herd goats and for walking the dog after coming home from the fiestas like a zombie. I've also got a spare engine for the TDM that I'm attempting to "blueprint", but after swopping over a couple of sockets on a ratchet, I'm already dripping in sweat so I'll leave that for a bit. And then it'll be too cold... ::)

tecks me back i used to run a Honda  Chalet ,think it was 70 or 90 cc what was a hoot bobing in /out of city center traffic lol
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

markandkaren

Iv'e been skinning my knuckles getting these two running again. Bought them over 20 yrs ago for my kids and been sat in my mums garage for over 15 yrs so I thought I'd bring them over and use them to herd goats and for walking the dog after coming home from the fiestas like a zombie. I've also got a spare engine for the TDM that I'm attempting to "blueprint", but after swopping over a couple of sockets on a ratchet, I'm already dripping in sweat so I'll leave that for a bit. And then it'll be too cold... ::)

Tetley

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Tetley

bryns this is an interesting chap he renovates Panthers that were made by Phelon & Moore ,  Cleckheaton

well worth a watch  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKHBQ5PUci0.

byrney

I've been following Goodwood.

Somebody has to do the hard work whilst you play around enjoying yourself!

Tetley

just wondered what all you spanner folks is up to in yer sheds,im working 6pm to 2am shift as i cannot do wi heat ,been doing my kids little classic  fiat up a bit ,brakes,wheel bearings,and a cam belt kit ,plus ive just about finished mi YAMARLY  ready for ITV  noise test   ::)   8)   :wink:

anybody got out on ie bikes,cars,scooters,boats,plant  ect ?