Zurgena Wi-fi

Started by byrney, June 05, 2013, 17:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duffs

I'm paying for a 2 meg service with Zurgena wifi and getting 1.7 meg, pretty good really compared with the uk on both price and loss of paid for speed. I should also add that as far as I am concerned zurgena wifi has been up and running at least 95% of the time. Good value in comparison.

byrney

€9+IVA for a month at 3mb with Zurgena - which seems to be a bargain.

However, as per my original post, the speed has recently only just been reaching 1mb which means it isn´t such a bargain after all.

Hopefully the Council will sort it out quickly, start to provide the speed that people have paid for, and recompense those who have been lacking a decent service next time they renew.  Oh there goes another pig flying across the sky...

guest4538

Quote from: telcaz on June 10, 2013, 12:07:49 PM
Yes, "Chisme" i pay for the next level and i paid €21-78 for three months, that was in March.
                                                                              Terry.

That too seems to be good value. But what, please, are the download and upload speeds for this next level at 7.26€/month?

telcaz

Yes, "Chisme" i pay for the next level and i paid €21-78 for three months, that was in March.
                                                                              Terry.

guest4538

Quote from: Sueandandyb on June 10, 2013, 09:53:49 AM
Can anybody tell me how much Greg charges for 1 MB as zurgena charges €3.63 a month.

Zurgena's Wifi charges seem to be great value! For comparison purposes, does the 3.63€ include IVA? And does anyone know Zurgena's charges for higher download speeds, if available?

telcaz

Well i have been with "Zurgena WIFI" for about two years now, I only use it for contacting family and friends in the UK, and reading this forum, although it has been very slow at times, and then last Tuesday lost it altogether until Saturday morning, since then it´s been realy fast, and no loss at all,early days yet i know.
                                                                      Terry.

Sueandandyb

Can anybody tell me how much Greg charges for 1 MB as zurgena charges €3.63 a month.

SRS SERVICES

We use Greg McCann's wifi system which he has just launched it is priced cheaper than the town hall and he provides excellent support.
SRS Vehicle Services - 950 44 90 95
We repair all makes and models from family cars to high performance sports cars, MPVs, 4WDs and light commercial vehicles. Mechanical and Electrical diagnostics and repairs, clutch, exhaust, and suspension, through to ECU fault code reading and diagnostics.

sparkiemike

Quote from: byrney on June 07, 2013, 08:53:48 AM
Unfortunately Mike, we second-rate citizens from Zurgena area are unable to access Arboleas Wi-fi because of yet another ludicrous political ruling, which, once again, could be altered at the stroke of a pen.

:wave

Sorry I didn't mean to gloat, just give Roger a pat on the back.

Mike

:tiphat:
Rules are made for the obeyance of fools & the guidance of wise men

byrney

Thanks Lorraine, I've just checked Jim's blog and found the following from yesterday about the Zurgena Wi-fi :-

"The problem with the WiFi across the area is due to the telephone company changes. We recently changed our telephony from Telefonica to Vodaphone and there has been a hiccup in the routers which needed to be replaced due to this change.................So hopefully the system will be back running again soon".

It doesn´t give a date for coming back on-line; whether the "slow" down-load speed will be rectified; and, what compensation will be offered for those people affected by the lack of/poor service.

guest4538

In view of all the good comments about its Wifi system, we can expect a new demand for property in Arboleas: it must help resale prices! Thank you Arboleas Council.

shadeseeker

Wish Albox town hall would get into the 21st century and give the people of Albox a Wi Fi system similar to Arboleos,  and for a similar price
'tis better to remain silent and appear an idiot than to open your mouth and forever remove all doubt! (translation from Ancient Wisdom of Confucius)

Lorraine

I think I remember Jim Simpson's blog mentioning something about them changing companies from Telefonica to Vodaphone

nilaho

My hubby called Ayuntamiento today, and apparently the current break in the connection is due to them changing companies (?) or something. Of course, there has been no notice of it anywhere... let's hope they get it done soon.

byrney

Unfortunately Mike, we second-rate citizens from Zurgena area are unable to access Arboleas Wi-fi because of yet another ludicrous political ruling, which, once again, could be altered at the stroke of a pen.

sparkiemike

:wave

you can't beat Arboleas Community Wi-Fi

Good old Roger

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mike

:tiphat:
Rules are made for the obeyance of fools & the guidance of wise men

byrney

Nilaho, not off topic at all.  It´s what my original post was about.  And yes, that´s the same area that I´m talking about.

A trip to the Town Hall on Monday is on the cards.

nilaho

Slightly off-topic: Is anyone else having problems with their ZW connection at the moment, or is it just me? I've tried connecting to two different hotspots (both Piscina, they're the only ones I can reach) and no luck, neither by logging in nor with the guest access.

Lorraine

We pay 25 Euros a month to Rednet for 4mb - absolutely brilliant, our phone now works without going off after 5 minutes conversation and the upload speed (I can't remember what it is) is brilliant.

byrney

Hmmm.  Three times more expensive then and only 2MG as opposed to 3MG.

I think he´ll carry on with a bad service from Zurgena and hope it imporoves, and use my Iberbanda connection when he needs a bit of extra ooomph!

Thanks anyway APY.

Optomist

Quote from: byrney on June 06, 2013, 14:01:22 PM
What´s the cost please CT?

€25 p/m plus IVA €30.25 inc , 2mb connection . Been with them for about 5 years .
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

byrney

What´s the cost please CT?

CT

Can recommend Albox Online, you can contract in or out any time and only pay for that month (full month, not part of it). Never had any problems.

G and T

We left it a few months ago and am now with Wimax, at €25 plus iva for a 4mg connection download and up to 1mg upload speed. We have kept the Zurgena connection just in case but it really isn't worth the money.

Many of the people we know who still rely on it are becoming very disenfranchised with it and are looking for alternatives.

Richard.

byrney

Yes Nilaho,

I agree.  Have we been conned?

nilaho

I live in La Alfoquia. I've been using the connection since December and it has been really bad.

We bought the full 4 Mb. First, the signal was really poor, and the computer kept losing the connection all the time. Then, we got an portable antenna which got us a good signal, but problems did not disappear: the connection sometimes works, sometimes it's really slow and the connection times out while loading a page. Uploading files and sending emails (even without any attachments!) also times out more often than not, and I have to try repeatedly or give up and use my mobile connection - this is a real problem as my work requires me to send emails all the time. These issues seem to be somewhat connected to the hour of day, afternoons around 4 pm are quite bad, for instance. Also, there doesn't seem to be any kind of client support available, unless you want to walk to the Ayuntamiento, perhaps.

Now, since yesterday, I can log in to the hotspot, but have no access to Internet at all! The only pages I can use are the login page and other ZW pages. On the other hand, when I try to reach these pages via my mobile connection, they take "too long to respond".

I definitely do not recommend ZW to anyone. Unfortunately it was the only option for us since we're here for less than a year.

byrney

Thanks Lorraine, would you mind if I asked how much you pay for that service?  Please PM if you prefer.

Lorraine

Unfortunately we had so many problems we left and went to Rednet

byrney

Has anyone else been experiencing problems with Zurgena Wí-fi?

Whilst paying for 3MG, he regularly only gets 1MG.

He lives in La Alfoquia.