kindle

Started by Nicola, July 23, 2017, 12:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicola

Hi thanks for all the replies.

Have calibre as have always used it, but for some reason it wont put the books on the new kindle, shall give it another try.
:c017:

steveconway24

Download "Calibre" onto your computer.
Put your books into the Calibre library
Plug your Kindle into the computer
Calibre will sort it.

twojaysalmeria

Pennydot - I have to diasagree. I recently bought a new paperwhite and have transferred hundreds of books from my PC extrenal HD with no problem. Perhaps it was because I chose not to register with Amazon as I have upwards of 20K books already on the HD? That's courtesy of a school account a couple of years back, BTW.

J

Pennydot

You will only be able to get books you have bought from Amazon onto your Kindle.  Any others will not transfer onto the new ones.  Fortunately mine is so old I can still see all the ones I didn't get from Amazon!  :19:

sparkiemike

I have my kindle & kindle app on my ipad, iphone, laptop & desk top

so don't matter when or when I am I have access to my library which is on my cloud

Mike
Rules are made for the obeyance of fools & the guidance of wise men

Karen4

If you go into the "manage my kindle" section of your account and then into the chat/help bit, they will talk you through how to transfer all the books from the ether onto your new kindle!
Cl3880

dude

Check where your books are going in your Kindle. I've always put them into the document folder in the Kindle.

luke

hi i have kindle never use it,so its like new if your interested,

Nicola

Hi guys, some advice please, old kindle finally packed up, dropped once too often while dozing off on a sun lounger!  Ordered a new one, just the basic one, but I can not get all the books from my computer to the new kindle, has the process changed or do I need to do something different? 

Thanks in advance.
:c017: