What's Your Opinion - it maybe Controversial

Started by Biggin, July 05, 2020, 21:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggin

Manchester United have put the rest of their transfer business on hold while they try to sign Borussia Dortmund and England winger Jadon Sancho, 20

Headlines from the Daily Mirror this is typical of Woodward will persue Sancho all the way to the deadline and will finish with no one Else. we need at least three transfers in . This policy of his is crazy I see one of the Centre halfs  that was being mentioned  for around 25 million now looks like he is heading to Italy.

Biggin

Well the Wolves supporters must be sick this morning after huge Blunder by VAR in not re-ordering the Penalty to be retaken following encrochment from 2 players one of whom actually cleared the rebound that was heading towards Jiminez. Why oh Why  can they not get these things right.

Not saying that Wolves would have won the game Sevilla were the better team but when you are 1 ahead one never knows

Biggin

Just read in one of the many reports that Untd are offering Sancho a 5 year deal on 350 thousand a week if this is true they are absolutely crazy its could be a repeat of Sanchez all over again.

Sancho has done very well in Germany but he has proved nothing in England be sensible nothing wrong with a 5 year contract but wages have to start lower and increase through the contract dependent on performances

timb

Very interesting reading for certain. I’m glad to see that the rise of 2800% in wages has helped them to keep pace with our pensions!

Biggin

Quote from: twojaysalmeria on August 05, 2020, 17:17:00 PM
Interesting breakdown of matchday revenues and their importance to each club in the PM here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52529679

Somewhat grim reading for Man Utd, Arsenal etc.

J

Thats an interesting read

twojaysalmeria

Interesting breakdown of matchday revenues and their importance to each club in the PM here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52529679

Somewhat grim reading for Man Utd, Arsenal etc.

J

timb

Tbh Bill until you offload Sanchez and Pogba every player with value is going to be looking for £250k a week plus. All over tho in the Premier League anybody who is a regular in the squad is going to be kicking 50-100k a week.

I don’t think empty grounds will make one shred of difference financially other than the loss of the prawn sandwich brigade

Biggin

Quote from: Cartron on August 05, 2020, 11:48:42 AM
Is the figure mentioned for Sancho 340000  pounds a  WEEK. Correct.??
Has the world gone  mad ??
With  empty stadiums for the forceeable future.

No I don't think so paper talk they are not going to get caught like they did with Sanchez.
other figures I have see is 200, 000  but considering he is on 70000 at Dortmund I would be hoping Untd are looking more at 125 to 150 thousand per week to start.
In honesty I can see it not happening

Cartron

Is the figure mentioned for Sancho 340000  pounds a  WEEK. Correct.??
Has the world gone  mad ??
With  empty stadiums for the forceeable future.

Biggin

with all the talk of transfers going on and every player on the planet linked to Man U looks like Woodward doing his usual incapable of doing more than one deal at a time so he is entrenched in Sancho deal If Dortmund are  not going to move on price walk away we need another midfielder and centre half and a striker go out and get before the window is nearing closure get them in before the season Starts in September.

Odds are we will finish with nobody if Woodward does not get his finger out, just think last year we were going to have a Director of Football in place and we are still waiting.

If he does not get any new players in and we don't have a good season it is Ole that will take the Flak

Biggin

Quote from: timb on July 23, 2020, 12:13:49 PM
I thought United looked very tired on Sunday and again last night. To counter that Leicester have four of their best players missing but the youngsters who’ve come in haven’t really let themselves down. I was saying to my lad last night I’d rather play for a win than a draw. The air could be a bit blue round our way on Sunday!!

Yes Timb Untd I have felt  Untd have been looking tired for a few games now if we go back to the first games after lockdown the play was quick and forward but for the last few games it has been slow and to the side and back and that was obvious against Leicester by the time they made their minds up what they were going to do Leicester were either back in p[osition or in with a tackle, the only real positive was the forward pass that brought the Penalty

Old Pedro

Tense last day at the bottom of the Premiership. Well done Villa. That VAR decision against Sheffield United!

timb

I thought United looked very tired on Sunday and again last night. To counter that Leicester have four of their best players missing but the youngsters who’ve come in haven’t really let themselves down. I was saying to my lad last night I’d rather play for a win than a draw. The air could be a bit blue round our way on Sunday!!

