Alarm Systems?

Started by samspade, December 07, 2008, 12:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andie

ive got a progaurd wireless,every thing,is on censors,car,van,shed,house,panic buttons on key fob ,rings us up if it goes off,325 e

my next doors have alarms as well,one night the  strobe started flashing,the policeman saw it,came to our house,and we walked around the house to check every thing was ok,not a mention of a find,he also seid that if he hadent of seen the strobe light he wouldent have stopped.

if you have a box up,i would think it decreases your chances of getting turned over,and if you havent got a box up it may increase your chances of getting turned over,if you do fit a box ,you have the option to turn it on or off,if you dont fit you dont have the option.  S

Lin Caine

Hi Sam whether its an ACOUSTIC alarm or a silent one ALL alarms have to have a representative. The Police or Gardia will give an hefty fine for those who don't comply. As Long as you neighbours comply than its ok

samspade

Thanks Brian. Thats the info I have. There is a fine involved for illegal alarms (ammount unknown). Also it is breaking Environment Laws (noise pollution).

Brian

If its not connected to a call centre its illegal.

olly

As far as I know, if you install a house alarm in Spain you must register it with the local Police station. It must be of the self cancelling type, ( 20 minutes max duration, ) and there should be a secondary keyholder ( a neighbour?) in your absence. Also, if there has been a break in, you need a signed declaration that the keyholder is allowed access to your property. Without this, the Police won`t go near the place. A neighbourhood watch member may be able to clarify or update this. Hope it helps as alarms going off are a real pain in the rectum! If your getting a lot of this, have you had a word with the people who`s alarms are causing the trouble? If you hav`nt then they may not know it`s happening. Worth trying!
If your not meant to have midnight snacks, why do they put a light in fridges?
                        Pete. Oliver.

knowall

I don't know whether or not they are legal.
I do know that there are an awful lot of false alarm activations.
I wonder who is going to respond when the real burglary comes!

samspade

Please can anyone tell me if British type house alarms are legal in Spain.
ie: External Bell Boxes!
A number of Properties around me have had them fitted latley and we are experiencing them going off. Which is quite annoying!