Racist attacks

Started by Rod, July 25, 2016, 07:14:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hartcjhart

Quote from: Iceman on July 26, 2016, 09:09:09 AM
It would seem that all those who voted to leave have forgotten the word of the main leave campaigner  EMIGITION  was their was their main cry SO how can you trust them when they told so many lie's  WE WILL GIVE THE  £350 MIL NOT TO THE EU BUT TO THE NHS THAT WAS BEFORE THE VOTE, now it is a different story they have had to admit that it was not £350 mil  after all and they will not give it to the NHS, but still the main theme was to get rid of all the emigrants even if the economy sufferers the £ to € before  the vote was £1 to 1.41 Euros now only 1.19 a devaluation of the £ by 15% Investment in industries down by 47% figures from the ONS next will be jobs there is already a lot of company's not recruiting or investing as they are unsure of the future, well done leave voters how to destroy a country and create disunity at one stroke .
errmmm, I think you turned left instead of right

webejamin

I suppose the kind of thing going on in rouen today is not counted as a hate crime >:(

ajc

What has all that got to do with rascist attacks or is this
A post regarding finances ,

Iceman

It would seem that all those who voted to leave have forgotten the word of the main leave campaigner  EMIGITION  was their was their main cry SO how can you trust them when they told so many lie's  WE WILL GIVE THE  £350 MIL NOT TO THE EU BUT TO THE NHS THAT WAS BEFORE THE VOTE, now it is a different story they have had to admit that it was not £350 mil  after all and they will not give it to the NHS, but still the main theme was to get rid of all the emigrants even if the economy sufferers the £ to € before  the vote was £1 to 1.41 Euros now only 1.19 a devaluation of the £ by 15% Investment in industries down by 47% figures from the ONS next will be jobs there is already a lot of company's not recruiting or investing as they are unsure of the future, well done leave voters how to destroy a country and create disunity at one stroke .

NorrieM

Thanks Hogsy - and to your folks.!

webejamin

Don't fink Jocks fumpin English blokes in the pub count, or the other way round :wink: 

NorrieM

In view of the other current thread "Scotland", where the folks from there have been badly put down by Anglophiles - how many of these racist attacks happened in Scotland, and how many happened in England, pray tell?

You see, as a member of that 8% "pandered to" minority, I'd like your opinion - preferably backed up by fact.

Just a thought, When my Dad floundered through the mud at Passchendale and Beaumont Hamel, I wondered  if he knew he was being pandered to?

webejamin

Quote from: ladyboyg1 on July 25, 2016, 16:15:40 PM
I think that kids just see people for what they are , they probably don't even give a thought to skin colour, it's just us old gits that still have the hangups  :tiphat:
No different to meself, I just see people for what they are, without the hangup's just learned which one's bite or not. :tiphat:

ladyboyg1

I think that kids just see people for what they are , they probably don't even give a thought to skin colour, it's just us old gits that still have the hangups  :tiphat:

webejamin

Well I probably am racist to a degree, according to the pc brigade, but I do have loadsa mates and acquaintances that are all shades, most of them are far more "racist" than I ever could be. Many of them have taught their kids to be racist, I never did, neither did my dad. When I see my Grandson with his mates from school, I know he's learning from experience, he doesn't need telling what's what. :tiphat:   

ladyboyg1

Quote from: webejamin on July 25, 2016, 15:16:19 PM
I don't know anyone that's been influenced by any media on the subject of racism, or phobias, we learn what we like or don't like by just living in this world. I know loadsa saintly people that wouldn't go somewhere, or get on a bus or train, simply because they're frightened to. If you asked them why, the answer would be deemed racist.
In some walks of life, it's pure common sense to recognise what might be likely to hurt you, or make you feel unsafe, or even just plain uncomfortable. :tiphat:  

I think everyone is influenced one way or another by what is around them that is human nature , we are not the free thinking individuals we would like to believe.
Children are influenced by their parents etc, we are all influenced by what we see and hear (including the media).

Back in the day TV programmes had a greater influence than they do now and we were fed on the  likes of  , Love thy neighbour / Curry and Chips / To Death us do part etc.
Now some may say that these programmes attempted to poke fun at peoples narrow minded prejudices, however for the majority they simply reinforced the racial / sexual attitudes of the time , and people would laugh with the characters rather than at them.
I am not proud of it , but I admit that I am not as tolerant as I should be towards other races......it's the admitting that most cannot come to terms with.
Generally people will say 'I'm not racist as I have black friends etc', which I find very odd.

webejamin

I don't know anyone that's been influenced by any media on the subject of racism, or phobias, we learn what we like or don't like by just living in this world. I know loadsa saintly people that wouldn't go somewhere, or get on a bus or train, simply because they're frightened to. If you asked them why, the answer would be deemed racist.
In some walks of life, it's pure common sense to recognise what might be likely to hurt you, or make you feel unsafe, or even just plain uncomfortable. :tiphat:   

ladyboyg1

Quote from: nibbler on July 25, 2016, 14:01:30 PM
In the 60/70s the UK was a very tolerant and open minded country. Over the years more and more INTOLERANT races have entered the country and because of their actions and teachings the British people have over the years built up a more narrow minded attitude. Is it surprising when a muslim cleric can preach death and destruction on the streets of London and the authorities do nothing,  but when an Englishman tries to defend himself or preach Christian values it is considered racist.
If the law was fairer to all then there wouldn't be a problem.
I know my attitudes have changed over the years and I am far less tolerant than I used to be.
If that makes me a racist then so be be it.
Nibbler :tiphat:

Not sure that too many blacks/ Pakistani / gay people would agree .
Growing up I found that Britian was an inherently racist/ homophobic  society, not necessarily the individual people but society as whole was.
You only have to look at the stuff we were exposed to on TV during those decades.
I think everyone has become less tolerant now due to the incessant flood of biased media (on all sides) it becomes harder and harder to distinguish between truth and fiction.

guest14507

Mowilliams. Did you actually read my post.
In my post I made no mention of "non- Christians" or the UK, why have you?
Why is it "racist" to hate the larger group of people who, by their silence and complete inactivity seem to condone the "smaller" groups actions.
You say "throughout history the Europeans have committed vast numbers of racist crimes in the name of the Christian religion". Are you saying that the killing that is happening now is ok because Christians did the same hundreds of years ago and they deserve it?
Why is the comparison with Germany and Japan to what is happening now stupid? Didn't the Germans especially, try to wipe out several different races of people to create their own "master race"?
Your reference to Breivik is totally illogical because it was the majority of Norwegians that were appalled by what he did, and said so, and put him behind bars. Do you see or hear anything from the majority of the people who are the same race/religion as the "small number" of people committing these
"actions that are unacceptable"?
If out of 2.8 million people in a country only 0.1% are capable of these unacceptable actions that means that 2800 people are capable, do you consider that a "small number"?

Monkee

nibbler

In the 60/70s the UK was a very tolerant and open minded country. Over the years more and more INTOLERANT races have entered the country and because of their actions and teachings the British people have over the years built up a more narrow minded attitude. Is it surprising when a muslim cleric can preach death and destruction on the streets of London and the authorities do nothing,  but when an Englishman tries to defend himself or preach Christian values it is considered racist.
If the law was fairer to all then there wouldn't be a problem.
I know my attitudes have changed over the years and I am far less tolerant than I used to be.
If that makes me a racist then so be be it.
Nibbler :tiphat:

Cheese

Can someone please explain to me exactly what is a racist.
Thanks
Dave

roboman

I have lived and worked in many different countries in Europe, the middle east and spent a lot of time in India and Sri Lanka so I feel quite qualified to have gained a valid opinion having come into contact with many races, creeds and religions. The common denominator regarding hatred of other people is religion and the bad apple in the barrel is the muslim. Their holy book the Koran is a vile piece of work and is what makes them act the way they do, while they adhere to it there will never be peace on this planet wherever they are. Before anyone labels me as a racist some of my closest friends are Punjabi Indians and I am in no position to be racist, these are facts, if anyone is in any doubt I would welcome your opinion.  
Illegitimi non carbonundrum

zilnor

JoJo,    :clap: :clap:
I agree with every word of this post. Very well put.   :tiphat:

Jo-JoB

This is not a race issue, and to encompass it within a racist agenda is wrong.

This is a humanitarian issue, When a group of people decide that in order to pursue their objective of making the world the way they want it, justify murder, rape, torture, destruction and hate.

Then the religion, race, colour, creed, sexuality cards get thrown out of the window, as they no longer apply!

These people are not just against other religions, (even their own), they are against everything that society stands for! Freedom is the last bastion for the human race, it covers every race, every colour, every creed and sexuality.

This is not a desire to make the world Muslim, it's a desire to destroy, life, love, history, literature, art, liberty, freedom of thought and freedom of expression.

The World needs to stop sugar coating this despicable ideology, and stop giving it a modicum of respectability by colouring it with religion or racism.

Radical Islam is out to destroy everything a modern society stands for, everything that countries, and individuals have fought so hard for. Everything modern society holds as important is hated by ISIS.

You cannot reason with, discus, debate or argue with ISIS. They only understand destruction

The comment regarding the Nazi's, although somewhat cliché. Is not too far from the mark, look back at history. The Nazi party, did many things that Radical Muslims do now.

They were not in control at the beginning, with only a small minority who claimed to be Nazi's, They murdered those within Germany who were against them, and created fear for those who apposed them. They trained their young to hate, they slowly gained power and political status, the invaded small tracts of land in the beginning, claiming the indigenous people wanted them there.

