Pool licences Arboleas

Started by Enrique, October 16, 2009, 08:40:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yvonne

flimflam .. you are right ! in many ways - although - property in UK has greatly decreased in value - and many people are left in a negative situation. (You do have the warm weather - and a more relaxed enviroment !)

I agree - that the Solicitors - do not grasp the mantle !! (In my experience ) .. and whilst the "politics" in the area have complicated the situation - I wonder whether this is in fact a "welcome" diversion in some instances.
It is very "easy" to become caught up in a cultural and political arguement - when in fact - that detracts from the "obvious" - that many (if not all) of all the people from UK bought into Spain - with faith- and now find themselves in a vulnerable situation. This should not have happened - their Solicitors (and builders - !!) should have enabled them to be in a position to protect their property and themselves from a negative situation.

Granted the Sterling/Euro crisis could not have been forseen - but - on the Forum - the issues are not in the main due to the exchange rate - but are linked to a situation of "confusion"

PandJ

Doug oh sorry ROY.... gutless asever
PandJ

doug

Quote from: kimberley warner on November 03, 2009, 09:17:21 AM
Not only pool licences seem to be a problem - my neighbour is building a second storey on his villa, completely taking away all privacy, but he's been given a licence to do it in an area we were told it couldn't be done....same old, same old. The Spanish are very unfair to us.

:head 8
:yawn:

The Sheriff ILLIA.

This rule / law has been in force for many years - coming into the category that you need a Licence / permission to disturb the Ground / Land - we had to comply to this rule back in 2002 when we started building.

Back then I enquired with the Architect as to who would check what we were doing - No One -  was his reply ??? the first morning the JCB started digging we were visited by  the   Guardia    Police Local  and the Junta - all wanting to see our licence to disturb the Land.

Also I am one of 7 in our area - 2 of them Spanish - who have Pools - all built with no Licence - because  we are all in the Campo - and you cannot get a licence for a pool in the campo.   Waiting to see what will happen if and when we get a prospective buyer !!!!!

Fred Sheriff.

Tip of the Day for a long life  :-  Breathe In  - Breathe Out - repeat when necessary.

Enrique

Hi NormanM
In reply to your question I have been told by our lawyer that Arboleas have only just taken up on a law that has been in place in other areas for some time, if you want further info I suggest that you speak with town hall.
Regards
Eric

kimberley warner

Not only pool licences seem to be a problem - my neighbour is building a second storey on his villa, completely taking away all privacy, but he's been given a licence to do it in an area we were told it couldn't be done....same old, same old. The Spanish are very unfair to us.

:head 808 :vomit:
Against all the odds...I'm STILL happy to be here!

NormanM

Enrique -  can you please tell me by what authority in law has the Arboleas Council Council introduced this requirement?
From Normam

flimflam

Think we'll all just have to stay put for a few more years!!!!!!!!

Having a house in Spain is not the investment that it is in the U.K.   Looks like we'll just have to enjoy all the good
things that are here in Spain - and try not to dwell on the bad things.

Most people have been ripped off one way or another - and no doubt we'll find lots of things that are wrong with the
'paper-work' when we eventually have to sell up. 

Personally I blame the solicitors and builders who don't seem bothered at all that all the paperwork is done properly.  You
pay them for a service that they are just not going to give you.

Most new people coming out here are benefitting from our misfortunes - the answer is DON'T TRUST ANYONE - and chase up
everything yourself.

blueboy

Same thing happened to me a year ago,but the whole thing fell through because my lawyer got jittery and dug deeper and found all paperwork iffy. All because no pool papers, done me a favour.  BEWARE.

Mercurian

Quote from: jimbo on October 17, 2009, 12:12:50 PM
It would appear to me that Arboleas is an independent republic in the province of Andalucia as this is the first time that I have heard anywhere, the need for a licence to include the sale of your house with a pool. However I fully agree with Rogers statement that it looks like another scam to rip-off the Brits. The answer lies in the hands of the Arboleas residents who are on the padron, to remember these actions when voting time arrives.

Friends of ours who decided to sell found out that there was no pool licence so they went to the builder to ask for it.  It had been applied for and granted but was still lying in the Town Hall from 4 years ago and not paid for!  They had to pay for it to sell the house.

andie

just out of intrest  :wave

we helped sell a house 18 months ago for a freind in the uk.

2 days before the notary sign up the buyers lawyer picked up that the pool wasent on the escturia thus it turned out no building licence .

result house price had to be discounted to reflect the aditional costs involved

the pool was on the origanal invoice for the house.

S   :tiphat:

jimbo

It would appear to me that Arboleas is an independent republic in the province of Andalucia as this is the first time that I have heard anywhere, the need for a licence to include the sale of your house with a pool. However I fully agree with Rogers statement that it looks like another scam to rip-off the Brits. The answer lies in the hands of the Arboleas residents who are on the padron, to remember these actions when voting time arrives.

LittleRichard

Quote from: Roger on October 16, 2009, 19:03:25 PM
Here we go again. Things are tough so let´s find another way to rip off the Brits.

blah blah blah
:head
VIVA ESPAÑA

Roger

Here we go again. Things are tough so let´s find another way to rip off the Brits. They will always pay up.
My advice is find another abogado.
Better still, don´t bother with an abogado, and save even more money.
You don´t need an abogado, certainly not to exchange escrituras. That´s what a notary is for.

The only reason to use an abogado is to buy a new house, to save you the trouble of going to all the offices yourself. In effect an expensive gofor.

The Sheriff ILLIA.

Enrique,   Try  Jose Carlos Carmona   Augustin Longo's Son  he is a qualified architect and the most reasonable priced one I have found in the Albox area.
Fred Sheriff.

Tip of the Day for a long life  :-  Breathe In  - Breathe Out - repeat when necessary.

Enrique

New requirement for pool licence in Arboleas.
In order to sell your house you will be asked by lawyers for the pool licence,
ARBOLEAS TOWN HALL NOW WANT A PROJECT FOR THE POOL BEFORE ISSUE OF LICENCE
If your builder included a pool with your villa, either look at your escritura to see if its included OR go to the builder for the licence which he should (?) have supplied.

If you have to get your own this can cost up to €1200 + licence for an architect to do one.
We are talking to architects to get a lower price,and as soon as we have a low price we will post it on the forum.
Regards
Eric