Parts of Zurgena that are becoming very untidy

Started by KJH3, November 04, 2017, 15:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paige Turner

We have been reading this forum for at least 3 years as non members and decided to join when we moved here. Nearly all the information we needed has been gathered here and has helped us immensely, and we are very grateful. As KJH3 has wrongly implied that we sought advice in a bar, and my post suggests people on here don't know what they are talking about, wrong, we never sought, or were given advice in a bar, but the advice and contacts we did receive from the shop below has proven today to be the best advice we have received to date, and we did look around as much as our legs would allow. Went back to the shop to thank them after a very successful visit to the town hall but they were not there, but we still got a nice welcome. Never thought i would say this about a Spanish town hall visit, but this one was a pleasure. My husband who is from Andorra put the difficulties we were having with the town halls in Andalucia down to his Spanish accent, but the visit was easy, and stressless, all our questions and checks were answered. Thank you very much Lynden and Lorraine for you positive replies very very much appreciated.   

KJH3

The best advice you can give anyone is dont take anything at face value, especially over here, Turn every stone and look underneath. You are also quite right about the right position of what you buy. I have many friends who now admit they bought their dream of living out of the main areas with huge plots without any thought as to the future. Now for some its becoming serious, finding difficulty driving, not on a bus route, no local services in walking distance and inability to cope with maintaining property and grounds.
Friends can help and do what they can but no one wants to be a burden, think of the future before you buy. Might i also suggest the "Bar" is the wrong place to seek advice. 

Lorraine

Well said Lynden. I live in the area under Zurgena and know just how difficult finding a legal house is. A good suggestion to look for something under Arboleas. They seem to be the only council that have anything like a working council as far as illegals are concerned.

Lynden

Quote from: Paige Turner on November 10, 2017, 07:36:46 AM
We have been reading this post from the beginning but don't know these areas mentioned very well. We are house hunting, so getting to know a lot of places. We were brought to Cucador for viewings on wednesday, didn't realise it was the place mentioned at the beginning of this topic until we saw the name of the pub. Both of us loved the area, and the people we met. We have been shown around many many areas, toooo many to mention, and most were a lot worse and dirtier than Cucador. We visited the secondhand furniture shop under the bar and were made feel incredibly welcome, and we received some excellent advice help and contacts there, hospitality that set us up for the day. The little market in the carpark was very friendly as well. Maybe it was because it was the area where we met the most friendly people that has left the biggest impression, but if we can find a suitable property in this area we will buy there. We had a beer and coffee on the terrace of the bar and have to say we really have visited places with a lot worse views, i couldn't really see what there was to complain about. We have to visit the town hall of Zurgena to ask some questions today, i will let you know what happens. We have been to a couple of townhalls so far for information on properties and so far it has been an ordeal.
I would recommend you get a local estate agent to help you (if you haven't already). No area around here is perfect but some have better facilities and services than others. For example is being connected to the main sewerage important to you? It should be. How accessible is the village by road in bad weather? What if we can't drive in future. Most people don't think about mundane stuff like this when they are trying to buy their dream.
From past experience, find somewhere within the jurisdiction of Arboleas Town Hall, get a good lawyer to make sure it's 100% legal, and take care of the mundane.
I won't go so far as recommending individual villages or urbanisations but speak to Danny at Arboleas Town Hall and don't stress. I will however say that getting a 100% legal property within Zurgena district is a little more difficult. You can check with locals in La Alfoquia and Cucador who unless they want to sell you their property will give you a frank appraisal of their town hall at Zurgena.

KJH3

Sorry but your thread seems to suggest we dont know what we are talking about by someone who has visited the area once?, did you cover all roads in the urbanisation? Put your drinks down for a minute and have a wander down the roads i mentioned, not difficult to find and then come on here and tell us there is nothing to complain about. Sorry to be blunt but there is more to living in area that a friendly business and bar, we know we live there.

