Anyone travelling back to UK needs to do this to save time and stress on arrival

Started by 4nick8, July 18, 2020, 12:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lmj52

Quote from: soulman on July 22, 2020, 17:58:13 PM
Also needs to be completed for entry into Spain.
Download the SPTH app and it’s a piece of cake.
Like the OP, on my flight to the UK on the 15th nobody was aware. Two flights landed at the same time........had to queue for 2 hours to get the form completed!
Not happy.

Some people seem to live in their own little bubble with no knowledge of the outside world. :grin
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

soulman

Also needs to be completed for entry into Spain.
Download the SPTH app and it’s a piece of cake.
Like the OP, on my flight to the UK on the 15th nobody was aware. Two flights landed at the same time........had to queue for 2 hours to get the form completed!
Not happy.

Chris B

Gingernut, yes its for everyone returning to the UK, easy enough to fill in online, can't do it until 48 hrs before departure.

gingernut

Have you any idea if it is the same when you are going by ferry is to Portsmouth from Santander.

restoration man

Our son has just been and gone back to Bournemouth with Ryanair. He completed his form online before he came here....

Rtis

It has been known for sometime about the 48 hour rule , at least 2 months , also our son arrived from Japan and went straight through !!! Only at Instanbul did an official check everyone !

ajc

Thanks for that info
Very helpful information , I am back to Bournemouth next weeek

4nick8

Hello Folks,

I arrived back in the UK yesterday, against my better judgment!

Upon arrival at Bournemouth, I was greeted by Border Force officers who were checking if I had completed a form about contacting me if someone on the flight had C19. I, together with the majority of the passengers on the flight, hadn't a clue about this and were told to complete the form online using our phones or risks a £100 fine. Well as you know completing anything online using a phone is difficult at the best of times, especially so when there is limited wi-fi at the airport and fellow passengers are asking you questions. For those passengers without smart phones tablets were provided, but these were very few.

It took me the best part of half an hour to complete. Another £3.00 for parking too.

Message to Ryanair : instead of sending me junk mail about hotels and car hire why couldn't you have advised me that this form needed completion beforehand, grrrrrrrrrr!

Here is the link to complete the form 48 hours before you return:

https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk

Good luck and stay safe, brrrr now where is my sweatshirt!