Old Pedro

Biggin it's all in the hands of Man.Utd now who have the best form out of the sides fighting for a champions league place. Sets up two cracking last games of the season. After last night Chelsea have another tough game ahead against Wolves, who will finish above Arsenal and maybe Spurs. Great season for them again. After the start of the game last night any viewer would have thought Chelsea would have at least got a point. First goal was the game changer, and VAR should have ruled out the foul that gave Liverpool their position to take the free kick from and score. Who are the people at VAR does anyone know which planet they are from lol !

Biggin

So it's turning out as I feared Man U I think have blown their chance to finish in top- 4 ok it was a draw tonight and that puts us 1 pt ahead of Leicester but playing them at home on Sunday I think Untd will struggle to get the draw they need.

So again 2 teams in the lower reaches have cost them 4 pts and both games at home

Biggin

Chelsea played well but how long have I been saying that the Untd defence worries me and today they were found  out  hero against the last game with some terrific save De Gea was a villain today he should have done better at the first goal but the second was an absolute howler and then an own goal by Mr Slow McGuire.

Don't know why Ole changed the system but it certainly did not work tonight, Chelsea were all over them like a rash maybe 2 extra days helped ::) ::)
at the end of the day on todays performance the better team won.

so it Mon Tues rest then another game for Untd at home to West Ham I honestly don't see them winning that , Antonia will take therm to task,  then we have 3 days rest until its Leicester Away who will have had 6 days rest  so again it does not look good I hope I am wrong but I don't see them getting any higher than 5th.

So the message to Ole is sign some decent defenders ,

felipe

Great win by my lot. But why is it that whenever Utd lose playing badly it is always how bad they played and not much about how well the other team worked in stoppi g them from pplaying. As for the BBC commentary, well talk about wanting Utd to score........

timb

Some interesting games coming up for the conspiracy theorists among us.

Do Spurs beat Leicester and do Chelsea a favour?

Do Liverpool beat Chelsea and do Man U a favour?

Do Wolves beat Chelsea and do Leicester a favour?

All will be revealed in the next few days!

Biggin

Untd got lucky last night Palace could have had a penalty at 0-0  then just after went 1 -0 up Palace then in 2nd half got a goal that was then disallowed for offside and it was the smallest of margins. Untd then finished the game by getting a second.

As I have said before the defence worries me as demonstrated at the disallowed goal  where the left back was nowhere to be see as the ball was from Palaces left past the two central defenders  to a waiting Palace Forward at the far post  to slot in  only for it to be called offside.

A plus point last night De Gea was in good form making some really good saves keeping Untd in the game

Dunedin

Did Hull City forget to pick up their goalkeeper last night before travelling to Wigan. 7 nil by half time. 🙄

felipe

The reason for such a bad game was Jorginho. Foes not know how to forward. It was the same against Sheffield Utd. When he is not in the team we play much quicker. Doubt he will be playing on Sunday. Mount will be in along with Kante if fit.

Biggin

Just watched the second half of the Chelsea game hope they play as badly on Sunday . But now they are resting , Man U on the other Play Thursday  so will be at a disadvantage in terms of freshness.
Man you Played Mon  Rest Tues/Wed  Play Thursday  Rest Fri/Sat    so 2 +2   Chelsea  Played Sat  rest Sun/Mon  Play Tues Rest  Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sat  so 2+4

I said after the Southampton game that Man U looked tired with the above I don't see that improving for Sunday.

so it just shows how unfair in order to accommodate television that some clubs have faced since the restart of Football and those still in the cup have had the hardest burden, I am sure if we checked through all the fixtures  most clubs would be affected at some point and smaller clubs would be at a real disadvantage.

