Gib.

Started by Red, October 14, 2016, 20:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nibbler

I was in Gibraltar last week and spoke to a great many locals and not one wanted the Spanish to take control of their country.
They would rather remain isolated and British not part of Europe and Spanish.
As for an economy in tatters, it seemed to me that there was a lot of prosperity around.
Nibbler :tiphat:

Tetley

Quote from: Hogs on October 17, 2016, 09:25:02 AM
[quote author=Tetley link=topic=110838.msg606525#msg606525 date=1476630422)

apparently the SP Gov are offering the Gib folks Spanish Nationality,continued EU Membership,and open borders with shared UK/SP mangment.... sound like a deal to me,as opposed to living on a non EU  lump of Rock with an econamy in tatters.

:outtahere:

Yep right good deal is that Tets, Spanish Nationality, in a near bankrupt Country, riddled with Political corruption that can't form a working Government and all the've got to do is give up their Duty Free Open Port Status, where billions of wonga is banked each year from around the world and be run by a Bi Lateral committee who couldn't agree which way the wind is blowing!

Aye a right good deal !

PS Don't worry about the nuclear fallout cos the Rock has loads of tunnels to sit it out in!
[/quote]

steady on Hogs,its working at the min with no govi...... sound like a plan  :laugh:

i see yer speptics & moaners are hard at it in the May Cab..........spreading the luv.....tick tick tick.... :))
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

webejamin

Well I never knew that Spain were trying to take over Gib :shocked: must be caused by the Brexit, coz It aint happened before, has it? :whistle: next fing we know Argentina will want to relieve us of the Falklands :shocked: or the Jocks will want Scotland back :shocked: All coz of Brexit :whistle:
I've heard it on the galley radio, that barbers are cutting hair no longer :shocked:   

Tetley

Ar the peoples paper the express....... are we sorting Gib,befor nuclear war with Russia or shall we let the dust settle......

apparently the SP Gov are offering the Gib folks Spanish Nationality,continued EU Membership,and open borders with shared UK/SP mangment.... sound like a deal to me,as opposed to living on a non EU  lump of Rock with an econamy in tatters.

:outtahere:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Jo-JoB

More Saber rattling, When Spain relinquishes its territories in North Africa, then it can demand Gibraltar back. It wont do that!

W w w.un.org/documents/ga/docs/55/a55497.pdf

Page 23, clause 6

The United Nations has established in various resolutions that there is no one formula for decolonization. The principle of self-determination, although applicable to most colonial situations, is not absolute. It is limited by another principle —that of territorial integrity, as specified in resolutions 1514 (XV) and 2625(XXV). For the specific case of the decolonization of Gibraltar, the principle of territorial integrity applies, as recognized in resolutions 2353 (XXII) and 2429 (XXIII).