Wearing of Masks becomes compulsory

Started by Mike Town Hall, May 20, 2020, 12:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynden

Perhaps someone should have a chat to the Americans......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52795447

100,000 deaths and they still don’t get it.

tandas

in the bustling place of Mojacar the new accessory is the dangling ear mask!  all and sundry have them attached to one ear ready to pull up over a face thus touching their faces over and over again. 

byrney

He only needs to wear a mask if he is in confined spaces where social distancing is not ensured (ie shops), or in public, also only where social distancing is not possible. I assume this is mainly relevant in the bustling streets of Madrid and Barcelona and not the tranquil by-waters of the Almanzora valley.

happygirl

Hi King, Mike said in his original message that people with breathing difficulties are exempt from wearing a mask.  We wear the masks to protect others not to protect ourselves. My husband has been wearing a mask but finds it very difficult to breath and after a few minutes is gasping for air. Just wondered if we needed a letter from his doctor to confirm the emphysema so that he doesn't get hit with a hefty fine.

King

Quote from: happygirl on May 21, 2020, 15:11:12 PM
Message for Mike at the Town Hall please.  My husband has Emphysema and would be exempt from wearing a mask
but if stopped by police or anyone how do we prove it.  He has to carry an inhaler but I don't think that would prove
anything.  Would he have to get a letter or something from his GP.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Happygirl,

Are you sure your husband is exempt from wearing a face mask? With emphysema, it seems he's at greater risk than most from COVID-19. So surely it is even more important that anyone suffering a lung disease wears one!

It may make breathing extra difficult, but that must be better than catching the virus?

Perhaps you should check with your GP. Good luck.

shadeseeker

The masks that were given out by Albox townhall were useless. Mine broke as soon as I tried to put it on.
'tis better to remain silent and appear an idiot than to open your mouth and forever remove all doubt! (translation from Ancient Wisdom of Confucius)

happygirl

Message for Mike at the Town Hall please.  My husband has Emphysema and would be exempt from wearing a mask
but if stopped by police or anyone how do we prove it.  He has to carry an inhaler but I don't think that would prove
anything.  Would he have to get a letter or something from his GP.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Lynne

You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

Rod

Yes, that got me as well but as Bry says it means for the over 6 years of age.

byrney

I think Mike meant for those of age six years and over.

Lynne

Quote from: Mike Town Hall on May 21, 2020, 08:11:05 AM

Wearing masks is mandatory throughout Spain for over-six years from Thursday 21 May.

6 YEARS?
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

Angleseyite

I went to the bank in Huercal Overa on Tuesday, no queue, no waiting straight in, served and out again less than 10 mins in total.. Depends where and when I suppose, oh, and your approach with them...  :grin: I did wear mask and gloves...

Elgin

Quote from: Lynne on May 21, 2020, 07:40:54 AM
Quote from: Peter and Frances on May 21, 2020, 07:30:19 AM
Do you realise how long it would take to hold up a Spanish bank, firstly it will be the wait to show them the hold up note then they will want your bank card, NIE and orginal residency proof
even before they ask you to come back tomorrow as the manager is not in

:grin: :grin: :grin:  Don't forget their coffee breaks...!

And the long queue outside to get in

Angieh

Mike, do the masks that were provided via the town hall ( thank you ) comply with the regulations or is it necessary to purchase surgical masks from the pharmacia ?
TIA
Angieh

Rod

The demand note would have to be in at least triplicate.

Lynne

Quote from: Peter and Frances on May 21, 2020, 07:30:19 AM
Do you realise how long it would take to hold up a Spanish bank, firstly it will be the wait to show them the hold up note then they will want your bank card, NIE and orginal residency proof

:grin: :grin: :grin:  Don't forget their coffee breaks...!

Peter and Frances

lmj52

Now that was funny. I’m recruiting a gang for a bank job thinking this maybe a good opportunity.
What you think?  :grin:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Tetley

Quote from: pinky on May 20, 2020, 19:32:30 PM
hi Tetley and byrney

just to say thanks for the humour that's the best laugh I had in weeks.

KEEP IT UP

PINKY

i live humour , glass half full if china & usa kick off we wont need masks anyway   :afro:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

pinky

hi Tetley and byrney

just to say thanks for the humour that's the best laugh I had in weeks.

KEEP IT UP

PINKY

Tetley

Quote from: byrney on May 20, 2020, 18:58:36 PM
Not sure about that Tets. He was executed in his mid-30s!

he probably took the mask off....
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

byrney

Not sure about that Tets. He was executed in his mid-30s!

Tetley

Just stick to the Ministerial Order,s published on the BOE .

Bing/google translate will give the jist

if in doubt wear a mask/gloves when out just to remove any doubt.

i went out yesterday,plumbers,car parts,diy shop,china shop ,everybody was masked up,so its not as tho the govi is asking us to run around in the billy bifty :shocked:

,dick turpin wore a mask for years when mixing with people didnt do him any harm  :laugh:

Roger

The law actually days that you must wear a face mask when it's not possible to maintain a 2 metre distance.
So there is the issue of interpretation.
It's stated in the Spanish press that you do not need to wear a mask in shop if you are the only person in the shop.
Obviously I would always wear one even in the garden centre, but I expect to see many who do not.

happygirl

Thanks Mike for making things clear, keep up the good work and stay safe.

Mike Town Hall

With the lock down now easing across Spain and more people entering the street the government has made the wearing of masks compulsory inside buildings and also in the street when the minimum distance of two meters can not be maintained, so anywhere you are likely to encounter people in limited space i.e. markets, shops, meetings and functions. This is now inforce with the aim to limit contagion. exemptions are for people with registered breathing difficulties who would be made worse by the wearing of a mask.

Stay Safe Regards Mike.