Main Menu

Rugby

Started by Johnny73, November 13, 2021, 17:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunedin

Quote from: Johnny73 on December 05, 2021, 15:53:36 PM
Dunedin , what happened to your English Rugby Seven women's team.
Time for a team talk or more  " money money money.🎷🎸

Someone break a nail.? 😀

Johnny73

Dunedin , what happened to your English Rugby Seven women's team.
Time for a team talk or more  " money money money.🎷🎸

Dunedin

Johnny73

Will leave you to your ladies game😁

Dunedin

Red Roses 89, USA 0. Our girls must have got a rise in pay as it can't be superior speed, fitness and strength that makes them win. 😅😅

Angleseyite

I don't think Dunders is able to understand the concept for some reason  :grin:

Johnny73

The French women's rugby players are SEMI professional which means they have to go to work as well.
As far as I'm aware the NZ ladies are also semi pro  so no comparison .

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/despite-vast-disparities-this-was-six-nations-full-of-hope-for-womens-game-ptx6llqc7

Dunedin

Quote from: Angleseyite on November 17, 2021, 12:38:29 PM
Money has a huge impact on success, not always, but in the main it does :grin:

Agreed.
But it was stated originally that the reason the Red Roses dominate the woman's rugby was because they are paid and both the other teams they devastated do not. Both the French and the New Zealand teams are paid as is the US team they play next. 😎

Angleseyite

Money has a huge impact on success, not always, but in the main it does :grin:

lmj52

Well you mentioned Hamilton, his team earns far more, has more investment than say the Williams team, so I wouldn’t expect those teams to compete against the “ big boys” . However Hamilton has immense talent
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Dunedin

Quote from: Angleseyite on November 17, 2021, 09:41:02 AM
Dunders, I think you've lost the plot now. Hammy doesn't play women's rugby as far as I know :grin: :grin:

Ang, the argument put forward was that the Red Roses win because of money paid to them even though the teams they won against also get paid, but not quite as much. 😎

Angleseyite

Dunders, I think you've lost the plot now. Hammy doesn't play women's rugby as far as I know :grin: :grin:

Dunedin

Quote from: Angleseyite on November 17, 2021, 09:09:09 AM
What's that saying about "there's no so blind etc" :grin: :grin:..

So, that explains why Lewis Hamilton has won so many times, he has the most money. Nothing to do with skills or experience. 😂😂😂

Angleseyite

What's that saying about "there's no so blind etc" :grin: :grin:..

Dunedin

Quote from: Johnny73 on November 16, 2021, 16:23:42 PM
Now you have it at last Dunedin.

Have what.? That the past 2 teams the women played ie, France and New Zealand who also get paid were beaten by the English team. 😆

Johnny73

Now you have it at last Dunedin.

Angleseyite

Quote from: Dunedin on November 16, 2021, 14:57:33 PM
Quote from: Johnny73 on November 15, 2021, 19:04:48 PM
Ireland amongst others just pay travelling and other expenses. So  a nurse books time off for the game and back to work in the Hospital on Monday or Tuesday. How can she compete with England who train full time with a healthy salary.
It's not England's fault that others haven't caught but it's certainly not a level playing field .

Johnny,
The same could be said in the Olympics and in World Championships in most sports. 😎
A good example was last nights 10 nil result in football.

That's exactly the point Dunders, at last!!!! :grin: :grin:

Dunedin

Quote from: Johnny73 on November 15, 2021, 19:04:48 PM
Ireland amongst others just pay travelling and other expenses. So  a nurse books time off for the game and back to work in the Hospital on Monday or Tuesday. How can she compete with England who train full time with a healthy salary.
It's not England's fault that others haven't caught but it's certainly not a level playing field .

Johnny,
The same could be said in the Olympics and in World Championships in most sports. 😎
A good example was last nights 10 nil result in football.

Johnny73

lmj52

Quote from: Dunedin on November 15, 2021, 15:59:34 PM
Quote from: lmj52 on November 15, 2021, 14:35:32 PM
Dunedin, did you read the article? The information was provided there

Yes I did mate, but is an old article. Check the date. 😎

You are correct but England pay the most and have done so for some time. The other home nations are just starting to pay some of their players.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Dunedin

Quote from: lmj52 on November 15, 2021, 14:35:32 PM

Yes I did mate, but is an old article. Check the date. 😎

lmj52

Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Dunedin

Quote from: Angleseyite on November 14, 2021, 19:04:16 PM
Quote from: Johnny73 on November 14, 2021, 18:29:02 PM
Dunedin ,  you need to realise that England are a fully paid professional team and impossible for other ameteur teams who have to go to work every day to compete.
It's like comparing MU with a Sunday  pub team.
Until the playing field is level England's results are meaningless.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/joanne-o-riordan-new-plan-needed-to-get-women-s-rugby-on-a-level-playing-pitch-1.4531316

I don't think he understands the difference, its been said before, but hey, its England :grin: :grin:

You'r behind the times. The English Women's team are on £30,000pa. The French Women get the equivalent of £25,000, as do the Black Ferns. 😡😆

Angleseyite

Quote from: Johnny73 on November 14, 2021, 18:29:02 PM
Dunedin ,  you need to realise that England are a fully paid professional team and impossible for other ameteur teams who have to go to work every day to compete.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/joanne-o-riordan-new-plan-needed-to-get-women-s-rugby-on-a-level-playing-pitch-1.4531316

I don't think he understands the difference, its been said before, but hey, its England :grin: :grin:

lmj52

Agreed Johnny. I’m just glad Wales beat Fiji!
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Johnny73

Dunedin

17 wins in a row for the Red Roses. 51-12 against Canada today. USA ladies next. 😄

Dunedin

Very good game. I just hope tomorrow's womens game will be as good as the last two. 😀

lmj52

Great game well done Ireland
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

doreen1

Fantastic game of rugby, well done Ireland 👏🏼👏🏼

Johnny73

What a super game and a great win by Ireland who were magnificent against the All Blacks.  Long time since I saw the all blacks outplayed and also beaten in the physical side.