concorcio knocking on doors

Started by Mike Town Hall, March 09, 2021, 11:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jubilado

Quote from: Roger on March 10, 2021, 08:57:51 AM
When the Consorcio has issued the bill it is due.
It does not depend on whether or not you receive it. It is your responsibility to obtain it.
If not paid then interest will accrue.

There are a lot of problems with the file.

Many people were registered when there were no house numbers and often no street names.
Therefore they are registered as the builders plot number.
Hence they cannot receive the bill.

Some people were registered with their passport numbers.
Hence the Consorcio cannot find your bank account.

There are people owing a lot of money but do not know.
There are people who have had large sums sequestrated from their bank accounts for unpaid bills they did not know about.
There are people not registered for basuras, but the original owner of their house is registered.
There are houses which are registered twice, once under the name of the original owner under the builders plot number, and again with the correct address under the name of the new owner.
I even found houses registered twice, under the names of the two owners but with different addresses (plot number and new correct address).
I have a case where the registration is in the name of the deceased owner with his correct NIE but not a workable address so no bill ever received.
But the bank account is now in the name of his widow with her NIE so the bank account cannot be sequestrated.

And if you think this is bad the situation with the bars in Mojacar is even worse, where the bars are rented and the Consorcio registration is in the name of the bar owner which is often an off shore company.

Does it matter?
Yes because unpaid or uncollectable bills means the rest of us pay more.

And this is why we left Spain! Joke!

Tetley

Quote from: Rtis on March 10, 2021, 16:03:17 PM
How can I find out if any bills are outstanding?

pop into the office with your nie number & address  2 doors up from Albox Dia opp Manolo Auto sparks .
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Mickey

Quote from: Roger on March 10, 2021, 10:31:36 AM
What I said is that if they do not have your postal address they can't deliver the bill.
But it has been published so you have to pay it.
They are again trying to update their files because with houses being sold often the new owners aren't registered.
Also there will be some people who owe money going back many years and without a postal address they can't be contacted except door to door.
But the big problem is as always holiday homes.

Roger the basura office stopped sending paper bills a long time ago, either you pay by dd with no bill or you go to the office in Albox and collect the bill to take to your bank.
Mickey

Rtis

How can I find out if any bills are outstanding?

samantha

Thanks Mike, That is certainly a much clearer explanation than the original post.

Tetley

Quote from: Roger on March 10, 2021, 10:31:36 AM
What I said is that if they do not have your postal address they can't deliver the bill.
They are again trying to update their files because with houses being sold often the new owners aren't registered.
Also there will be some people who owe money going back many years and without a postal address they can't be contacted except door to door.

yer honour    :laugh: x
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Roger

Monty1

In Los Cojos now.
We've paid for 13 years and never had a bill but showed direct debit on bank statement and happy with that.

Tetley

It does not depend on whether or not you receive it. It is your responsibility to obtain it.

Many people were registered when there were no house numbers and often no street names.

There are people who have had large sums sequestrated from their bank accounts for unpaid bills they did not know about.
There are people not registered for basuras, but the original owner of their house is registered.
There are houses which are registered twice, once under the name of the original owner under the builders plot number, and again with the correct address under the name of the new owner.
I even found houses registered twice, under the names of the two owners but with different addresses (plot number and new correct address).
I have a case where the registration is in the name of the deceased owner with his correct NIE but not a workable address so no bill ever received.
But the bank account is now in the name of his widow with her NIE so the bank account cannot be sequestrated.

And if you think this is bad the situation with the bars in Mojacar is even worse, where the bars are rented and the Consorcio registration is in the name of the bar owner which is often an off shore company.

Does it matter?

Roger the bill must be delivered correctly so it does matter .....however its probably going to cost more in Lawyers fees sorting that one out so its easier to pay the .....lost or un issued in the system bill .

there are delivery time scales and procedures for everything here .

example
people have had tax enquires and possible estimate ....if the person does not reply within the correct time scale and with the correct procedure then it goes outside of the appeal prosses and the state is deemed to be correct  so the bill becomes due ,wich could be a nightmare and has been if the .....Advisor has ball ,ed  it all up and sat on the enquiry letter till its timed out and to late to appeal

Elgin

Does it matter?

And they send people bills for properties they don't own!

Roger

Does it matter?

Tetley

Quote from: DLMcN on March 10, 2021, 06:46:07 AM

Indeed, a lot of us pay automatically four times a year by Direct Debit, and no longer receive anything from the 'Consorcio' on paper.

However, I do still have a very old printed acknowledgement of payment, which clearly shows my Spanish ID number. So this would presumably be the best way of convincing them that you are fully paid up: i.e., they will surely be able to search for your NIE in their system, and thereby access your account details.

they work off the NIE then match it to the address ,all you need to provide if they nock is your NIE ,i  collect my Bills from the office in Albox then pay at the bank so i can practice my Spanish

also once a bill/invoice  is issued it is not time limited barred   for the reason that the bill has been issued  so they may go back years with issued bills that are entered into the system

if its a new registration ie no invoiced issued but you have lived at the address they might do the 5 year back if you were at the address over the period there asking for  .

for anybody not paying its around 35e per  1/4 plus payed on time plus if payed late   5% /10%/20% late fees depending on lateness

for anybody that gets back billed that has just moved in ......get a copy of your padron history/electric/water contract showing start dates  and take them into the Albox office .

DLMcN

Indeed, a lot of us pay automatically four times a year by Direct Debit, and no longer receive anything from the 'Consorcio' on paper.

However, I do still have a very old printed acknowledgement of payment, which clearly shows my Spanish ID number. So this would presumably be the best way of convincing them that you are fully paid up: i.e., they will surely be able to search for your NIE in their system, and thereby access your account details.

Rod

When we had our apartment near Torrevieja which we used for holidays, we thought our rates included rubbish as it was paid through a third party who we paid to do it. When we moved over in 2001 we found bills in our post box going back about 8 years and we had to pay them all in one go with fines included. They then even found a couple more as we were about to leave.

Malcolm

Maybe Mike has already given a proper address and he is advising us that officials may call to ask for proof that payment is being made for some properties to avoid wrongly chasing people for unpaid bills

samantha

Hi Mike,
What is meant by "proper addresses of clients (customers?)"?  Surely it is the Town Hall (yourselves) who have the "proper" addresses of the properties and can supply them.

None of the post makes any sense, more info needed please otherwise you will find that they will be ignored as touts or salespeople etc.  Exactly what information are we obligated to give them? If anything, unless they are chasing unpaid bills?  This is all a bit vague Mike and a worry in these Covid risk times.  Please explain more.

packard

That they only go back four years is a myth. Suspect some blinds will be pulled down.

lorrydriver

Have been waiting for basura bill for twelve months??????? been here twenty years

The Gardener

Never had a bill but the DD goes out of the bank OK!

sledgehammer

Never had a bill for years (used to get one) but they keep taking it out of my bank on a regular basis

tandas

presumably they will have some kind of ID to show as well

Mike Town Hall

The Concorcio (rubbish collection) are knocking on doors to update their register with proper addresses of their clients now we have them, it is a man and a woman in a white car, they may want to see a copy of your bill. At present they are in Los Requenas but will be going around all of Arboleas.

Regards Mike.