Zurgena/Arboleas - Lidl/Mercadona

Started by byrney, April 01, 2020, 22:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rod

No, nor me, but I do live in the sticks with only one neighbour within 200mtrs.
I first heard about this by a friend who messaged me to say they had got gloves and a mask delivered to their door in Zurgena. I then found the thanks piece on the Albox town hall facebook page.

Oats

Quote from: Rod on April 04, 2020, 06:40:57 AM
Zurgena council have thanked the mayor of Albox for his gift of protective wear .... "Our Mayor just received another donation over 500 masks and 10 protective masks! This afternoon will continue with the cast to be able to cover at least the population most exposed to contagion and the most vulnerable. We thank Albox City Council again for their speed and Mayor D. Francisco Torrecillas, for his selfless collaboration with Zurgena.
Together we will get through this!
Stay home"!
What a fantastic gesture but sadly no-one has come a knocking my door offering a mask or gloves and I live in Albox!

Rod

Zurgena council have thanked the mayor of Albox for his gift of protective wear .... "Our Mayor just received another donation over 500 masks and 10 protective masks! This afternoon will continue with the cast to be able to cover at least the population most exposed to contagion and the most vulnerable. We thank Albox City Council again for their speed and Mayor D. Francisco Torrecillas, for his selfless collaboration with Zurgena.
Together we will get through this!
Stay home"!

johnny

This afternoon Zurgena Town Council employees have been going around the area delivering masks and gloves to residents - how fantastic is that!
Johnny

Pennydot

Quote from: byrney on April 02, 2020, 15:47:25 PM
I thought the rule was in place to stop people going out of their "locality", which I assume means their "township".

I believe that Limaria comes under Arboleas, even though Albox is physically nearer.

I suppose everyone has their own view as to what is right and what is wrong, but the only view that matters is that of the law enforcers.  I for one will not risk being stopped and fined â,¬600 for the sake of a few weeks going to my local shop, and maybe not being able to get everything off my shopping list.

I thought the rule was had to go to our closest supermarket.  Personally I don't care where I shop, but I want to obey the rules!!!

Cartron

Problem solved , send the dog shopping and he gets his exercise and you stay safe at home and no need to worry about the mask😷😂😂

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/03/17/12/26070830-8118459-This_poster_joked_about_how_they_d_have_to_send_their_dogs_to_co-m-21_1584448865235.jpg

jubilado

Yes, it beggars belief doesn't it?
I want, I must have, me,  me!

lmj52

Quote from: Rtis on April 02, 2020, 17:23:02 PM
Once in Albox what is the problem of going to 2 supermarkets ? The faces in Lidl's this afternoon also appeared in Mercadona and the odd one in the corner shop, also all this about wearing masks and gloves, there were a few today with nothing !! Lidl's was self service for gloves ! and people were just walking in !!

So you went to the 3 shops yourself! Think you just proved how stupid people can be.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Roger

There is a town of 20,000 people in Catalunya which is cordoned off.
No-one can enter of leave.
This is because the town is a hot spot for the infection and they do not want it to spread to neighbouring towns.

And some people on the forum seem to think it is essential to travel to the next town to do their shopping.
The more people travel the more likely that the virus will spread.
And don’t think wearing gloves and face mask will stop it.
How are you going to kill the virus which has stuck to your mask, gloves and clothes?

Rtis

Once in Albox what is the problem of going to 2 supermarkets ? The faces in Lidl's this afternoon also appeared in Mercadona and the odd one in the corner shop, also all this about wearing masks and gloves, there were a few today with nothing !! Lidl's was self service for gloves ! and people were just walking in !!

byrney

I thought the rule was in place to stop people going out of their "locality", which I assume means their "township".

I believe that Limaria comes under Arboleas, even though Albox is physically nearer.

I suppose everyone has their own view as to what is right and what is wrong, but the only view that matters is that of the law enforcers.  I for one will not risk being stopped and fined â,¬600 for the sake of a few weeks going to my local shop, and maybe not being able to get everything off my shopping list.

Pennydot

Quote from: felipe on April 02, 2020, 14:18:01 PM
Penntdot, I would not worry about that. I am sure the Guardia will not be out with a tape measure. There is do little in it. About 7kms to either. So on a way we have best of both worlds.

We have used Google Earth to check and Bar Limaria via the Albox Road to Mercadona is 5.3K.  Via the Mountain Road to Coviran is 6.8.
I might print it out and take it with me!

