Main Menu

F1 grand prix

Started by lmj52, March 19, 2016, 13:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunedin

Quote from: lmj52 on September 01, 2021, 15:55:30 PM
Rumours are starting, Kimi Raikkonen retiring, Valteri Bottas to replace him. George Russell to Mercedes

I understood that Bottas replacement with Russel had been sorted before the last race. Didn't know about Kimi.

lmj52

Rumours are starting, Kimi Raikkonen retiring, Valteri Bottas to replace him. George Russell to Mercedes
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Dunedin

New rules are to be introduced after the farce at Spa where the cars did 2 laps in the rain behind the safety car before making the decision that the race was over and the results would be based in the positions on the grid before the start of the race. 🙄🙄

lmj52

A fantastic lap by Russell qualifying second
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Dunedin

Over at Spa, Bottas was quickest in first practice followed by Verstappen while Hamilton was stuck behind a slower car on his best lap.
In second practice session after setting his quickest lap Verstappen crashed his car into a wall casing the session to be ended prematurely.
Verstappen is on his third and final power unit before recieving penalties.

Dunedin

Hamilton has had his lead extended and put into 2nd place after Vettel was disqualified for a fuel infringement.

Angleseyite

Quote from: joanie on August 02, 2021, 13:44:21 PM
Great drive by Alonso
And Vettel, if these two had better cars they would still be in the mix.

joanie

Great drive by Alonso

Old Pedro

I see Lewis is fearing he may be suffering from long term Covid?

Dunedin

What an exciting race with all the ups and downs involved. You just couldn't have expected a race like that.
On the podium was the winner Ocon followed by Vettel and Hamilton. 😎
Hamilton is back in front in the standings. 😀

Dunedin

Hamilton on pole for tomorrow's race followed by teamate Bottas then Max Verstappen on the second row. 😎

Dunedin

Second practice has Bottas with the quickest time followed by Hamilton,  Verstappen, Ocon and Perez.

Angleseyite

Quote from: Dunedin on July 30, 2021, 13:38:24 PM
Quote from: Angleseyite on July 29, 2021, 12:34:41 PM
Quote from: Dunedin on July 29, 2021, 11:18:26 AM
Max still bellyaching about Lewis cutting the bend and wants another investigation. When he came in to F1 he regularly cut up Kimi with similar moves causing the stewards to warn him off. 😎
That's old news Dunders, but
Can't blame him it cost him dear...

The officials have rejected Red Bulls reassessment of the penalty given to Hamilton.
I think that's the correct decision too

Dunedin

Verstappen put the quickest time in first practice at the Hungarian GP. He was followed by Bottas., Hamilton, Sainz and Gasly. 😎

Dunedin

Quote from: Angleseyite on July 29, 2021, 12:34:41 PM
Max still bellyaching about Lewis cutting the bend and wants another investigation. When he came in to F1 he regularly cut up Kimi with similar moves causing the stewards to warn him off. 😎

The officials have rejected Red Bulls reassessment of the penalty given to Hamilton.

Angleseyite

Dunedin

Dunedin

Quote from: byrney on July 19, 2021, 17:52:17 PM
And Angleseyite, does it really matter if he was right or wrong? Far more important things to be annoyed about. Have a wine or a beer mate and chill. Cheers.

He is like a dog with a bone. 😅

byrney

Angleseyite

Not annoyed at all Byrns, and funnily enough I am having a chilled beer :grin: Cheers  :grin:

byrney

And Angleseyite, does it really matter if he was right or wrong? Far more important things to be annoyed about. Have a wine or a beer mate and chill. Cheers.

Angleseyite

Quote from: Dunedin on July 19, 2021, 16:27:32 PM
Is that like when some sailor said the world was flat. 😄😄

Dunders, why do you find it so difficult to say what you published about Hammy having the fastest lap is incorrect?? as for the sailors, you're welcome to them :grin:

Dunedin

Is that like when some sailor said the world was flat. 😄😄

lmj52

Quote from: Angleseyite on July 19, 2021, 15:27:10 PM
So that's taking responsibility for posting incorrect info :grin: :grin:

:grin: :grin:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Angleseyite

So that's taking responsibility for posting incorrect info :grin: :grin:

Dunedin

Quote from: Angleseyite on July 19, 2021, 14:30:07 PM
took it from the commentary statement made by David Couthard at the end of the race. 😎 Report him to C4.

Ah, right so you're blaming Couthard for you putting incorrect info on the forum, because you didn't check it was right :kiss:

Not really. When the race finished and he said Lewis had reduced the points between himself and Max and gained an extra point from having the fastest lap time, I switched off. Check it out, if you know how. 😆😆

Angleseyite

took it from the commentary statement made by David Couthard at the end of the race. 😎 Report him to C4.

Ah, right so you're blaming Couthard for you putting incorrect info on the forum, because you didn't check it was right :kiss:

Dunedin

Quote from: Angleseyite on July 19, 2021, 08:40:55 AM
Quote from: Lynne on July 19, 2021, 07:42:23 AM
Sergio Perez  -  Lap 50  -  1:28.517
Lewis Hamilton  -  Lap 45  -  1:29.699
Pierre Gasly  -  Lap 52  -  1:30.266
[/quote

I took it from the commentary statement made by David Couthard at the end of the race. 😎 Report him to C4. 😅

Thought I was correct, cheers Lynn and IMJ
I'm sure Dunders  will be along to admit he got it wrong again :grin: or maybe not!!! :shocked: :grin: :grin:

Angleseyite

Quote from: Lynne on July 19, 2021, 07:42:23 AM
[/quote

Thought I was correct, cheers Lynn and IMJ
I'm sure Dunders  will be along to admit he got it wrong again :grin: or maybe not!!! :shocked: :grin: :grin:

Lynne

You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

lmj52

Hamilton didn’t get fastest lap point. Perez fastest lap but no point, as outside the top ten, just prevented Hamilton getting the extra point. Red bull threw their toys out of the pram because Vestappen was pushed off. Ooops.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Angleseyite

Quote from: Dunedin on July 18, 2021, 17:06:15 PM
The best race for years. Hamilton wins after a battle against the clock after recieving a penalty on the first lap via a coming together with Vestappen. He has closed the gap on his rival to almost nothing. He also took the point for the fastest lap. 😀

Great race, but I thought Perez  (Red bull) got the fastest lap??? :shocked:

Dunedin

The best race for years. Hamilton wins after a battle against the clock after recieving a penalty on the first lap via a coming together with Vestappen. He has closed the gap on his rival to almost nothing. He also took the point for the fastest lap. 😀

Dunedin

The new rules have started where only 1 practice before the start of qualifying tomorrow and Verstappen the quickest so far followed by Lando Norris, Hamilton, Leclerc in 4th followed.by Bottas. 🤔

Lewis responds quicker than Max on the last session before tomorrow's sprint. So Lewis and Max side by side on the grid for tomorrow. 😀

Dunedin

This weekend will be interesting as Lewis is on his home track. 😎