pointing gun advice please (builders )

Started by Tetley, May 10, 2013, 10:53:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cantabrian

RUBI make an excellent pointing " gun" , i don't understand some of you lot when you claim they are no good ,mine is now 11 yrs old and still going strong !!! (longos )

cougar

My advice Tetley, is don't point your gun at a policeman

webejamin

Yes Tetley, pull out all the old stuff and repoint with fine sand and cement, much better than the other stuff, it never looks right and from what I've seen of it, it doesn't last. A job worth doing!!!!! :tiphat:

gus-lopez

Quote from: Tetley on May 10, 2013, 13:00:39 PM
Quote from: Cowboy Builder on May 10, 2013, 12:48:23 PM
In my opinion they are a waste of money ,a few years ago I went to a trade fair and the guy selling them didn't take an order all day ...best do it the traditional way....much cheaper  or get a builder in, there are plenty of them about , but be carefully most of them trained on the flight over with the "Ryan Air School of Building".

Thanks for the info,   :tiphat:        no problem with the ryan air builders as its for the UK  :)  

Yes, I'd 2nd CB's opinion. More trouble than it is worth.  I've got one here that's hardly used if you are up this way & want to borrow it.  :lol:

P.S. You'll have a  pm in a mo.

Tetley

Quote from: Cowboy Builder on May 10, 2013, 12:48:23 PM
In my opinion they are a waste of money ,a few years ago I went to a trade fair and the guy selling them didn't take an order all day ...best do it the traditional way....much cheaper  or get a builder in, there are plenty of them about , but be carefully most of them trained on the flight over with the "Ryan Air School of Building".

Thanks for the info,   :tiphat:        no problem with the ryan air builders as its for the UK  :)   
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Cowboy Builder

In my opinion they are a waste of money ,a few years ago I went to a trade fair and the guy selling them didn't take an order all day ...best do it the traditional way....much cheaper  or get a builder in, there are plenty of them about , but be carefully most of them trained on the flight over with the "Ryan Air School of Building".

Tetley

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

jimmybeen

Yes 'Janad20', that thread title had me going too !

Janad20

The subject name has a whole different meaning..... BANG BANG!!!!! :D :D

Tetley

just wondered if we had any builders on the panel as i need to point up a few m of brick work and im looking at buying a pointing gun if anybody could recomend a decent make that they have used ,that would be spot on.

TVM   :tiphat: