Mobile Internet Advice/Clothing for Winter

Started by noa47, November 01, 2015, 09:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

webejamin

I always put me underpants on me head when I'm in bed in Spain in the winter, keeps me bonce warm :tiphat:

zilnor

I agree with p2une. The winter can be much colder than you are led to believe by holiday companies and travel guide books. Our first winter living near Albox, we had snow ! ( Jan 2007)
That said, the days are often warm and sunny, and barbecues are possible at lunchtime.Enjoy your stay.  :wave

p2une

Hello Wendy.

Welcome to the area.  I don't know about the Internet - we have satellite - but I should bring warm clothes with you!  This belief that people have in UK about our year-long tropical weather is wrong.  Winters can be very cold, with very strong winds, so woollies are needed from about January onwards. Mind you, we are about 2000 feet up where we live, but Albox is not that warm either.  In my experience - eight and a half years here - just bring what you would wear in the UK. You might not need the thickest sweaters, but certainly a warm coat and boots.

Good luck! June
Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most

noa47

Hi.  I am renting an apartment in Albox for 3 months from 1st December and will want internet access for a tablet/laptop during that time.  Should I buy mobile mifi here (without roaming charges) or would it be better to wait and get it when I come there?  I'm not technical minded and only have an old fashioned mobile phone so can't get interned on that.  Any advice would be much appreciated.

Also, can anyone advise what type of clothing I should bring for the 3 months I will be there as obviously need to maximize space in my suitcase.

Thanks in advance

Wendy