Main Menu

AC/DC

Started by owdoggy, March 27, 2018, 14:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

Quote from: lord lucan on September 03, 2018, 18:15:51 PM
Hola,

Watched the whole Las Vegas show last night at Harleys Bar, great sound for the nuetrals, no soundman mixing for them, volume was just right and good quality.

Very versatile crew too, check out the keyboard player in particular.

Looking forward to checking out "Essencial" and "Electric Alley" too.

L L.

we were there last night for the last hour,the acdc vocal is good,however for me i prefare the essential sound set up,ie acuistic drums and
valve guitar amps  with mac bass but for me nothing  comes close to electric alley, they rely are the real deal,only problem is.....its all there own stuff ie no covers so its mainly late night old gray whistle test type venues (wich i luv and travel to  :wink: )
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

lord lucan

Hola,

Watched the whole Las Vegas show last night at Harleys Bar, great sound for the nuetrals, no soundman mixing for them, volume was just right and good quality.

Very versatile crew too, check out the keyboard player in particular.

Looking forward to checking out "Essencial" and "Electric Alley" too.

L L.

owdoggy

It's always been like that though, back in the 80's, just after we released our second album our manager said that we had to move down the smoke if we wanted to get any further because good gigs for original material bands were hard to come by and we had to travel all over the country to get them. As we all had decent daytime jobs and commitments we didn't make the move and the rest is history. Do I regret it now? No because music would have become work and not a hobby.

Kings Lynn was the worst for me, great gig but cack journey from our native north east. I don't know about now but dual carriageways were at a premium in E. Anglia in those days :grin:

Doggy

Tetley

Well to me at the mo that are probably the best non famous....out there band are Electric Alley they played Mojacar 2 weeks ago and in my veiw nothing comes close,its all valve amp,percussion raw defiantly the real deal,that right there own stuff,sadly ive seen more punters at a covers band gigg/tribute act wich does kind of sum up the bxllocks of the music lark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I8_riYGMxc&list=PLsKr20T4RuXfHSQRymOPfgcbTuBpLXmx7  enjoy  :smiley:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

lord lucan

Hola,

I hope that I don't have a favourite as such, it's good to know that the standard of live performance is on the way up.

I can remember somebody having a go a little while back with reference to standards on the forum.

Can't stop, keep rockin'

L L.

Tetley

Quote from: lord lucan on August 08, 2018, 14:43:20 PM
Hola Owdoggy,

Wondered if you've seen the band Las Vegas playing live, they were in Harley's last sunday?

L L

My kid saw them said the singer was the real deal for the AC/DC Stuff the only thing for me is ( ive only heard seen youtube links ) is the sound is a bit digital ie electric drums & rack mount guitar gizmos as i like valve amps,acuistic drums and mack bass amps,but everybody i talk to say there the best band currently on the local circuit wich is good.

lord lucan

Hola Owdoggy,

Wondered if you've seen the band Las Vegas playing live, they were in Harley's last sunday?

L L

brf

That Angus can play a bit!!!      :You_Rock_Emoticon:   :PDT_Armataz_01_37:

owdoggy

Goin' back a bit but why not, it's still brilliant. (Any Darby & Joans out there do not click the link ........ damage may occur  )

https://youtu.be/ErXbMB9R5-0

Bangin'!

Doggy