New Mayor showing his true colours ?

Started by HogRider, August 02, 2009, 14:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

judi bk

Roger have a really good summer

You certainly deserve a break after doing so much for the comunity

Roger

Do not confuse the Padron with the voting register.
It is different.
There are 680 British people on the voting register, against an estimated 2500 living here.
There are 1200 Spanish.
You have to request specifically to go on the Voting Register.
Just ask at the desk for the form (one per person, not one per household).
Easy to fill in.

BUT I would advise that when you hand it over, ask for a stamped photocopy.!!!!!!!

And you do not lose your rights to anything in the UK by being on the voting register here for local elections.

PS.
We needed a break (not that we are getting one!)
We will be back in September.

linedancer

I went to the council offices last Wednesday to have a chat with Roger and Co. but there was a note on the door saying they were closed till 2nd September for holidays.  Where do we go now?  Can't believe there are so few people on padron, everyone I know is on it, you need a padron for lots of things, i.e. buying a car etc.

rgandrg

If Mercurian is right and we had the same experience, I wonder how many Brits are on the padron? If they are not it probably means they are not paying for the basura either and that is why there are so few bins around and they are always full. Brits cannot moan about the lack of representation on the local council if they do not register to vote. There are far more Brits living in Arboleas than Spanish its time some people came out from under stones and were counted.

beckbert

Perhaps because too many expats do not to be fully registered here so that they can protect their rights back in the UK. By rights I mean keeping their UK doctor and dentist so they get cheaper trematent on the NHS also that they can return there for prescriptions. Not being fully registered here also means they can avoid tax etc.  I am sure there are a whole host of other things that could be mentioned.

Eiether way, the upshot is that they want to live here but do not want to give up their 'rights' by becoming fully registered.

Mercurian

When we first went to put our names on the padron the girl in the Town Hall asked us if we wanted to register to vote and we did it at the same time.

Roger

Make sure you are registered to VOTE, not just on the padron.
In Arboleas there are only 680 Brits registered to vote.
Why so few?

gazs

Well put across hogs and exactly what hogs is saying is the truth and very factual it sounds like we are all about to be shafted by the same mayor that some people were saying was to be our savour the only one he appears to be looking out for is the local developers who took our money in good faith and now we are going to end up paying for it While they get off scott free
Regards Gary

Mercurian

Quote from: HogRider on August 02, 2009, 15:37:37 PMI would say however all forum peeps need to check this out sooner rather than later and should quantify the truth of my post by speaking to Roger Done ! 

I thought that the advice office had closed down for August.

HogRider

Alamos

I fear these are not 'rumores' !  I have qualified comments in emails sent to me today and as the are addressed to an individual (me !) I would probably be wrong for me to publish the content of the email on the forum.  However the source is not in question and as we say down souff  'Straight from the Horses mouth' !   I would say however all forum peeps need to check this out sooner rather than later and should quantify the truth of my post by speaking to Roger Done !  It could cost us an awful lot of money that we ain't got to protect a cousins brother in law who was married to a sister's uncle !  But Sharlatons and Shysters all the same !  

I also suggest that if you haven't registered on the Empadron you should do so soonest so that you will have a political say (Vote) at the next election !  You never know an Expat may stand for Mayor and we might be able to see whats what !

Alamos

I've heard these same rumours from various sources too Hogs. We all know that the majority of the well known builders in Arboleas are on the verge of collapse, with no money to pay for the services, or even to finish some of the houses off. Yes, we all know exactly who they are...

It will come as absolutely no surprise whatsoever, when the burden for paying for these services is taken off the shoulders of these 'Poor' little Spanish builders and placed fair and squarely on the shoulders of the Brits (Or whoever bought their properties)

Don't forget that the population of Arboleas are closely linked to each other (The Spanish) everybody is someone's brother or cousin or uncle. They will stick together when the time comes as blood is thicker than water and if it's in the councils interest to shift the burden of payment from a member of their family to a member of yours, they will, mark my words when the excreta hits the fan, as is bound to happen.  :'(

HogRider

It seems that the new Mayor is now showing his true colours !  Rather than tackle the problems with some dwellings on rustic land he has proposed that ALL dwellings outside of the Arboleas town centre will no longer be on 'Urbanised' land but will be on land reclassified as 'Urbanisable' land !

Much of a problem, who knows but it has been suggested that Land owners (you me and anybody else that owns a property here, legal or not, with or without papers !) will then become responsible for payments to the council for 'infrastructure' in the Arboleas, Lights sewage, water etc etc !  You will all be aware that in the past these payments for 'infrastructure' were the responsibility of the builders/developers !

His proposal affects all buildings since 2002 apparently ! This is because the poor loves haven't got any money to do it, won't do it or no longer trading !

Now I read this piece of particular cicanery as a get out of jail free card for the sharlatons and shysters that created the problems in the first place who shall remain nameless but we know who they are don't we !

How did I come upon this little gem ?  Well we have just had a 1.2 million € project to give us water, the money being provided by those ever so nice peeps at the Junta ! And as this facility is not on line yet and one or two local  peeps is jumping up and down and asking why not, the above was revealed by Roger Done (Who's doing a great job trying to sort out the previous mess !)

Now does this affect you? Who knows but I would suggest that you get your butts down to the Council on the hurry up and find out ! Roger's the Man that knows so perhaps ask him !

And we might get this nonsensse stopped before it become a land grab ! Land grab ? Alarmist ? Not a bit of it coz if your bit of the bill is more than you can afford or indeed will afford I bet you my pension that the Spanish Law say's that they can and will move that debt onto your property ! Have you seen the cost of building a sewage treatment works or ripping up all the water pipes to replace with suitable bore piping !!!!! It ain't cheap and there ain't no special deals on Ebay !!! And yet again the local business men who should be paying or doing a stretch on the spoon at San Quentin Jail are walking away scott free !

Hogs :tiphat:

The majority of us thought that we had this sorted when we bought and now we are being treated as the cash cow to keep these thieving B*****ds rich and well fed ! I make no excuse for using starred expletives !