An interesting piece of information from the N332 Facebook page

Started by Babyboomer, March 24, 2015, 20:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angieh

Bryney,
   That's my worry, I used to work in logistics. You HAD to have all the safety stuff, high viz, hard hat, steel toe caps et al. Some of the warehouses were better than Asda and Tesco shops, but you had to comply!
I know it's not a bad thing, but it does get a bit tiresome when you are a responsible adult................maybe I need to be a nanny a wee bit longer.........

byrney

Don't worry Angie, it's only a light bulb, and it's not compulsory.  I can see the only people wanting one are those who used to wear a hi-viz jacket when they used to work.  :whistle:

Angieh

OMG at this rate I will not be able pick up more than two visitors cos there will be no room in the car left.
ELF AND SAFETY!

Babyboomer

WARNING LAMP FOR CARS
Did you know it is allowed to use a rotative flashing orange light in your vehicle in certain situations?

Drivers of private cars may use a rotating flashing device in their vehicle to effectively signify an emergency situation, such as an accident or a breakdown, and thus avoiding further accidents especially in the case of poor visibility.

Besides the compulsory kit composed of "1 reflective jacket and 2 warning triangles", drivers of private vehicles may add a V-2 type light device, which may have one or several "yellow auto" coloured lights which should be visible in all directions from a distance of 100 meters.
The V-2 will be installed above the highest direction indicator lights, without affecting the driver's visibility or the vehicle's structure protection, for example on the roof of the car.
Do not forget that whether or not you have a V-2 type light device, the proper way to signify an emergency situation is by using the direction indicators (4 way flashers) along with the warning triangles.

If you want to read another interesting traffic matters, follow them on Facebook; N332
Mark Drew email:mark1drew at gmail.com El Prado, Arboleas.