Dacia dealer

Started by Paulg, March 17, 2014, 18:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trish

Hiya Paul - we have just bought a brand new car with the PIVE scheme at Lorca. We started off by asking about a Dacia Duster until we found out the waiting list is 6months - far too long for us!!! However, the salesman Juan Carlos had lots of patience, explained a lot of details without being 'pushy' and had a pleasant manner. We went away, explored many more garages in Albox, Lorca, Vera, Huercal Overa and Baza... none made us feel very confident dealing with them - mainly because of the language and translation problems. I would recommend browsing online - making the most of the UK websites and once familiar with each make of car, move on to the Spanish websites which are almost identical in layout etc. We went back to Renault in Lorca and after discarding the Dacia, decided to buy a Renault Captur which met most of our spec and price. It took about a month and like most of the Spanish - they are not very quick with returning phone calls or replying to emails... but we got there in the end with Juan Carlos. Very satisfied with the car so far and would recommend you look around before you buy.

Velez

Many thanks for the reply and useful tips.

We are flying over in April and now we know that the 'King' speaks English we will pop over and see him for a chat! :crown:

Many thanks Mrs Cuddlybill perhaps you could let us know how you get on in May good luck.

Cuddlybill

Hi Just read the post about the Dacia.  We have ordered one and 'im indoors' is picking it up in May (fingers crossed).  Firstly, I am not aware that you can get a 'deal' on the Dacia.  They are a fixed price vehicle - you add what you want at the time of ordering - only paying for the additions to the model you want.  This maybe why they are the price they are.

We have been dealing with Juan Carlos the salesman in Lorca (I have affectionately nicknamed him 'The King').  His English is OK but some things get lost in translation - his arithmetic is pants - so watch the finance deals he offers!

As far as the technical stuff is concerned I used the Dacia UK site where you can configure your vehicle and get the details explained.  I then used the Spanish site and did the same (just a note, the Dacia in Spain is now the new release with updated styling so is slightly different to the UK visually)

Last but not least - I think Juan Carlos uses a translation site when replying to e-mails as some of the phrasing is off but and he takes the 'manana' approach to what a customer in the UK might expect a quick reply to!  All adds to the excitement!

Hope this helps Mrs Cuddlybill   
The 3 rings of marriage...........engagement ring, wedding ring & suffering!!
You only need 2 words to keep a marriage happy......Yes dear....

Velez

Hi Richard
                A couple of questions if you don't mind. Where about  in Lorca did you buy, was it at a  Renault dealers? Secondly do they speak English I'm afraid my technical Spanish is not up to scratch yet. I'm afraid my experiences in Spanish car showrooms has not been too positive in the past. So your feedback would be most welcome.

Thanks M.

Paulg

Thanks, folks, for taking the time to reply.
Rehards
Paulg

Richard Betteridge

Hi, the nearest one is in Vera on the road out towards mojocar,if not the best one where you will get a far better deal is at LORCA where we just bouhgt are new car,the prices at lorca are much cheaper than at all the dealers in almeria we hope you have good luck     

RICHARD

soosoo

I think most Renault dealers do Dacia

Paulg

Hello, does anyone know of a Dacia Dealer close by?
Many thanks
Paulg