sorn for car

Started by dinkie1234, August 22, 2012, 18:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lesley and Pete

From memory, (earlier this year), you go to Traffico in Almeria with the documentation and evidence that all relevant taxes are paid up to date and request the vehicle is put into 'baja'.  They deal with it & provide you with a note to confirm the action.  It then cannot be used on the road & if it is, it can be impounded by the Guardia.

Lesley

p2une

Hi again dinkie1234.  There are lots of places that can help you,and I'm sure they would all do a good job, but Jo Tissington works for the ayuntamiento in Albox, and makes no charge for her services.  She will tell you the procedure and probably help you fill in the form too, although you will have to go to the trafico yourself - not really a problem unless your Spanish is non-existent.
I'm sure it would be worth a visit to her to get the lowdown on this, even if you end up paying someone to do it for you.
Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most

livin-doll

Hi  C.A.T services in Alfoquia can help you out with this one, very efficient and excellent service.

Livin-doll

p2une

You can take it off the road temporarily too- it's similar to a SORN and called a baja.  We asked Jo Tissington in the old Ayuntamiento building about taking a scooter off the road last year and she told us what the procedure was.  We didn't do it in the end, and I can't remember exactly, but if you go to see her I'm sure she'll help you.  I do know that it's necessary to go to the office  in Almeria to to it.
Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most

dinkie1234

Hi, can anyone tell me what to do ! we have a spainish plated car off road for two years,still paying road tax, can you get it sorn? if not what is there if any.thanks