Biggin

Quote from: felipe on July 14, 2020, 08:42:12 AM
Did you not hear the cheer from my house Bill, when Southampton equalised. Should be a good game on Sunday. Wembley without fans is going to be strange though.

I wondered what the noise was Phil :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Re Sunday I don't see Man U beating Chelsea they looked burned out last night and now with Injuries to Shaw and Williams (maybe they will be fit by Sunday) it has given them additional problems.. But last night Southampton showed how suspect that defence is

I hope I am wrong but to me it looks like a Chelsea win

felipe

Did you not hear the cheer from my house Bill, when Southampton equalised. Should be a good game on Sunday. Wembley without fans is going to be strange though.

Biggin

Quote from: Biggin on July 13, 2020, 14:21:46 PM
So Man C are in the Champions league next season haven be given a reprieve, so with Chelsea and Leicester both losing at the weekend then it is now in Man U's own hands a victory tonight takes them into 3rd place.
However in the past this season when Chelsea/ Leicester have failed to win their games ahead of Man U playing they have failed to take advantage, what are the odds they do the same again against a dangerous Southampton Side.

I hope I am wrong but the Man U central defence worries me and I am sure Ings will be ready to pounce on any mistakes.

Well I was proved right Ings pouncing on Pogba winning the ball pushing forward and from the cross Armstrong scored 0-1 to Southampton Martial should have equalised when 1on 1 with the keeper but then we had goal chalked off correctly for offside then we had 2 quick goals to put us in front. Southampton much the better team in the 2nd half but Man U holding out  Rashford should have scored but missed under pressure. then with all subs made Williams and Walker -Peters jumping for the ball clash of heads in the 88 th minute resulted in Untd goin g down to 10 men Williams having to go off with a badly cut head so Untd were down to 10 men then in 96th min Southampton had a corner and scored from it 2-2

United looked tired tonight and that defence still worries me so I dont see a good result for us in the cup at the weekend against Chelsea .
So there we go another chnace missed a win had us in 3rd place  a draw keeps us in 5th  now hoping for Liverpool to beat Chelsea and us to Beat Leicester on the last day but of course we have to beat Place in London and West Ham at home

Angleseyite

Man C are very wealthy and money talks, say no more ....
I think Man U will take 4th spot and do well next yr, whether Chelsea manage a place or not will depend on their game against Liverpool, bit of a surprise result against Sheff Utd.  Looking forward to next yr and who are the big spenders in the transfer market...

Biggin

So Man C are in the Champions league next season haven be given a reprieve, so with Chelsea and Leicester both losing at the weekend then it is now in Man U's own hands a victory tonight takes them into 3rd place.
However in the past this season when Chelsea/ Leicester have failed to win their games ahead of Man U playing they have failed to take advantage, what are the odds they do the same again against a dangerous Southampton Side.

I hope I am wrong but the Man U central defence worries me and I am sure Ings will be ready to pounce on any mistakes.

Old Pedro

Jose Mourinho previously said he'd never take the Spurs job because "I love Chelsea supporters too much." he proclaimed. All good Mourinho teams are built on solid defensive foundations and the budget at 120 million for summer purchases may not be enough. He has said "just look at Klopp" it took him time to get Liverpool winning trophies. Losing Kane will be a major setback, but Liverpool lost Torres, who flopped at Chelsea and Suarez who was going to bite off more than he could chew ! Yes, he is scoring goals at Barca, but Liverpool now have Mane, Firminho and Salah. All the Spurs fans I have spoken to believe Jose would have been an excellent choice ten years ago, but the dynamics of the way the game is played has moved on. Has Jose?

After Chelsea losing to Sheffield United the door is more open now for the race for the champions league places. With a game in hand, all Leicester and Manchester Utd. need to do is win their remaining three games. Not an easy task. Leicester face Sheffield United, away to Spurs and then what could be a deciding game at home to Manchester United. Utd. only one home game to West Ham and away to Palace. Chelsea should beat Norwich at home and then the crunch game away to Liverpool and then at home to Wolves.

