Car Insurance Question

Started by villegas, January 21, 2013, 11:44:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gus-lopez

The policy is on the vehicle & as long as it remains in force & you have proof, you have cover,

byrney

Yes Jimmybeen but that was back in the day when the GC were "friendly" people and had you been stopped one of his other mates he would have just waved you on.  They would probably all have been in similar "arrangements".

Given the current attitude of the GC I would strongly advise against this sort of thing even if anyone does still happen to have a GC as a friend....

If you do, take some very good advice.

jimmybeen

I did back in 2007 the guy who sold me the car in April was a friend from the next village who is a Guardia Civil Officer, he told me it was quite common to do this and I drove till September on his insurance. The insurance has some limitations (age of driver etc) but is basically for the car NOT the driver / owner. I didn't have any problem with that. You still need to carry both the insurance certificate and the proof of payment, that was strange for me as he had to give me his bank statement which was evidence of the policy payment.

Iberlynx

Not a good idea as insurance is based on the owners driving history not the cars history.

villegas

Has anyone out there, bought a Spanish car, and taken over the existing insurance policy?
Good idea or not?
Comments please

x