Love Limaria  -  we are so different!  lol

Cartron

Some of the posters on here begger belief.  We are told by the TH , the N332 Guardia Official Website  and the Government and every other Agency what exactly is needed to keep us safe but although the death toll each day  in Spain is almost 1000  each DAY now some people think its OK to wander in to Albox ,stop off somewhere else along the way because Albox didnt have the sausages they wanted or whatever.???
The man says thats common sense and he and his good lady are  allright Jack.  ( Until it comes down   his road )
This killer virus sticks to doors, handles,trollies ,baskets and everything you touch  on your merry way.
Its  an Emergency and hopefully not for too long.
Would some of you ever cop on to yourselves and act in the interest of everybody.
The last comment about some English guy on Spectrums wife going shop to shop to get the correct meat defies logic.
Maybe its still April fools day.???

restoration man

Dear oh dear people use a bit of common sense. I live in Arboleas  but the wife still shops in Albox with her mask and gloves. She was stopped last week by the Guardia coming out of Albox and as she doesn't speak the language was prepared with her little note, printed before she left home, Yes I know not everyone has a printer but they can translate on mobile phones and write a note. Once the note was displayed which informed the Guardia she was just going to the supermarket he nodded and waved her on, still wearing her gloves and mask. She did pop into the Corivan on passing by but the items wanted were not on the shelf. Little local stores like them cannot possibly cater for all those living in the area..  Perhaps more of you should listen to Spectrum FM which gives daily reports and specifically today mentioned the presenters wife having to go to two supermarkets because the first didn't have any fresh meat..

felipe

Penntdot, I would not worry about that. I am sure the Guardia will not be out with a tape measure. There is do little in it. About 7kms to either. So on a way we have best of both worlds.

Cartron

Really good post John and Julie  ?? Says it all ??

Pennydot

We live in Limaria.  Does anyone know if the road over the mountain and into Arboleas is more or less miles than the Albox Road to Mercadona?????   

MAZ4929

Just heard from a friend in Spain (Rojales, Alicante) that someone they know who is a coeliac, has been told that needing a gluten free diet is not enough reason to for them to travel to a supermarket outside the town they live in as there are enough gluten free foods available to them (i.e meat, fish, fruit, vegetables, rice, potatoes, lentils, non alcoholic and alcoholic drinks) and that they should base their eating habits around what is readily available during this trying time.

People in the area are also being told the same when they say they cannot get everything they want from their local shop or supermarket.

It therefore seems the message is - shop local and adapt and make use of what you can get!

If it means it brings this nightmare to a speedier end then its a small sacrifice.

Stay safe

What is important is not only to attain victory for democracy, it is to retain democracy.
Nelson Mandela.

John n Julie

Hello All, this is taken from the N332 Police site a minute ago, SO BE AWARE PLEASE.

Where can I do the shopping?

We would like to make it clear again that you CANNOT travel to any supermarket that you want, you must only use the
CLOSEST supermarkets to you. We understand that some of you like certain supermarkets for the things they stock like Iceland, but during state of alarm you MUST only go to your closest supermarkets. It’s only a short time that you must do this, until we are out of state of alarm.

We remind you that travelling further to another supermarket is a punishable offence, please respect the rules and be supportive of the situation.
If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all!

Angleseyite

I would suggest any one with any form of special needs should contact the town hall or the police for assistance and advice during this lockdown situation.

Tetley

Quote from: G and T on April 02, 2020, 11:51:00 AM
My wife is a coeliac and has to have non gluten food. Mercadona are the best supplier of this in the area so I have no choice really. The local shops in Zurgena area have extremely limited supplies.

Richard.

suggest contact your local police they will advice you if mercadona is permissible because of your wife's needs.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

alanjune

All everyone needs to know is it ok to go to your nearest supermarket,not always the local shop as very limited stock. not only we need the answer but think that the Guardia also need clarification.Something official .

G and T

My wife is a coeliac and has to have non gluten food. Mercadona are the best supplier of this in the area so I have no choice really. The local shops in Zurgena area have extremely limited supplies.

Richard.

KJH3

So lets take the housing around the Hotel Overa. Where do they shop??? Alfoquia, Antas? Huercal Overa? Anyone got a tape measure and slide rule. Where do those with houses between villages go, like those bettween Albox and Arboleas? which way do they go? . Byrney, in a private message to me you mentioned that when the Guardia stopped you in Vera last week they asked what you were doing and not where you had come from.  What do those up in the mountains and hills do? who maybe need to travel more kilometers to a their nearest store in a single trip than i would in 4 weeks to Albox. Common sense has to prevail. I live out of the town and need to travel in a car to get to any store. Is 10 mins in a car on my own more dangerous that 5 minutes to get to a store that has been my store of choice since living here.

cgmaywood

felipe

Spot on Mike. It really comes down to common sense. Why one would want to go to Icelands from Arboleas to shop is beyond me. As you say Mike, travelling between towns is what spreads the virus.

sparra

Under normal circumstances.we like to go to several shops. The idea is to stop us wandering about spreading a virus. or catching it   Its a big fine too.

byrney

Thanks for the replies.  They've told me what I need to know.

Rtis

I need to use 4 shops, 1 in Albox, then Mercadona then Lidl's, and the corner shop . I only go in every other week, it is not possible to buy all that we need from 1 shop, if there is a problem with using 4 shops then I will go in 4 days ! Also we live up in the mountains so cannot see a problem ?