Paige Turner

We have been reading this post from the beginning but don't know these areas mentioned very well. We are house hunting, so getting to know a lot of places. We were brought to Cucador for viewings on wednesday, didn't realise it was the place mentioned at the beginning of this topic until we saw the name of the pub. Both of us loved the area, and the people we met. We have been shown around many many areas, toooo many to mention, and most were a lot worse and dirtier than Cucador. We visited the secondhand furniture shop under the bar and were made feel incredibly welcome, and we received some excellent advice help and contacts there, hospitality that set us up for the day. The little market in the carpark was very friendly as well. Maybe it was because it was the area where we met the most friendly people that has left the biggest impression, but if we can find a suitable property in this area we will buy there. We had a beer and coffee on the terrace of the bar and have to say we really have visited places with a lot worse views, i couldn't really see what there was to complain about. We have to visit the town hall of Zurgena to ask some questions today, i will let you know what happens. We have been to a couple of townhalls so far for information on properties and so far it has been an ordeal.

Tetley

Quote from: byrney on November 08, 2017, 10:31:26 AM
"id have bought somthing with a steam engine,ie small shunter train" - that was the original idea Tets, but they ran out of cash!

bryns...stop it  :57: x
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

byrney

"id have bought somthing with a steam engine,ie small shunter train" - that was the original idea Tets, but they ran out of cash!

Tetley

if id have been runing the job,id have bought somthing with a steam engine,ie small shunter train,old road roller,painted it up ad done a rouderbout wi a nice flower arrangment

,infact theres a rounderbought going at bottom of our road,so i might have a word see if i can get a old stream tracton engine stuck in middle finish the job off a bit,or even our very own Angel of the north,now that really would be impresive on the cyckle up   :sign0098:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Lynden

I've heard Phil Mitchell wants to set up a garage in the arches.

raysun

Tetley

Quote from: raysun on November 07, 2017, 18:29:24 PM
Byrney, they could borrow some of the arboleas ones as we have loads but at the moment they are a bit busy getting tetleys motorway outside his house sorted.  Once el ruladar has been sorted they might get a free transfer to help out other areas.

my ground force team dont just work in any areas,these kids are highly skilled tecnos,anyway apart from that were fully booked up   :))

raysun

Byrney, they could borrow some of the arboleas ones as we have loads but at the moment they are a bit busy getting tetleys motorway outside his house sorted.  Once el ruladar has been sorted they might get a free transfer to help out other areas.

byrney

Correct Lorraine, but, getting back to KJH's original post about the general state of the area - he is right.

There are many areas which are getting downright untidy in Zurgena area.

Not sure what is going on, but there seems to be a dearth of the usual cleaners who diligently clean up the area when they are there.  What has happened to them?

Lorraine

How ironic they have chosen yellow plaster for the "finishing" of the blockwork!! It does look rather like a students sampler - different brickwork on different parts.

musicdonna

Quote from: byrney on November 06, 2017, 22:03:46 PM
MD - How very dare you criticise the Eighth Wonder of the World.

You just wait until the tourists come flocking in - you will surely eat your words.

And now we have our very own Coviran - well, the World's our oyster.....onwards and upwards as they say!

:hee20hee20hee:

byrney

Apparently, the idea was to "celebrate" the rich cultural railway history of the area.  The two tunnels are supposed to represent two railway tunnels, and the initial idea was to put some railway memorabilia on top of the structure, such as an old steam train.  Unfortunately, that's when they realised that they couldn't afford it, so we have ended up with an eyesore with no purpose.  At least they are now keeping a person gainfully employed by using him to put "fake" brickwork into the plaster finish!

nibbler

I'd be very interested to who who's idea it was and if it's to commemorate something. Or perhaps they were just trying to outdo the gun emplacement on Mojacar Pueblo.???
Nibbler :bravo_2:

byrney

Correct Lorraine, and they'll never put it back to being a sensible junction because that would mean confessing that they were wrong.  I sit for hours watching that junction just waiting for the inevitable crash to happen.

Lorraine

Meanwhile back in Zurgena/La Alfoquia - the newly acquired 8th wonder of the world is certainly an eyesore and the road surface atrocious but it is in keeping with the nonscence of making a straight road into a "junction" where you have to indicate right to go straight on. I believe this was done by the powers that be in Almeria, but really, what a balls up.

zilnor

Nibbler

:clap: :clap:

As you say, as long as it is legal.

