The Queen

Started by Hawkeye1, May 07, 2013, 11:23:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CT

I suspect the Queen will be quite glad to miss the Commonwealth Heads (CHOGM) as it's known.She simply
opens and closes it and in between has to entertain a parade of obscure Commonwealth politicians most people have never heard of.Better off putting her feet up at Windsor watching Corrie.

Elle Sid

We can speculate about who we should like to see on the throne until the cows come home, but the bottom line is that the Queen took vows at her Coronation to serve the country and Commonwealth which she takes very seriously. I suspect that barring illness which might incapacitate her either physically or mentally, she will continue until she dies, then in the words of Spike Milligan, she might stop.

roadrunner

agree with RT21....don't want Charlie and co on the throne period! Skip him in favour of our Wills

Woden

Quote from: cg on May 09, 2013, 20:56:05 PM

".........and as for Camilla cant really find a place for her can you?"

Sorry cg she's got to give B&Q a miss, she's way to busy in Pets at Home, Dog Section I'm told !

Woden  :tiphat:

cg

Just think , the Queen working at B@Q see if she can live on those wages, perhaps she could work in the garden dept., she has enough of them Prince Philip could cover a couple of shifts in the bedding Dept., they certainly have had to cover up enough of his blunders.
As for Charles got to be the hardware he got to be a few screws short  and as for Camilla cant really find a place for her can you?

webejamin

Quote from: CT on May 09, 2013, 07:41:23 AM
Do B&Q have much demand for old queens ?

Well cuddlybill, do they?  :whistle:

Lynne

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

bobthelook

Quote from: cg on May 08, 2013, 16:47:16 PMPerhaps if she were to retire, she could get a job at B@Q like a lot of pensioners have,
You've got to be so careful when shopping there - - - - I had a close call yesterday.  I walked into B&Q hardware at lunchtime and some old guy dressed in a black shirt with an orange apron on asked me if I wanted decking. Fortunately, I got the first punch in and sorted the bastard out. Those less suspecting might not be so lucky. ;)
Malayan proverb - Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm.

rt21

Quote from: byrney on May 09, 2013, 08:06:52 AM
"AND it may mean that charles and his bird are six foot under"....

Oh cantabrian, you really are an insensitive B*****D

I think he meant under the covers Byrney ;D

Richard

byrney

"AND it may mean that charles and his bird are six foot under"....

Oh cantabrian, you really are an insensitive B*****D

CT

Do B&Q have much demand for old queens ?

babbsy

wonder if the greek prince will get his share of the pension pot ?????

cantabrian

Lets hope she gets to the century !! She could even send herself a birthday card ,AND it may mean that charles and his bird are six foot under,and William can take over !! Sounds good !!!

Cielos

Quote from: rt21 on May 07, 2013, 21:54:23 PM
Quote from: Blue Moon on May 07, 2013, 11:37:17 AM
Why do the royals not retire at 65 like everybody else? With modern life expectancy of 85 - 90 years and more it is unlikely that any of our future monarchs will accede tot the throne until they are in their sixties or seventies. Ridiculous!!

I would much prefer her to continue than have Charlie boy accede to the throne

Richard

Same here, the man is a self indulgent buffoon.

Where the Queen went wrong I don't know, but all 3 of her sons are really poor specimens

Shame that we can't skip straight to William or perhaps Anne could take the reins for a few years???

cg

Perhaps if she were to retire, she could get a job at B@Q like a lot of pensioners have,

rt21

Quote from: Blue Moon on May 08, 2013, 10:33:12 AM
When most people look to retire by their mid-sixties why is the queen allowed to go on forever.

But there is now no official retirement age in the uk. It has bee abolished.

Richard

Blue Moon

If we have to have monarchs I would much rather have young ones than old ones. When most people look to retire by their mid-sixties why is the queen allowed to go on forever.
Also having old popes means that they are completely out of touch with younger Catholics.
I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with old people. I just think that institutions thrive when there is an injection of new blood and new ideas.

byrney

Oh come on Blue Moon, why 65?

The newly-elected Pope is in his late 70s, and he looks after over half a billion Catholics....

Surely a person ought to be able to stay in a post until s/he is no longer fit to do the job - or unless they are stopping a younger person having gainful employment?

rt21

Quote from: Blue Moon on May 07, 2013, 11:37:17 AM
Why do the royals not retire at 65 like everybody else? With modern life expectancy of 85 - 90 years and more it is unlikely that any of our future monarchs will accede tot the throne until they are in their sixties or seventies. Ridiculous!!

I would much prefer her to continue than have Charlie boy accede to the throne

Richard

webejamin

Unfortunately, the royals don't have a job, so they can't retire, but they are lucky in the sense that they have well financed hobbies and pastimes to keep them busy doing the things they want, when they want :whistle:

Blue Moon

Hawkeye1

The Queen will not be attending the Heads do Commonwealth meeting this year because of her age and the need to curb overseas travel. I think she has done a fantastic job over many years, but if she can't do the job she should abdicate. Poor old Charlie will be wondering if his turn will ever come!

Views on a postcard.