Quickest way to get letter to UK?

Started by Chumbagal, November 23, 2012, 16:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CT

No-one has yet mentioned how letters coming via Correos get mysteriously ''opened'' and items disappear.

Lorraine

We used Colin this year to send two Advent Calendars to the UK - it was cheaper to send two via Colin, than send one via the correos.

ColinC

Quote from: CT on November 24, 2012, 10:06:24 AM
Couple of years ago I sent a birthday card via Correos to son in UK. He never received it. One year later to the day it was delivered back to our post box ! Since then have been using Colin the Card.

Thank you CT for your faith! What we all must bear in mind is that whether you are using Correos or a courier service they all go through Royal Mail (unless it is a parcel then it may differ) when your letter / card is sent to the UK and with the best will in the world things can go wrong! Judging by the amount of mail we send and the comments we get from our customers ours seems to be more reliable, there again you expect me to say that!

As far as costs go, Correos is only cheaper on their standardised mail up to 20 grammes which is not a lot! Correos charge is 70c for this rate and the letter has both minimum and maximum sizes else the charge goes up to 1.35e
I tried to insert a table on here to help compare the costs but it dosen't want to transpose in the same format!

Correos rates have huge jumps between the weight bands which can make packets sent through correos really expensive, for example if you have a packet that weighs 1002 grammes the price jumps from 12.25e to 19.80e as, unlike Royal Mail there are no intermediate bands, the same parcel through us would be 16.15e

Anyway, anyone can go on the correos web site at correos.es and choose English, then by all means pop in or call us and we will give you a quote..
You pays your money and takes your choice as the saying goes!

Colin

Babyboomer

Quote from: awaywiththefairies on November 24, 2012, 12:37:11 PM
We ordered cat and dog food, One large bag of dog, two large whiskers cat biscuits.  "Sorry we have have had to substitute your order as we do not have the product you requested in stock" said Tesco....result three bags dog food!!!? Cats not impressed.  Have you ever tried to feed three fussy cats dog biscuits ::)
Two of our seven yes seven cats loves the dogs food!!!!  :notopic:
Mark Drew email:mark1drew at gmail.com El Prado, Arboleas.

awaywiththefairies

We ordered cat and dog food, One large bag of dog, two large whiskers cat biscuits.  "Sorry we have have had to substitute your order as we do not have the product you requested in stock" said Tesco....result three bags dog food!!!? Cats not impressed.  Have you ever tried to feed three fussy cats dog biscuits ::)

musicdonna

Your comment about Tesco´s made me laugh.  We stopped using them when they substituted honey with Gravy granules!!

Donna

CT

Couple of years ago I sent a birthday card via Correos to son in UK. He never received it. One year later to the day it was delivered back to our post box ! Since then have been using Colin the Card.

Optomist

Ours have often been delivered to addresses in the UK after being posted here within 2 days but we allow 3 days and that always sufficient . Cant understand why letters posted within the UK normally take as long or longer than being posted from here , dont make sense .
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

ickybod

Have had most of my letters delivered in the UK in 48 hours using correos

ColinC

Quote from: Babyboomer on November 23, 2012, 16:52:15 PM
Via Colin the Card (outside Longo's) before 1pm and it is taken to UK for mailing the following day.
Although the Royal Mail leave a lot to be desired on ocassions - I sent a birthday card last Monday via
Colin the Card and it arrived back in my Spanish postbox today - the Royal Mail sent it to the return address.

Words fail me but when I told my brother-in-law he topped it by saying Tesco's had just delivered 48 toilet rolls instead of the 48 bread rolls he had ordered!!!
The sandwiches they are having must be s**t  :lol:  :lol:   :head

I'll apologise on behalf of Royal Mail!! Dozey so and so's.. For future it is best if you do want to put a return address label on it should be on the rear and clearly marked as such and in much smaller writing than the delivery address, if that doesn't work then I don't know what to suggest.

All the best,

Colin

Chumbagal

Thks for your replies. Glad we don't have Tescos home delivery :lol:

Babyboomer

Via Colin the Card (outside Longo's) before 1pm and it is taken to UK for mailing the following day.
Although the Royal Mail leave a lot to be desired on ocassions - I sent a birthday card last Monday via
Colin the Card and it arrived back in my Spanish postbox today - the Royal Mail sent it to the return address.

Words fail me but when I told my brother-in-law he topped it by saying Tesco's had just delivered 48 toilet rolls instead of the 48 bread rolls he had ordered!!!
The sandwiches they are having must be s**t  :lol:  :lol:   :head
Mark Drew email:mark1drew at gmail.com El Prado, Arboleas.

Optomist

Yes Spanish Post Office without a doubt , cheapest and quickest , 10 years without a single letter going astray .
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

alansue

I always use the Spanish post office and find it very quick. Sue.

Chumbagal

Does anyone know the quickest way to get a letter to the UK?