The parallels are there if you chose to see them.

The world needs rid of Radical Islam.

Trebmal

No one is born a racists sexist homophobe. We learn all This bad behaviour from family, our peers through work media and religion.

Some people suggest 'low life's' I tend to find as a professional there are many racists from all walks of life, some just don't go out in the streets with a can of redbul or monster drink and want to upload thre abuse on youvtube

We all need to respect we all have a right to be here, there may be many skin colours but we are all from the human race, just because someone had a lighter or darker coloured skin does t make them any better than anyone else

We all have qualities, remember we are what we learn and we can change what we've learned too...

Tetley

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

mowilliams143

El Presidente None of the Above  Do you know any Christians

Tetley

Sadly when you give "a cause",especially when its state run as the Reffo was if fires up the festering issues,

for years the UK  has been a divided nation,between the "highly bank borrowed "and the folks that have to earn a crust at the bottom end on the" borrowed" to survive

,basikly there are just to many folks on the Island,wich Powell Saw un folding in the 1960,s,infact the EU is were Powell said the UK would be Now all those years Ago,ie blood on the streets.

the UK  is still a great place,unless your in a 1 bed with a crack head next door in a downtown tower block,but the reffo has certainly fired the job up,and that mi dears is down to Camron and his crap political judenent the only problem now is im not holding out mutch hope with May either,even with her Thatacher acting lessons for the house & Camras.

:wave:   :outtahere:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

mowilliams143

junepeter So you are lumping all non christians in the UK together as killers.
YES it is racist to hate a group of people because a small number of that group carry out actions which are unaceptable to the vast majority of people no matter what creed.
Through out history the Europeans have committed vast numbers of racist crimes in the name of Chrstian Religion.
Your link to Hitler and the Japanese is so stupid it is not worth a reply.
On your logic Anders Behring Breivik is from a minority group so I assume it is OK to hate all Norwegians.

guest14507

Is it racism to "hate" a group of people that are intent on killing other humans simply because they do not conform to their religion?
Were the governments of the rest of the world "racist" because the went to war with the Germans/Japanese and Italians in two world wars?
In my opinion the word "racist" is used by people who think that when other human beings kill someone from another country you shouldn't fight back you should ignore it and hope it goes away, if you fight back you are a "racist".

Greggers

Webe, I totally agree. The massive and disproportionate numbers of foreign prisoners in UK jails (23% in high security prisons alone) is one factor that fuels this. 

webejamin

Have to agree with you on that Mo. :clap: Where I come from, I don't remember any real racism as such as a youngster, but over the last 40 years or so it has developed quite a bit. There are places where you would definitely not be welcome, you would be threatened with violence, or be beaten up at the drop of a hat just for being there.
Integration, or lack of it is behind it all I think, same with education, many schools are breeding grounds for racism. :tiphat:

mowilliams143

I do not think racism has changed in the UK post Brexit. It was and is always there.
What happened is that Brexit made it a big issue and people do not feel the need to supress their atitude.
The sooner people face up to the fact that Britain is a racist society the better it will be deltwith.
Laws do not change attitudes, education,intigration and equallyity of opportunity  do.
It is a shame the UK lacks so many of these.

zilnor

These figures are shameful and the perpetrators should receive harsh penalties.  But I would imagine that the majority of people who do this are  the "low life " members of society, who use any excuse to rail against their own inadequancies and lack of initiative to try and improve their situation. According to the media ( no I don't believe everything I read ) some workers are totally fed up with immigrants taking jobs at less wages than the minimum wage. Etc etc.
However dreadful racism is,  6000 racist attacks are a very very tiny proportion of the 1.7 million who voted to leave. So I don't think the UK is any more racist that France, Spain or Italy etc etc. According to one report, 200 Jews recently left Paris due to fears of racial attacks.
A bomber has blown himself up in Ansbach , Germany. According to the Germans, he was a refugee from Syria who had been refused asylum, but had been allowed to stay in the country. Nice way to treat your host country, injuring other people.

mowilliams143

This is an excellent article as are the ones linked to it.
These are not just propaganda but are issued by a well respected German broadcaster and every concerned remainer and those brexiters who realise they were wrong should read. There is no point in Brexiters reading the article as they will never accept the comments contained in " this lefty publication"

Iceman

Well it now seems OK to be a racist after all there are now 17,000.000 registered racist  and not all in the UK

Rod

Over 6000 racist violence incidents in the month since brexit, a 20% increase in the same period last year. Is the UK turning into a nation that hates? Have we really got brexit to thank for that? Or is it just a sign of the times?
http://www.dw.com/en/british-police-report-over-6000-hate-crimes-in-month-since-brexit-vote/a-19421653