Tetley

Quote from: Cartron on April 02, 2020, 06:48:17 AM
so I wont try but suffice to say our adventurous neighbours were stopped by the GC  at the roundabout as they went  from Arboleas to Lidl  yesterday and  were  sent back to the nearest shop to them ( Coviron ) with a right rollicking with a promise of a fine next time they went past their own shop to get to another during the emergency

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

KJH3

Think we need to try to bring a bit of logic into this, Yes i know its Spain and the interpretations are always a mystery. What is Local and in what context? If i, from the similar area as yourself travelled to Lorca or even to Huercal overa or in the other direction Olula Del Rio, that is not local. Neither is Mojacar and i can see the argument against Vera.
From here the shops of Lidl, Dia and Mercadona are less that a 10 minute drive, in the context of the more dispersed habitation in this area, that is local. Carried to its worst definition, if you live next to one of the shops in the village, are we saying that you cannot walk to the other? afterall walking out is not permitted either.
If the whole population of the areas of La Alfoquia and Arboleas, including their outlying areas, districts and urbanisations were to descend on the nearest shop it could not cope in terms of stock or manpower, the queues out side and the difficulties inside would be difficult to control.
We have no idea why the guy in front of you was stopped? No Licence? Bald Tyres, No insurance, Being lippy? the list is endless. Yesterday i took a trip up to Mercadona and Lidl, It took me just over and hour and a quarter,  in, out and back here. My only trip out my gates in a week. Yes i saw and passed the road checks but they weren't there the week before. Its my belief they are on the look our for those that are flouting the rules, Like working, travelling to carry out things other than those permitted.
Finally, reading the Blog of Jim Simpson is not mandatory and i am certain most dont read it. So given that, how would i know about any such severe interpretation. I will continue my once a week trip consisting of 75 minutes until stopped and told otherwise, that is chance i will take.

cgmaywood

I live in Zurgena and this week shopped at Covirán in Alfoquia and Lolis.  All credit to these two shops, they were well stocked and I got everything I needed.  Well done to both establishments.

OK things may be slightly different to what you usually buy but I feel they are doing their bit.

Chrissy

Cartron

Byrney  ,  Buenas Dias Mi Amigo , I thought hard about  passing on words  of  wisdom again  but to save you getting getting into  trouble ,fined or worse here goes ,  We are no longer allowed to quote anything but the Official BOE and the Royal Decree  "whatever that is "    take on things and dare even  not think about repeating Fake Facebook  Blogs etc  so I wont try but suffice to say our adventurous neighbours were stopped by the GC  at the roundabout as they went  from Arboleas to Lidl  yesterday and  were  sent back to the nearest shop to them ( Coviron ) with a right rollicking with a promise of a fine next time they went past their own shop to get to another during the emergency,   ( Quite Rightly. )
So without anything Official I would stick to your 3 shops in Zurgena.
Only 3 shops ?? Not much choice then.??
You are a mighty man for the shopping trips.!! Last week it was Vera.??
Is it Fashion you are after.??
By the way  and to  bring a little humour to  the Forum ( remember Humour. ??? ).  Coviron is wonderful !!   I  got 10 days supply of water there last week and a Miracle happened on the way home.  Yes , not a word of a lie ,  when I got home to Herself  two of the litre bottles of water had turned into something stronger .  Saints preserve us  and  God bless Coviron.  Better than a trip to  Lourdes.!!   Dont think  Herself is a believer  though !!!! 😂
Dont tell anyone  else as I dont want the AA from the bible belt of Murcia to arrive at my door  bible in hands  to castigate me and its very early in the day for that.
Only just put on the porridge .    Theirs is an essential service it seems. ( I think they are in partnership with the Laughter Police. 😂😂😂)
You stay  at home in Zurgena and safe now Byrney.   No wandering .!!
Have a nice safe day indoors everyone and be happy. JR.😇😇
PS. Thats half my new self imposed limit of two a day. Bit like the Veg.

byrney

Can someone give the "OFFICIAL" score concerning leaving our villages to go shopping to Lidl/Mercadona in Albox.

I risked it this morning and was lucky not to be stopped by the Guardia at roadblocks at the BP garage and the Lidl roundabout.

I do not want to be breaking the law, nor do I fancy a â,¬600 fine!

Jim Simpson (Zurgena) has put on his blog that we residents in Zurgena area are not allowed to go to Albox/Huercal Overa/Vera - per the Mayor of Zurgena.

However, I do not know how much of this is a local interpretation of the rules, and how much is actual fact.

If Jim is correct, then we in Zurgena must utilise the small "corner shops" of Coviran, Loli's, Kajuela, in the village.

Similarly, you in Arboleas are restricted to Coviran.

Is this really the case?

The chap in front of me at the Lidl road-block was being written a ticket (for what I know not what, but he was alone).

I do not want to flout the rules, but any OFFICIAL information would be appreciated.