collection for illegal house owners

Started by strider, January 14, 2009, 09:32:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wartfacegeorge

Before signing off. Stingmeister you have chosen a very unusual usersname. It doesn´t sound very British. Odd isn´t it? Is it German?
I can not see A Jewish person , a Dutchman, a Frenchman for that matter ever chosing a German username.  You Understand why surely. Can you/will you shed some light on your choice of username unless you are our famous Peter 66 who is never very serious. It is probably futile asking this but I find it fascinating why a German name on our forum. Why Choose it?

wartfacegeorge

Morning Skippyboy. I suppose so I simply joined when I joined. How would I know when joining who joined when. That sounds like a tonguetwister.

skippyboy

Wartfacegeorge...is it a coincidence that you joined this forum at the same time as lolita...almost to the hour :?  :?

wartfacegeorge

I forgot. Did the diesel really go missing and what are you going to do about it? In what part of la Hoya are you?

wartfacegeorge

This is forum is getting more disappointing by the minute. Stop the bickering and the insults!  Peter 66 Nobby Bruce fake OBE you great insulter of the spanish, Holders of the non existing Demolition orders, Holders of existing Demolition orders, members of the Maltese proodle, whoever, I came hear to enjoy my life and not to be confronted by a lot of nonsense. I do not care if Lolita lives or works in Piedra, I do care if people are simply insulted for the sake of insulting them.  Lolita if your question is genuine, find the time to go to Cordoba and Sevilla I have just been. In one word splendid. Once there you can buy booklets in English. You can probably get them in Mojacar as well. Good to prepare a bit. In Albox there is a travel agency at Plaza San Francisco at the corner across from the bar going to where the Saturday market is. They have tours specifically for this purpose. Not expensive. Although right now I tend to find everything expensive.  Go now in the summer it will be too warm.It is not for nothing that they call that part of Andalucia "the frying pan of Spain". Have a good trip and do not take offense because of what frustrated people say.

Peter66

Hi Karen4

If you notice they are all newbies created at around the same date and time !  

I have been reliably informed that those that know of this 'Dutch Man' and his little band of merry men, would expect nothing less than this type of behaviour.  

Pete

gaysteven

I agree. Lolita do you live or work in piedra amarilla?

Karen4

This thread is getting more disturbing by the minute. There's a distinctly nasty tone around which is not big, clever or welcome. It's very off-putting and really shouldn't be happening.
Cl3880

lolita

Wow Ramblagirl are you Lynne and Peter Bs all in, like the unholy trinity. What a sick bunch you are. I suppose you know about this place because you stayed there. ************************************Go away and let people enjoy a decent conversation.

ramblagirl

Plenty but don't think you'd be too keen on going. I hear you get a bed, they serve you three meals a day and you get plenty of exercise as long as you don't mind the big high wall all around you.

lolita

Hi Norman

So you have been in Arabia?  Must have been exciting.

Well again I meant it differently. It does make you think, a vendor that speaks 3 languages and me, struggling.

I´ve often thought about going to Granada to see a bit of the Arabic culture there, I have heard it is worth your while.

Any more places you could suggest ?  Big hug

strider

Boy are you two mixed up and obsessed, you are probably one and the same person.

Just throw up more smoke curtains. WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING SO LOUD! WHAT are you trying to hide? Who cares anyway!

Stop wasting our time.  You are repetitive and running around in circles, please keep doing so a few more years, it will do your health wonders.

Everyone a nice weekend and Stingmeister shoot the next expat that steals yor diesel

Lynne

Well done Pete - I just knew it wasn't right, too many clues if you know the whole story, especially with one of the descriptions.  I was just playing a waiting game.  They're getting desperate now and will try almost anything.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

Peter66

Hi Moderators.  

In case you haven't realised yet, but lolita, stingmeister and strider are all the Dutch Man aliases too.  Unfortunately, you can just about hear the point where he finally cracked !!!  :clap

Pete B

strider

Good afternoon Stingmeister, sad to hear it is true. So your red diesel went missing bloody buggers. As if it is not bad enough having to use a jenny.

Probably those 3 that I mentioned earlier. I´ll go to the guardia and report what I have seen. The moon is down over Spain, stealing and all, I bet you it were expats, spanish wouldn´t dare.

Any expats around you using a jenny, I´d check them out if I were you.

stingmeister

Good morning strider
can confirm that it was in fact three and a half 20 litre drums that went missing between 21.00 - 23.00 hours on wednesday evening.

strider

Good morning everybody and what a morning it is!
Can someone confirm that it is or is not true that 3 drums of red diesel "went missing"  yesterday in La Hoya?
As I heard it it was next to a generator. If true I´ll report about the 3 suspicious characters to thye guardia.

Thank You.

judi bk

NormanM

None taken.  No I'm not Arabic, but I did live in that part of the world for many years, and I find it appalling how quick people are to generally dismiss Arabs as ignorant desert dwellers.    They seem to forget just what Arabic science and culture have contributed to Western culture.  Little things, like algebra, for example, without which modern mathematics would not exist.    Funnily enough, from time to time I bump into an itinerant vendor who is an Arab, and speaks good English and French as well as Arabic.  Makes you think, dosn't it?  They generalise about blondes too.......
From Normam

lolita

Hi Norman

I didn´t mean any offence, you are not arabic by change are you. If so pardon me.
I meant it differently, I mean here in Spain you don´t mena English speaking Arabs do you.

