Handbag snatched - outside Longo's - 13.30 - Thursday May 6th - Be Alert

Started by atnuj, May 07, 2010, 21:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emma123

I spent many a weekend in Kilburn as a teen, great Irish community in London and had many great nights in 'The Venue'.

I aways keep my wallet in my front pocket but its not so easy for women who wear dresses/leggings etc and carry their belongings in a hand-bag.

At last weeks Arboleas market we heard of 3 people having their purses stolen (one of whom is a good friend who was very p***ed off). Two 'eastern european' women were seen hanging around that area of the market during the short time the thefts occured but I'm not insinuating it was them, no proof = no conclusion.

Just always be aware when going to markets/fiestas, you may think your street smart or 'it'll never happen to me' like I did, but it did happen to me a while ago and to 3 people last week. Keep safe everyone.

chelseaphil

I was told by my dad 30 years to always carry my wallet in the front on my trouser NEVER in the back pocket.  he was brought up in Kilburn, London and saw many a pickpocket.

Helios

watch out if any of you are going to Ikea my husband had his wallet stolen from is button down pocket in his shorts, then another english man turned up at the desk, he had been done as well.

atnuj

My friend had her handbag stolen by distraction thieves outside Longos at about 1.30 yesterday.

They asked for directions and then stole her handbag before driving off in a black hatchback, fairly new.

Two young men. One was about 25....dark haired... of Spanish appearance.

Apologies to the couple who followed them ..... she said she would meet you back at Longos but she had to go to the bank to cancel her cards before they closed.

Be alert everybody..... Thieves about!

(This is reproduced from another forum by request of the person concerned - any pertinent information will be relayed by me on receipt of a PM)