This one's for Tets...

Started by twojaysalmeria, October 01, 2018, 19:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owdoggy

Quote from: twojaysalmeria on October 01, 2018, 19:42:55 PM
I like this channel a lot BUT this vid features my first real bike, the Kwacker Z1. Used to run from the Peak District to London as a commute on it, on an empty M1 at silly o'clock. Crikey, it could shift!!

J

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW4_YZ3Skh0

Strewth, that takes me back a bit ...... and snap! I had a 1975 Kawa Z1B. I got me mate to paint it a manky green, put Mick Grant mag wheels & adjustable bars (first saw them on a Jota) on it then stuck a Campbell Geometric four into a bucket exhaust on it (no noise regs in them days) so our lass could hear it from miles away & get the kettle on. :))

Mad days

Doggy

Tetley

yes thi oni thing is with em,the kick start pawls were a bit weak and could be a pain,ive still got a t120 pre unit in the uk,but its not in the same legue for me as the commando 750 for comfort,sound,and handling.

ive got some vids to transfer when i get a min wich il put up at some point,there is a good one of my kid  ( Danny the guitarist ) aged abought 5 and were bobbing abought in a 1915 Ariel and side car.... happy days .

im still after a 70,s iron head but its probably going to be un registerable this end with all the bxllocks

hey ho..
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

twojaysalmeria

Ohhhh.....started first kick! Lovely sound,too.

J

Tetley

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Tetley

i built a K1  CB 750 best colour candy red ( as per the link ) but it was a bit like riding a single bed,my cb 500t 1977 was a lot more agile,i still miss my 71 comando as the bonnies for me never rely came close.

i still enjoy riding my GPX  600 R this end tho ie yer can soon get up to 170 kph on the way to the ITV  centre.....infact last time i went passed the turn off and ended up in some strange place called Cantoria... :))

( im still looking for an early 70,s HD Irone head to spanner and paint but this registration and irritation like looks quite troublsome on the older stuff hey ho il just have to make do with you tube for now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8W1wmmBQOE  )

Angleseyite

My older brother would say "Jap crap" as they blew his Velo Venom into the grass, but for me they were the 70's motorcycles, even pasting my 1970 Bonnie.. Great vid..  :grin:

twojaysalmeria

I like this channel a lot BUT this vid features my first real bike, the Kwacker Z1. Used to run from the Peak District to London as a commute on it, on an empty M1 at silly o'clock. Crikey, it could shift!!

J

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW4_YZ3Skh0