Legal Documents required for selling our house

Started by Bubbles, February 19, 2010, 18:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabba the cat

blueboy

I supose we could find that every solicitor in the area has a certain amount of illegals to their credit and some legal but there is no excuse.
One Spanish solicitor in England told me that it was imposible to guarentee a legal purchase in that area. :tiphat:

jabba the cat

GTG
well finally we have a name be intresting to here what he has to say as hes now been named and shamed.

blueboy

Well done GTG, a few more and these professional legal eagles may start to do their job properly.
Good luck for the future. :tiphat:

GTG

Our house in Arboleas is illegal, and we used Mario, who never once advised us that we would have any problem!

chelseaphil

Really not sure what you are on about.  No one as far as I van see has published their full advert in 'any other section' other than the Commercial section.  If they did it would be edited.

jimbo

In reply to Chelseaphil, again. I stated in my earlier post that I welcome the  geniune and honest recommendations of members on this forum and obviously that includes those from moderators as well.
However, the point that I have tried to make, and obviously have not suceeded judging by some of the posts in reply to my concerns, was, is it permissable to post a full page advert of one's services in any section or topic, where just leaving one's contact details would seem to be more appropriate. Again obviously judging from your reply, is, that this is perfectly pemissable. Very well, if these are the rules then so be it.

chelseaphil

In Reply to Jimbo, again. If an advertiser is in the commercial section he can included his contact details in his signature, he can comment on other posts, he can advise people where he feels he can help, he can offer his services in that thread if they are appropriate.  Is that sufficient an answer? 

You still have not replied to my question as to us being allowed to recommend a business or not just because we are moderators.

blueboy

It may be ok to name a good service on here but sometimes it's quite plain to see that it's just an advert by friends.
On the other hand naming a bad service can be good but all to often it's sour grapes.
What I would like to see is people naming the lawyer and agent and anybody else involved when they purchased their illegal property, as long as it's true it's not wrong is it.
It could be worded as!
my house at ------------- is illegal and I used -------------- solicitors and the agent was ----------
I must add that their service was excellent at the time :tiphat:   

tintin

I'm sure that i speak for a lot of people when I say "Jimbo get a life" The forums are very helpful and in view of the problems in the area and good reccomendation for a good tradesman or advice then the fact that the person does have a commercial interest should be secondary, you don't have to use them
Mike

racer

and you wonder why a lot of people dont dare ask or suggest something on the forum, seems a lot of forum users would fall out with there own shadows, if someone is good name them and say why, if someone is bad name them and say why, how simple can it be, get to grips for goodness sake.

jimbo

Chelseaphil, I said previously that it would be my last post but please allow me one final question and then I will get it. Can you confirm that anyone who pays for advertising on this forum can place their advert under any section, topic or thread on the forum? If you would be so kind, thankyou.

chelseaphil

Jimbo, you still do not seem to have got it.  Mario PAYS FOR ADVERTISING!! So he allowed to do so in other threads just as anyone else can.  We have always permitted recommendations to businesses from ALL members regardless as to whether the business advertiseis on the forum or not. Us moderators ONLY remove recommendations as and when it is clear that they are friends of the business. 

You have not replied to my question as to us being allowed to recommend a business or not just because we are moderators.

Your final statement makes it clear why you are against this particular recommendation.  Even though many others apart from me have recommended Mario.  Just because he works in Albox does not mean he is a dodgy solicitor as you seem to be implying. Many people here have used solicitors outside the are and have still caught a cold so doing that does not guarantee anything.

jimbo

To Chelseaphil, you and other moderators have been swift in the past to admonish members who have placed their adverts in sections other than the commercial section including those that have paid to advertise, so please don't give me that line. It does seem a little suspect for you to allow it for your personally recommended solicitor though I reiterate I have no problem with geniune and honest recommendations.

Knowall, you obviously have too much time on your hands, could I suggest you try a spot of knitting or something equally of use.

