Air Fares

Started by Red, June 11, 2020, 07:06:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

Quote from: webejamin on July 01, 2020, 18:56:38 PM
One good thing to come out of all this, is how quiet it is in my garden. We live in an area that contains the stack for aircraft landing at Heathrow, approaching city, and taking off from others. Plus of course anything flying West from Europe generally. Of late, there seems to be no stacking, just straight in and not many of those either. :grin: So this last three months we are enjoying a peaceful silence we've never experienced before :grin:
So not all things are bad, even if we've had two cancelled trips. :grin:

Jams after the tranquility of lock down,it will suit me if we go back to horses & carts and steam trains ......which the way thing,s are panning out....we might be   :afro:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

webejamin

One good thing to come out of all this, is how quiet it is in my garden. We live in an area that contains the stack for aircraft landing at Heathrow, approaching city, and taking off from others. Plus of course anything flying West from Europe generally. Of late, there seems to be no stacking, just straight in and not many of those either. :grin: So this last three months we are enjoying a peaceful silence we've never experienced before :grin:
So not all things are bad, even if we've had two cancelled trips. :grin:

Tetley

Quote from: Cartron on July 01, 2020, 18:09:05 PM
I wouldn't worry Tetley , Ryanair have between 3 and 4 Billion Euro in cash reserves so they will go from strength to strength with others folding.
I remember when Michael opened his  small corner shop in Dublin at 6.30 AM  so he has proved to be some performer  to get where he is today .
Most of the other Airlines and Shipping Companies also held back refunds in favour of vouchers for future travel so not just Ryanair.
You will all be flying Ryanair soon as there won't be much choice.☺

100 quid for the ticket buys yer a sky ride and as much people watchin as yer can cope with....early boarders and gold shoes...luv it ,to be honest  thi could have kept mi 100 quid,ive had that much entertainment over the years watching the posh do the cheap seats wi me  :laugh:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

amanda

Just received a refund from Ryanair for a return flight we had booked for Easter, only took 3 months of us mithering them, cost for two people return was £270, received a refund off Jet2 last week for our 2nd July flight thats cancelled a couple of weeks ago with no mithering, cost for two people return was £273, I know who I would prefer to fly with.
Still waiting on a CAA refund for 20th May that's near £3k for a Shearings Grand Prix cancelled  trip before they went bump, obviously this is the one we want the most so have our fingers crossed for this one.

Cartron

I wouldn't worry Tetley , Ryanair have between 3 and 4 Billion Euro in cash reserves so they will go from strength to strength with others folding.
I remember when Michael opened his  small corner shop in Dublin at 6.30 AM  so he has proved to be some performer  to get where he is today .
Most of the other Airlines and Shipping Companies also held back refunds in favour of vouchers for future travel so not just Ryanair.
You will all be flying Ryanair soon as there won't be much choice.☺

Tetley

ive just booked a RA  flight with mi voucher from march,no problem at all ,id rather them have mi 120 quid to use for 4 months than go bust,because it they go txts up flying really will get expensive.

Rtis

Why whinge about a Mickey mouse flight being cancelled, it is when one lashes out  £ 600 one way and a flight gets cancelled from May onwards , might be a flight July 4th ? !

MAZ4929

Quote from: Cartron on July 01, 2020, 10:40:46 AM
Sorry Suej just saw January, Just looked and 35 euro Alicante to Manchester early august without extra bag. Whatever one thinks of Ryanair this is fantastic value.

Looks good value till they cancel it.

But then I suppose Mr O'Leary has to get the money he owes all those unfortunate people whose flights were cancelled early in the year that were fobbed off with his unwanted travel vouchers.
What is important is not only to attain victory for democracy, it is to retain democracy.
Nelson Mandela.

Cartron

Sorry Suej just saw January, Just looked and 35 euro Alicante to Manchester early august without extra bag. Whatever one thinks of Ryanair this is fantastic value.

Suej

In January not August. It is still a good price but interesting that it is the extras that have gone up, so if you don't need to take a bag it is very cheap still.
Sue

Cartron

Suej, so for less than 50 Euro you can fly one way to the UK or back. In August.  Seems like a bargain to me .
Costs me more than that in a Taxi to the Airport.
Before Ryanair came along it was in the hundreds.

Tetley

ive just payed 150 quid for an Alacanti east mids flight

my jet 2 was 215 quid but that was cancelled

hey ho beets walking  :laugh:

Suej

I always go to visit a friend in January for a couple of nights in the UK

Interestingly the Ryanair prices for this time next year are still showing as â,¬19.99 or â,¬25.99 one way, normal for that time of year but when you try and add on the 2 cabin bags rather than only being able to take a tiny bag the price goes right up. It used to be â,¬6 each way for this option it is now over â,¬25 each way, so pretty much doubling the price each way.

Sue

Cartron

Michael  ó  Leary   must be rubbing his hands with glee.  ✈✈

Tetley

Quote from: nibbler on June 30, 2020, 19:15:21 PM
It won't be long before flying is a pastime of the rich again. :(
Nibbler.

spot on Nibbs ,the more planes on the  ground the higher the prices for the" still flying".

https://www.balpa.org/Media-Centre/Press-Releases/Pilots-shock-at-scale-of-easyJet-redundancy-propos

apparently Airbus are also chopping  jobs because of the  flying down turn .

nibbler

It won't be long before flying is a pastime of the rich again. :(
Nibbler.

Tetley

Tetley

Anybody had there Jet 2 flights cancelled  ?

,i was booked Almeria east mids october.....now flight cancelled .

talked to another couple yesterday  Jet 2  flights for july cancelled .

Paul

here we go again "us brits"

johnny

Quote from: kev on June 12, 2020, 12:59:43 PM
hi all

gatwick to almeria all july fully booked

Not necessarily sold out...

From the Easyjet site

We list a flight as ‘Sold Out’

... or because we are uncertain if it will operate. An increased number of flights are currently showing as Sold Out because, in light of Covid-19 and evolving travel restrictions, we do not have certainty that some flights will operate.
Johnny

lmj52

Why are you Brits booking flights when it hasn’t been confirmed you can even come here yet.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

amanda

We received an email from Jet2 saying our July flight cancelled and to either book for another date foc or wait for a refund at some point.

kev

hi all

gatwick to almeria all july fully booked

Lynden

Still loads of cheap fares about if you fancy your chances on a plane.

Cartron

Alicante to Manchester approx 30 euro in July August.!!
Maybe more fake news.

lmj52

Going off track for a moment, Tetley look at deals here in Spain. We’ve got “a big” wedding anniversary coming up, in August. I started looking for a special beach front hotel, in January. I’ve had an email from one offering a great deal for residents. Original price for a night was â,¬264. The offer is â,¬126 for 2 nights breakfast and evening meal included. Incredible deal.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Tetley

Quote from: webejamin on June 11, 2020, 08:37:48 AM
Sowfend or Clacton aint lookin so bad for a holiday after all 8)

its is from er Jams   :afro: ,looks like a spay tan and a 4 pack of Stella for  locals  8) 

webejamin

Sowfend or Clacton aint lookin so bad for a holiday after all 8)

Tetley

Quote from: Red on June 11, 2020, 07:06:58 AM
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1294251/news-world-price-flights-spain-set-soar

there soaring now ,we booked for Tenerife 5 weeks ago 100e each ,same flights now 330e each
in march we payed 45e each.....