ENERGY CERTIFICATE

Started by banjodog, April 29, 2013, 10:36:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

packard

There is a limited amount of info. online, mainly about its the "law" and it will cost 250+ euro.
Apparently there is not a fail level nor are improvements mandatory, a low rating would, wait for it, "reduce the value of your property"
Another article points out that if you have made improvements such as "heat reflective ceramic tiles" this is not taken into account"
Seems to me that a joint action in arboland would only need about 20 surveys for 90% of the properties plus a short individual visit.
I am a bit busy at the moment but it does seem to me that this could be a good earner for someone prepared to devote the time and effort organising it.

packard

Anybody know why it costs so much? What exactly do they do for what would be a weeks wages for some people.
Only a few modern houses have insulation or cavity walls, is there a "fail" level which results in another moneyspinner?
Given that a great number of modern properties have been constructed by individual builders to the same specification, is there not scope for a class action.
I would be well pleased if a purveyor of this latest imposition gave a constructive reply

gus-lopez

That is what most are quoting as a starting price for a basic property+iva.

banjodog

Can anyone tell me the cost of issuing the new energy efficiency certificate required by estate agents in order to market a property.I am back in the UK now and my agent has advised a fee of 250Euro plus tax  for this to be done by an architect in the Urcal area and am unable to research such before I pay him.Any advice would be much appreciated.