This is my last post on this subject but I would like to apologise to the post originator for detracting from the original subject and my recommendation to her would be to consult a solicitor but one well away from Albox.

chelseaphil

Jimbo, If you had cared to look at the commercial section you would have seen that Mario does indeed advertise on the forum. So it is NOT as you put a blatant free advertisement and I think that he deserves an apology for accusing him of do as much.

I assume that you consider it inappropriate for moderators to recommend anyone they have used?  Why is that?  We are allowed to voice our opinion as much as anyone else, including you.

jimbo

Knowall, have you really been trolling through my posts to find an adequate reply? If this is correct, so sad and just a little bit pathetic. However, anger has nothing to do with my original post here. Please let me state that I find no wrong in members of this forum giving geniune and honest recommendations, in fact I generally check with this forum if I am going to use someone' services that I have not had personal recommendations for. What I cannot understand and find astonishing is how Marios post is allowed to stand as a blatant free advertisement when other members have been denied this right and had their posts removed with a stern admonishment. Perhaps the years passed over here have dulled my grey cells. 

Titch

Mario dealt with the buying/selling of our Spanish car very efficiently so I can recommend him.  I can also recommend Anna for anything needed at Trafico if you don't want it to do it yourself.

I see nothing wrong with truthful recommendations.  It's hard enough to know where to go to get good service at a reasonable price. Recommendations should be a starting point and a person is free to try elsewhere.

Titch

Queen Clare Shirley

Jimbo what is your problem, he pays for advertising, he also helps people out and has helped on various occasions.

Its a recommendation and I cant see why a moderator cant recommend someone from whom has received a service

We are entitled to put forward recommendations

Clare
ILLIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived Torrevieja 5th November 1988

kaths1

I don't see why a member of Forum Admin should not be allowed to recommend services just like any other member can. I also would vouch that Mario is very helpful.

Kath

Lynne

I think you'll find that Mario pays for his advertising on this forum under the Commercial section, Insurance Companies and Lawyers.  He's therefore entitled to advertise his own company as often as he wishes.  I can also vouch for him having just made use of his facilities.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

jimbo

Because of people like you Knowall, who continually come out with smart ass comments and are too dim to see the injustice of allowing free adverising for associates of people who run the forum when it is denied to others. If you have read Marios other helpfull posts there is usually an element of self promotion in them as well, which I have no real objection to, but this is something else.

jimbo

For God's sake is this free advertising or what? Look at Marios post and also recommendation from Administrator, I give up!

Queen Clare Shirley

I can also recommend mario from Serfilas, his office is just down from Superole the old GBS, speaks english and he is very good
ILLIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived Torrevieja 5th November 1988

Bubbles

thank you both Chelseaphil and soo soo for your help

Bubbles

thank you Sheriff, very helpful, I have noted them all but as you say there might be more from December, so will check, cheers Margaret

The Sheriff ILLIA.

Bubbles,
You will need 
The Escritura for the Land & the House if they were separate,
The Certificate of Habitation,
A Certificate showing you are Paying or you are registered to pay IBI { Rates }
A Certificate of Expediente { showing there are no outstanding Fines or Denuncias lodged against the property }
Copies of recent Service Bills - Electric / Water / Basura showing all paid to date.
A Note Simple issued within the last 3 months.   

and no doubt a few more now as that was Decembers list.
Fred Sheriff.

Tip of the Day for a long life  :-  Breathe In  - Breathe Out - repeat when necessary.

soosoo

Sarah at Spanish Hideaways in Arboleas also offers this service. Dunno how much she charges but knowing her probably not much :wave

chelseaphil

Bubbles

thanks Chelseaphil for your quick reply but dont know who Mario in Albox is, could you explain more please, cheers Margaret

chelseaphil

My own suggestion is that you pop in and see Mario in Albox. He will give you all the info you need and will not charge you the earth for doing so.

Bubbles

can anyone help with above, we would like to be able to put our house on the market very soon and before we do this would like to know whether we have all the required documents needed at hand.    If not what would be the best avenue to take, the town hall, the lawyer, an estate agent?    Would really welcome help with this

Regards Margaret