Internet Providers and equipment

Started by rt21, April 29, 2017, 17:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKB

We may know a very good and reliable company that could help you.  Please pm with location and contact details.

rt21

Many thanks for all of your replies.

Richard

BobL

I have to agree with Dave. We see lots of negative comments about Albox on line. We are with Telplay but then we prefer Spanish Companies, apart from Richard Miller. Telplay is on www and have a range of contracts available. Cannot fault them. Offices in Albox & Puerto Lumbreras.
Best of luck,  BobL

Dave S

It might be a good idea to check with your neighbours as to who is their provider. Albox on line is not the most reliable particularly if you get a problem. Even worse if it occurs at the week end.

Annastasia

Richard try Albox on line I know they are in your area

rt21

Hi

Thank you for your responses.

I should have mentioned that my house is well outside the Arboleas area (some 50 kilometres north)

Richard

KJH3

Out here it does not matter what super duper equipment you have, it's all down to the Internet.  It's said that arboleas town hall Internet is good, I cannot confirm, but if you're not in there catchment area then you are like the rest of us reliant on other providers some, I say some of whom could not give a hoot about service but are happy to take your money.

Karen4

Even though you may be outside Arboleas town area, do you mean you will be outside the whole catchment area? If you come under Arboleas, ie you pay IBI, car tax etc to Arboleas, then I'd recommend the town hall internet system.
Cl3880

rt21

Hi

I am thinking of having an internet service installed at my house (a few miles outside of the Arboleas area) so that I can surf the web and my wife can access television programmes.

We have a super duper smart television set in the UK with apps to access Netflix etc, which means my wife just plugs it into the internet and she can readily access Netflix and other sources fairly easily.
Alas our television set in Spain is not that advanced so I am seeking advice on what equipment we would need to access Netflix in Spain and what download speed would we need.

Can anyone also recommend any internet providers.

Many thanks

PM me if you wish