Pension fiasco

Started by verwood, January 22, 2013, 11:29:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

p2une

I have mine paid into a UK account but my husband's, which is paid over here, was on time last week, never had any problems - other than the rate dropping of course!! C'est la vie!
Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most

byrney

I´m all for HMG cutting back on spending but I´m not sure that "out-posting" mail to be handled by foreign workes rather than our own is very cost-effective.

After all, when the PO finally closes down look at all those workers who are going to have to receive redundancy payments and the various benefits to which they will be entitled.

verwood

my pension is in today  5 days late

ramblagirl

Just checked and pension is in the bank today so only one day late.

gus-lopez

Quote from: alfie on January 22, 2013, 21:21:03 PM
To be fair, if money can be saved by sending non-urgent mail via Malta, why not?
Everybody complains when examples are given of government waste, and yet when cost saving measues are used, they get criticised. They can't win!

I'm all for saving money but if what they post doesn't arrive & they have to send it again & that doesn't arrive either they are hardly saving money are they. If I hadn't given up asking we could still be going around in circles.
It is not 'non-urgent' mail they send that way it is all mail I was told.

alfie

To be fair, if money can be saved by sending non-urgent mail via Malta, why not?
Everybody complains when examples are given of government waste, and yet when cost saving measues are used, they get criticised. They can't win!

gus-lopez

Quote from: Norm2 on January 22, 2013, 18:28:29 PM
Quote from: gus-lopez on January 22, 2013, 15:42:52 PM
Wouldn't mind if they arrived but so far 75% don't.
And how would anyone know that!!!
I have mail posted out by a relative from the UK - takes about 3weeks to arrive. Spanish postal system to blame me thinks!

I am talking about myself & wife . 8 letters sent , one arrived. Phoned& complained & they resent all four again. Another one arrived. 2 out of 8. That was in July . Never seen any of the others. Gave up & soorted it myself.
Spanish post, no I don't think so as all letters sent by normal methods arrive within a short space of time & from us to UK they arrive within 2/3 days.
At the same time as the hmrc debacle info was requested from the soc.sec. overseas dept at Newcastle. They managed to get stuff here in less than 7 days & even correct an error within 3 days . They don't use the cut price Malteser system.

Rod

When our pension was late a couple of months ago we rang to find out where it was and we were told the US providers were late in payment, beggars belief.

ken

My State pension was due on the 25th Dec it was paid on the 21st so I expect that this months pension will be paid 4 days late as happened last year. It is done get you back onto a 4 week cycle.
Only the living suffer

Norm2

Quote from: gus-lopez on January 22, 2013, 15:42:52 PM
Wouldn't mind if they arrived but so far 75% don't.
And how would anyone know that!!!
I have mail posted out by a relative from the UK - takes about 3weeks to arrive. Spanish postal system to blame me thinks!

verwood

Pennydot

Every letter I get from HMRC takes at least 4 weeks to arrive!

byrney

Presumably Gus because it´s cheaper for HMG to send letters out in bulk to Malta and then post them on because their mail is cheaper than the UK?

Talk about scandalous!

gus-lopez

Just like the hmrc send out letters via Malta ?? wtf is that all about. Wouldn't mind if they arrived but so far 75% don't.

rozzieb

Yes, ramblagirl,

It is state pension, mine should have been in also and it didn't arrive, I also had a problem last month so I should be getting 2 today..........

ramblagirl

Are we talking state pensions here because my husband's pension should have been in the account today.

byrney

I spoke to them last week and they told me there´d been a cock-up with payments around Christmas and that people affected would be receiving "emergency payments" and that they´d eventually catch up....

nibbler

In the words of Victor Meldrew "I DON'T BELIEVE IT"
Nibbler :tiphat:

rozzieb

Mine not arrived yet either

verwood

Just contacted overseas pension people in UK to ask why my pension,which was due on the 18th, wasnt in my bank here yet.
I was told it would be in my account tomorrow, when i asked the reason for the 5 day delay i was told because of a bank holiday
so i asked what bank holiday? and was told it was a bank holiday in USA and that they use a bank there to transfer the pension.Amazing!!!!!!!