Fake Guadia/Customs Officials

Started by Riverbed Frank, October 23, 2009, 00:20:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HogRider

Frank
I'm told by a freind of mine (GC Officer, and rides a Hawg ! So they ain't that bad !) these Banditos have been on this scam for years !  He's says that NO GUARDIA CIVIL OFFICER carries out a stop in a vehicle not showing some form of identification as a GC Vehicle, he also say's if the persons trying to stop you are not in a marked car, try to take a photo of the car and 'Officer' !  Apparently only GC Officers and National Policia Officers are the only Authorities in Spain to carry out non Urban and Municipal stops on the main roads and will be in 'marked cars' !

Even the new excess speed equipment cars (Black Peugeot's and Audi A4's) will not stop you for speeding as there will be a traditional Traffico car nearby or by the side  of non autovia roads to carry out the stop ! Both the above incidently have several roof antennas and the Peugeot has a 'bulge' on the drivers door which houses the camera. But both do have a Logo on the rear of the vehicle somewhere which says 'Guardia Civil'.

The above information is given purely road saftey advice and is in no way encouraging drivers to break the law !  :whistle:

A Law abiding Hogs who never exceeds the speed limits ! :angel:  :whistle:

Riverbed Frank

Please everyone take care when driving through the Madrid area, my parents and cousins got stopped and robbed by fake Guardia/Customs Officials today.

They were driving an old black saloon car in what looked like Guardia uniforms and managed to get away with a substantial amount of cash.
The only thing out of place on their uniform which my parents did'nt realise until it was to late was the fact they were not carrying a firearm which is a dead give away as the Guardia always carry a firearm.

Do not stop for unmarked vehicles even if they have a blue light [Guardia only use marked vehicles for this work] continue driving to the nearest fuel station. If they do manage to stop you lock the doors and dial 112.