Still sounds hoorible, boy am I blonde

NormanM

Couldn't agree more, JoMo. Oh, and Lolita - there are many extremely culture Arabs who speak perfect English!
From Normam

JoMo

Definitely dodgy.

There is NO COLLECTION TO RUN GENERATORS!

The mayors have told us that the homeowner will NOT BE APPROACHED by the inspection teams in PARTALOA, ARBOLEAS, and CANTORIA.

The inspectors in ALBOX are from PROYME and will carry identification.

Get their license number and report these people to the Guardia as soon as you see them again.

linedancer

I can't believe anyone would be taken in by these people, there have been so many warnings via this forum and others about strangers and burglaries(and you can usually spot them a mile away).  Hmmm.... collecting for expats - come on....  808  8- or maybe I am just streetwise or untrusting of strangers.

lolita

Hey listen nothing wrong with the car boot sale. I've bought gas cylinders there!! you do see more let's say people from arabic origin though. Is strider sure the darker fellow was not simply dark spanish.

Like gitano, you know gypsy dark. not black but well tanned. I do not believe that arabs would really speak English or go past doors collecting for jennies of ex pats, with the war in Irak and all.

I hope we do not get involved in Gaza . Poor boys, there are better ways to spend your days. Just ask the Lolitas

gaysteven

I would not pay them a penny. Very dodgy indeed. My avice  keep them at the door and have someone phone the guardia. This is how it apparantly started in la hollija. I repair  alarm systems and pc's , but I work from a respectable firm in Albox. Never give any information on the neighbour's situation, nor about alarm systems.

Detain them and get the guardia on them. If you have difficulty with spanish, which some of us have after many years of trying, just say someone is phoning the guardia and see how quickly they clear off. Or ask them if they mind to have their picture taken. I bet you they do.

Do not submit any information., Funny as the Junta and the psoe or what ever party politicians can be they will not go past doors with alarm surveys. they are simply to busy to clear the mess up of what the junta allowed to go on for 25 years. I simply believe their is more to it then meets the eye.

If you do you might have to go hunting at the very least for a new gas bottle at the car boot sale. Also beware of hikers , hikers are O.K. but you could pose as a hiker now couldn't you and check a lot out . I am perhaps too careful. but because my lifestyle and prefences I've encountered enough problems.

lolita

Right on Val that's what I was saying. They might simply come back at night after their "survey"

Val Keith

lolita

oh yeah Strider this was Sunday morning.

lolita

Hi Strider, You must  have been talking to my husband in the bar about these characters. His mate told him that a car like you described with 2 fellows in it was in the Piedra Amarilla area. They spoke to his neighbour about a psoe survey/demolition and a collection for all sorts of things. there were only 2 of them the "arab" gentlemanand the as you say the bearded boy. They neighbour gave them 5 euros to get rid of them.  Big hug to all

strider

I thought I'd go on the forum because a few funny things happened over the weekend. I never felt the inclination to join in to all sorts of discussions but last weekend changed my ideas about that.

I saw a party of three people walking about on the premises of my neighbour who is spending  time in Britain. I asked them if I could help them. The one closest to me, (short fellow, in his late twenties,short beard) ((submarine type beard rounded)) said that they were collecting money to pay for the cost of fuel for the generators in the Almanzora valley ( spoke English with a southern accent). The second fellow was,  I would imagine not spanish but more arabic like, he spoke broken English (about the same age as the submarine commander). He stepped forward  and mumbled something about cricket and doing a raffle for dogs (I suppose abandoned animals). He said something  to the effect of getting the money in on behalf of "the order of the maltese poodle or proodle". I didn't quite get it because of his accent.  There was a lady in her forties in pink. That was the only sort of outstanding feature about her, ever bit of her clothing was pink, but she never said anything

She never said a thing. The bearded fellow  then asked who lived around us and if they were in and if not, when they would be in. It struck me that they never asked me to contribute. He went to explain that he worked for an association and they collected money for expats that ran expensive jennies, but also were interested in who might be in need of an alarmsystem as they could supply them as well. He went on about the Pryor's home and how we all had to stick together. If I considered my house legal or not. If I had a computer so he could check if my house was legal and all. He could show me a website and we could find out in no time. If I had electric and water  and so on.  I felt vaguely uncomfortable. He said that we were on a list of expats and how times were rough.

My wife came out seeing me talking to these folk and asked them for credentials. The arabic looking guy said "no problem" He said something again about illegal houses and the order of the maltese proodle(?).
 They went to the car which was silvercoloured. They got in and seemed to be looking about. I know I should have taken the numberplate down but you know how things go. It was definetely a VW  It had a "D" in the numberplate  it was a righthanddrive . The bearded guy did the steering.

We live in the Cantoria area, in between la Hoya and the Medio legua area, my wife says closer to the mediolegua.
I looked on google I can;t find a "proodle /broodle?poodle" leave alone an "order of the Maltese proodle" Has anyone else been approached by these people or people like them? I suppose with the unemployment and all we all need to keep our eyes wide open, you never know why or with what intent people come about.  They might be perfectly straight but better warned than sorry Has anyone actually ever heard of the order of the Maltese proodle/poodle or seen these characters. When I had a beer at Pedreros, talking about this a fellow said he had seen a car like I decribesd snooping about , but that might have been "beer talk". Well so much for my contribution to your forum . God bless you all .