Gravel

Started by Chip, November 09, 2012, 08:00:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Sheriff ILLIA.

I have received a PM from Elliot at ECS who is a Gravel Deliverer -  reference my statement in the above post about extortionate prices for gravel - and I aplogise for the misunderstanding.

What the poster prior to myself  did not make clear was that the prices he quoted wasn't  for normal gravel - but for special gravel.

Therefore the prices quoted were not out of the ordinary.

The prices I quoted were for normal Grey Rambla Gravel   - as I think the original poster was enquiring about -  if you require anything other than this -  you will have to pay more.
Fred Sheriff.

Tip of the Day for a long life  :-  Breathe In  - Breathe Out - repeat when necessary.

The Sheriff ILLIA.

Antatoo,

I don't know what state the Ramblas are in through not living in the area any more - but the easiest way for the first time of going is to :-

Go up the main road through Albox heading for Baza - leave right as soon as you cross the main Rambla Bridge - to go through La Malata and to Almanzora Village.

On the outskirts of Almanzora Village when you have crossed over the old railway bridge go Left and down to the Rambla - go Right heading for La Cinta - and leave the Rambla on the 2nd tarmac road on your Left.

The Quarry { Juan's } is the first on the right there is usually someone there most of the time.

Since 2003 I must have had 20 or more loads of him - delivered up near to Taberno and it was always € 90.00 - but it may have increased slightly ???

Reg,   € 110.00 for 2 ton is daylight robbery & so is 3.5 ton for € 50.00
Fred Sheriff.

Tip of the Day for a long life  :-  Breathe In  - Breathe Out - repeat when necessary.

REG

try this 

ecs elliot 617588925 i just had 2 ton from angel oller 110e including delivery
this guy 3.5 tons deliverd 50 e
reg

antatoo

Quote from: The Sheriff  ILLIA. on November 09, 2012, 13:48:41 PM
Go direct to the quarry on the outskirts of Arboleas - pick out the size of Grava you require € 90.00 for a 16 ton lorry load in the local area - a lot cheaper than anywhere else.

That is cheap!
Where abouts is the quarry Fred?

The Sheriff ILLIA.

Go direct to the quarry on the outskirts of Arboleas - pick out the size of Grava you require € 90.00 for a 16 ton lorry load in the local area - a lot cheaper than anywhere else.
Fred Sheriff.

antatoo

We got our local friendly log deliverer to bring us some - €45 for 2 tonne delivered, earlier in the year. Not sure if it will have gone up since but I have his tel no. if you want to talk to him.

gingernut

A freind of ours bought his from a company on the Albox to Terberno rd very good quality,no delvery charge and,if i remember correctly a better price than Ollers.

Good luck, hope you have some good friends to help you spread it.

tonybee

easiest place is angel oller's opposite lidl's on the albox rd.They are very helpfull and very good on delivery,the price depend's on the type of gravel on how much you need,best advice is go in and have a chat they speak english.Hope this info help's you. :tiphat:

Chip

I need to buy a lot of gravel,for my drive,around the house and around an orchard,due to lose because of the storm.

Where is the cheapest place to buy it?

Are there delivery charges included in there prices?

Finally I know the price will vary according to the quality of the gravel,but does anybody know rough 'ball park prices' per ton or cubic square metre??

Thanks for your help in advance.