Cost of an afo

Started by Roger, August 11, 2020, 15:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

Quote from: joanie on August 14, 2020, 13:20:19 PM
Correct me if im wrong, but when Ino.13 was all passed I can't recall anyone having to pay "provisional urbanization" costs. Does this mean all future cost will have to be paid by the unfortunate Arboleas 300?

you need correct legal advice from a planing administration lawyer......people are just going round in circules on here with" if,buts,possibles,might be,s ect"

suggest contact the AUAN  lawyer chap Geraldo in person in a face to face meeting  ie  to disperse with the local internet   helpers /AFO  promoters   wich might be confusing the job/reving the job up.

Gerardo Vazquez, VAZQUEZ ESTUDIO  JURIDICO
Parque Comercial Mojacar, Local 76,
04638 Mojacar, Almeria, Spain
Telephone: (+34) 950 473 069
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

joanie

Correct me if im wrong, but when Ino.13 was all passed I can't recall anyone having to pay "provisional urbanization" costs. Does this mean all future cost will have to be paid by the unfortunate Arboleas 300?

byrney

Let's not bother eh? Despite all of your doom and gloom, houses in Zurgena are selling like hotcakes. Legal, alegal, illegal, or whatever. Ask Andy Voss.

languagesolutions

Quote from: Edni on August 12, 2020, 16:27:26 PM
Zurgena and Albanchez also have a brilliant town plan which never seems to come to fruition, and therefore for some reason they are also charging high prices for an AFO which is being challenged.

Congratulations to all those fighting against legalisation and making money out of AFOs...the future looks bright (not).

Just a battle though, it ain’t over til it’s over. Keep fighting for legalisation Arboleas, Zurgena, Albanchez and co :)

Tetley

Quote from: Edni on August 12, 2020, 16:39:30 PM
Tetley, now there is the rub. Watch this space.

we look forward to another episode .... :))
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Edni

Tetley, now there is the rub. Watch this space.

Tetley

Quote from: Edni on August 12, 2020, 16:27:26 PM
Zurgena and Albanchez also have a brilliant town plan which never seems to come to fruition, and therefore for some reason they are also charging high prices for an AFO which is being challenged.

what is the  administrative challenge procedure ?

Edni

Edni

Cantoria? Lots of AFOs have been given, at reasonable prices.

Roger

Well my lubina has arrived.
Cooked to perfection being Spain.

Roger

As usual the town hall doesn't justify its charge.
Nor does it give details of how it has arrived at the cost.
Just
This is the bill you have to pay.

Tetley

Quote from: Roger on August 12, 2020, 13:45:49 PM
I am basing my figures on an official document from the town hall which has been sent to me.
It's the bill for an afo which the town hall has approved and is now demanding payment.

thanks Roger.

Roger

I am basing my figures on an official document from the town hall which has been sent to me.
It's the bill for an afo which the town hall has approved and is now demanding payment.

Tetley

Quote from: Roger on August 12, 2020, 13:11:20 PM
It's the town hall which is selling the afos at an exorbitant price.

Roger
what are you basing you exorboration,s of price on ? ie one lawyer,s view or have you contacted the Almeria provincial administration  / looked at other areas charges  to give a guide to the exorboration.

also have you been into the town hall to ask for there calculations ,ie how they arrive at the charging base for the local AFO.

Genuine question

Roger

It's the town hall which is selling the afos at an exorbitant price.

languagesolutions

Roger, I think it's fair to say your relationship with the Mayor was a lot closer than mine lol.

The thing is, I'm not the one selling these AFOs. I still believe in legalisation, even though the PP government in Andalucía are making things so complicated.

I also doubt our former friend the Mayor would charge people illegally; he is a planning genius, he was the first Mayor to build legally in the area and as far as I can see is one of the only ones who want to continue legalising so us young-ish ones can live to see a village without future planning problems and scams (not too sure how things are going now in Zurgena, Albanchez and Cantoria...).

Roger

Or Ben
People like yourself who have in the past had a close relationship with the mayor
Could speak to him and suggest that he withdraws this charge
And helps the British  residents who have brought so much benefit to the town.
Rather than penialising them.

languagesolutions

So...taking into account that you think Arboleas TH is illegally overcharging people thousands of euros, wouldn’t it be better if everyone waited until you get an answer before even thinking of spending thousands on an AFO?

I’m sure the AUAN will be looking into this supposed illegality.

Roger

The only reason I have any interest with promar is to protect the 11 in the escrow account, who I promised to do my best to protect.
As your know there is a problem because the other 9 clients either are waiting for legalisation before they will pay anything, or can't pay so waiting to sell.
But they can't do that until they are legal.
And until they pay what they owe promar can't settle their tax bill.
A big problem.
The afos may be the only way out of this mess.

Malcolm

I’m glad you have the interests of the 11 in the account and I hope not too much interest for Promar

byrney

Lol. Cheers Roger. Enjoy!

Roger

You win byrney.

But I will not make any more pro or anti afo comments,.... Until I have finished my bottle of red.

byrney

My goodness Roger - I don't ever remember winning a bet so quickly......

Roger

The reason the mayor says the embargo has to be lifted is to allow land to be transferred to the town hall as part of the legalisation process.
Obvious note necessary if we use afos.

Negotiations are in place with the Hacienda to see how much they will settle for.
If not too much we can pay from the escrow.
But the interests of the 11 people who paid into the account have to be protected.
So it depends on the total finances and how the town hall will proceed.
We can't lift the embargo without assurances from the town hall to prevent another embargo.

Edni

Why pay for the embargoes if you can apply to lift them once you get the AFO and can get an escritura from your vendor?

San Juan

Roger, I know you cannot discuss individual cases but I refer to the point raised by Malcolm in which he asks if the embargoes on Los Torres can be settled from the escrow account. Not everyone is in the escrow account so how would that work and also, in order to segregate the plots doesn't everyone have to sign.

Malcolm

Why can’t the embargoes be settled from the escrow account?

byrney

"Finally ( and this really is from me)"

Now, I'm not a gambling man (honest!), but I'll have a few quid on that one!

Roger

Finally ( and this really is from me)
In my opinion the only reason not to get an afo  NOW is if your parcelisation project is about to be produced and approved by the town hall.
The only fact I have is that only Los Torres has a draft parcelisation project but the mayor has stated that it can't be approved until the tax office embargos are removed.

The biggest problem for people is that no one can give any guarantee about how long they will have to wait for the full legalization process.

People can make their own decision.

Roger

So in summary..
The afo route is definitely a lot quicker.
It's also cheaper, but by how much depends whether the mayor gets away with the extra charge.
The drawback with the afo route is that in the future the town hall could stop you adding to the property (although many have done so without a license).

Roger

If this additional charge stands up in court then the cost of an afo will be around 5000 euros.
This is the same as the building legalization tax people will have to pay if they wait for the full legal planning process.
However waiting for the planning process will probably involve parcelisation costs and project fees.

Roger

I have seen official documents giving the cost of an afo from Arboleas Town Hall.

The cost of the afo will depend on the size of the property.
Typical costs are
House 850 euros
Pool 300 euros
Caseta 300 euros

However the town hall is charging an additional 2800 euros which they claim is a provisional urbanization cost, which is subject to be changed in the future.
However legal opinion is that this is not allowed under Spanish law.

So the saga continues.