Headliner for car

Started by cheekyseranos, October 31, 2012, 17:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roboman

Hi Debz bought the material from the upholstery workshop just below the Cucador turn off on the main road rhs where speedy fit are and a new rastro i noticed as i was leaving, only cost 12 euros. To do the job properly yo have to remove the headlining board , usually just held in place by sun blinds , grab handles and plastic trim . Once the old board is out be carefull as they are usually made from compressed cardboard or similar, you have to remove all the old foam, usually turned into powder, the reason for the material turning into curtains. If you need any more help let me know, Regards Rob
Illegitimi non carbonundrum

cheekyseranos

Hi thanks for your replies.,

Rob, I have an opel vectra., made a right mess of it I have., cut it thinking i could fix it and its 100 times worse now., boo hoo., hate getting into my lovely motor now, also taller people keep getting their heads wafted with it., not a problem for me when in the passenger seat, cos im a little shortass.....

so where did you buy the headliner material then Rob., and yeh been looking at the adhesive., looked on ebay, has to be some sort of heat resistant doesn't it....

speak soon
Debz
Ay up cocker, what's occuring? Life's Lush ain't it

ColinC

Mark at autoshine body repairs is the best bloke to ask..no doubt he can sort it for you...

Colin

duds

you need a contact adhesive its called dunlop 1358 its like evo stick but can withstand high temps
you also need a dispenser that looks like an oil can but with a brush instead of a spout .
Duds

roboman

Hi i,m just in the process of doing mine, bought the material now im trying to find the adhesive, you need to use the correct type of contact adhesive and use it correctly , what vehicle have you got, Rob
Illegitimi non carbonundrum

cheekyseranos

hi there,

im looking for some headliner matierial, to replace mine on the interior of the car roof, or if someone knows someone who can fit one....

put this on the car section too, and thought maybe better here

regards
Debz
Ay up cocker, what's occuring? Life's Lush ain't it