Alicante Airport Theft

Started by thevistor, August 03, 2012, 17:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cantabrian

2YRS AGO at Stanstead on the late one my case was broken ,(the zip had been forced) across from the belts is a Ryan office which i went to ,complained ,AND was offered a new one from their store!!!!! :wave

Fen and Fe

I know many people don´t like Rynair, but a few years ago I had a similar problem with British Airways, reported the case had been opened at the airport and someone had been in my case and two tops were missing along with expensive cream and their answer was the similar, how do we know you had packed them.... so must be a line for most airlines. BA were only willing to pay for the damage to the case but had to claim the tops and cream of my travel insurance, sorry to sound negative but best thing is a steel padlock, they don´t have the time to cut through them !!!!!!

sparkiemike

:wave

you could claim on your travel insurance

Mike

:tiphat:
Rules are made for the obeyance of fools & the guidance of wise men

glenholt

Harmo, I believe you are totally wrong, Ryanair charge a baggage fee to transport your luggage, therefore they are responsible for it. If I sent a parcel with the post office and it went missing, I would not be too happy if I was told , don't blame us blame the postman.

harmo

Blame the Xray department or the baggage handlers not RYANAIR.

Mike.

telcaz

What more did you expect from RYANAIR, but hard luck all the same.
                                                                            Terry.

thevistor

On the luggage belt it was a simple belt type case with a zip aswell it was not broken just undone on one side...tbh didn't think much of it
It was reported to Ryanair yesterday morning....the responce was can you prove whats missing!!!!!

cantabrian

WHY didn,t you report it when you noticed it on the luggage belt? IT could now be claimed that you have BROKEN IT!!!!  :head :head

Tim1

Bad luck! You must notify the airline. They will take it very seriously and take it up with the bagage handling departments at both airports, you may not get compensated but they will investigate because bent baggage handlers are an airport's and airline's worst nightmare.

thevistor

After a wonderful 10 days in Arboleas we started our journey home on Wed
On returning to Bristol i noticed one of the straps on our suitcase was undone on the luggage collection belt
It was not until Thurs morning we noticed 10 pouches of tabacco & a bottle of purfume was stolen