The Queen and Prince Charles have both paid taxes for some years. However much/ little, it will for sure be more than the average pleb pays .  :72: :93:

nibbler

Tet's It's their money and they do want they want with it, as long as it's legal.I defy anyone to tell me they wouldn't do exactly the same if they had the wealth. I know I would.
Nibbler.

Tetley

Anyway Campers Off Topic

hows all you upstanding 101 % legit in life folks ( aledgidly ) feeling   this morning...

ie Queen Lizzy & the private & public pension funds ( good name for a band   :))  )

stachin the cash offshore....? :shocked:   :shocked:

Tetley

This is why yer should all move to Arboleas,

ive had a full ground force team out side the space centre, :shocked:

new mains water pipes both Galasa  & irritation pipes ,new mains hunder ground electric cables ie 2 less pylons to knacker up in the storms   :13: , new bog pipes,now im getting a new path and there puttig mi a cykle path in to make it easyer to cykle to pool bar, ( keep on 91 kg 36 " waist for modelling weight for cataloge shoots  :)) )

infact Arboleas El Rulador will soon be prime real eastate,

so if there,s  out for sale,snap it up now if yer thinking of buying ,befor the houses go back up to 2006 price levels   :welcome:   :08:

ive even now got an Andriode box working....how that fro progress mi European luvlies ,got to dash im gonna Hong Kong this morning on a youtube tour   :57:

byrney

MD - How very dare you criticise the Eighth Wonder of the World.

You just wait until the tourists come flocking in - you will surely eat your words.

And now we have our very own Coviran - well, the World's our oyster.....onwards and upwards as they say!

musicdonna

It would be really useful if the recycling bins area in Cucador could be tarmac-ed so it doesn't get like a quagmire for days after there's any rain.  There's obviously IBI money available- at least there was to construct a big super-sized McDonald's M sign on a totally unnecessary roundabout in La Alfoquia...!

felipe

Come on guys lets not get into another he said she said he said argument.

raysun

Peter and francis and kh ,  you really need to get out more.
What silly comments noting the opening post about footpaths, weeds , pavements  etc..
have a happy pill .

nibbler

KJH3

Peter and Francis you are totally correct in what you say.
It strikes me that some on here while being able to read, are unable to distinguish between legitimate comments and criticism about
town hall services or activities, which they pay for and comments of a personal nature that they would not have the ***** to say to the faces of those concerned.
They think that being able to spout personal comments about individuals while invisible on the net is free speech
and to suggest thats wrong is a denial of free speech.
Like i said before, if you want to make personal criticism publicly have the courage to do it face to the face as well. What a brave world we live in.

Regular nut 🥜

Yes raysun , I totally agree with you the last post that was put on here about something opposite La vida, got totally out of hand,  just because of a simple comment. So there really isn't a freedom of speech in this world.

Peter and Frances

Yes and quite right raysun these people are complaining about the lack of imput in the area or stupid construction carried out by the local council as they are paying IBI and only certain areas receiving attention NOT PASSING SNIDE COMENTS ABOUT PEOPLES PERSONAL PROPERTY without even knowing the people if you don't like what you see go elsewhere and yes we are touchy about nasty comments about people in our area

raysun

I recently made a comment on another post about the same area and like others trying to make helpful suggestions nearly got railroaded out of town.
touchy lot around there so i will leave them to it.

byrney

You are right KJH.  I went to La Vida last week and almost fell off the road into a huge pothole.

The other area of great concern (roadwise) is around the newly (partially) built Eighth Wonder of the World in the middle of La Alfoquia where they have now replaced a totally un-dangerous road junction with an accident waiting to happen.  The road round the roundabout (together with the temporary markings) is atrocious.

Fishery

Galasa, especially, seem to be leaving a trail of destruction, not tidying areas where they have repaired pipes. There is a road in Los HIguerales where they repaired about 100 metres of pipe and have left the road in a terrible mess, and don't respond to any requests to repair it.