All of these three teams will be waiting with baited breath to see if Man. City (another five goals again-well done there) are allowed to remain in the champions league tomorrow. Will they get the nod or will they be banned?

timb

Soyunca has proved a fantastic replacement for Maguire. Very quick and brave, sometimes a bit impulsive. I can’t remember the guys name but he is trying to get his Turkish teammate to join us which suggests he may be staying - fingers crossed!!

Jose has proved all to often he will only go where it suits him. Tottenham isn’t big enough (tin hat on!) so I don’t see him staying tbh. I also think there is a lack of team spirit there and has been all season so expect some more exits.

Biggin

Yes Timb I have to agree with you regards Ibheanecho I thought he would be a good buy for you but he has under performed and a replacement would be a good idea of losing players yes Chilwell could go and Possibly Soyuncu I am not saying they want to go but their names keep popping up in the Gossip columns

on another matter How long is Jose going to last at Spurs as it appears he has got them now playing the same way as he had Man U dull and boring football Kane is suffering and If things dont improve I don't see him staying there for long

timb

As ever I fear the transfer window at Leicester. Our owners are not sellers but as with Maguire if the price is right (over the top) it’s bye bye. To keep everyone I think we need the lure of the Champions League but whereas that was a fore gone conclusion it now looking decidedly shakey. Lose this weekend, Man C win their appeal and it’s the horrible Europa League.

Moving forward we need a replacement for Vards and make him more of an impact player. Iheanecho doesn’t quite cut it for me so it’s 50+ mill for a striker first, maybe sell Chilwell for the figures bandied around. I think our midfield will be excellent next season as they grow a year older however Tielemans has gone quiet. Watch out for Barnes though with another year on his back - oh and hands off Maddison!

Biggin

Well watched the Man U game last night and am now even more convinced that Grealish would be an absolute mistake. In fact if they retain Pogba and I now think that is a real possibility then the do don't need any further midfield players.
Ole is looking for a wide right player, a centre forward and a Central defender that his is wish list.

Glad to see some replies on here so lets here about your own teams what do you think they need and see if others  agree or disagree with you.

I thought we might have had some chatter from Albert but since his team looks as if they could be heading to division one he may not be qualified to talk about football ::) ::) :laugh:

Angleseyite

I think Man City have had their day, but agree Liverpool need to strengthen their squad, but seems silly to say that when they have achieved the Premiere league with 7 games to go, and are the current European and world champions. If they strengthen their squad what will happen next yr!!!! Man Utd will do well next yr, probably be the main team to challenge Liverpool, not forgetting Chelsea of course. 

timb

1. A lot will depend on the outcome of Man C appeal next week and the likely fall out from that. If they lose it and only have domestic league to concentrate on, but don’t lose any key players, I really believe they will be the team to beat. Liverpool definitely need a couple of players. Back four looks solid but sometimes look exposed in the middle and I really think at least one of Mane, Salah, Firmino will go. I don’t feel their youngsters are as good as Man C or Chelsea yet.

2. I was saddened to see Maguire go but as 80 mill bye bye. Very good positionally but has the turn circle of a cruise ship. Lindelof doesn’t do it for me but the key for United will be selling Pogba.

3. Grealish is overrated and looks good in a very poor side. Cantwell is Norwich’s new “Maddison” and will be bought up by someone in big six side quite cheaply.

Biggin

I just thought I would start this topic to get some banter and differing views it will probably mostly be around Football but it can be any Sport so I am going to start it off with a couple of points

1 Liverpool will not retain the title next year unless they make a few signings  I think they need another Defender and they need back up in midfield I have watched Chamberlain play in a couple of games recently and he is just not good enough - get rid and the same goes for Forward in Origi  not good enough needs replacing

2 Man U need another Defender that is quick as both MacGuire and Lindelof  are not quick enough  .

3 Man U are linked with Grealish  I have watched him in a few games recently and I would not waste my money on him he would be no more than a bench warmer in my opinion  a better buy would be Cantwell and would come a lot cheaper