New Delhi

Started by Val Keith, July 10, 2015, 18:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tandas

When the new indian opens in the old chinese in Albox they will have some competition and maybe they'll change some things.   We went to Aceefe down Mojaca and chicken tikka there is bright red. 

Tetley

Quote from: Chumbagal on July 17, 2015, 14:14:29 PM
Everyone has different taste but I certainly wouldn't eat there again. The sauces are just too sweet.

My lad has the messala there,its far two sweet for me as well,however he luvs it,i normaly have the Tika type dishes wich are really nice,the delhi is deffinatly as good as the three i use in Hull but its a lot cheaper when the bill comes.
;)
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Chumbagal

Everyone has different taste but I certainly wouldn't eat there again. The sauces are just too sweet.

Tetley

Well its as good as my local English in the mother land (and half the price ),we go for the midweek special,brudy grate value,my friend had his stagg night meal in there as well...........wonderfull.

deffinatly going to try the menue day.

:)
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

telcaz

Well I have to agree with Lynne, although I haven´t been for a couple of years and after the last visit swore I (We) wouldn´t go there again, my wife asked for "Chicken tikka masala" and when it was placed in front of her, she took one look at it and, I can´t eat that, it was blood red, and looked like I plate of nothing more than red food dye, which she just pushed to one side, on the other hand, my meal, "chicken pathia", was excellent, but this wasn´t the first time her meal there was less than acceptable, she, on this occasion she asked for "Butter chicken", that was far too sweet, she said it tasted like honey, hence no more visits, and yes, we did complain to the management, who just said, well that is we always make it.
                                                                                              Terry.

Val Keith

Lynne,

We have never had  a bad meal yet, we have only been a couple of times for Menu del dia, which as I said was excellent,  all the other times have been in the evening, and it has never varied.

Daffy

I've been going since they opened and never had a bad meal yet. Good service and excellent value.

Lynne

They must have changed hands since we were there last because I wouldn't give their food to a dog and the service was appalling.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

ColinC

Nice to see they are open lunch times now..I often pull up outside to get my bread from the baker on the next corner and the aroma of onions cooking drift into the car...!! Be nice to think I could pop in!

guitarman

Very good Indian, great value. :clap:

Cheese

Best curry house for miles/kilometres in my opinion.

Val Keith

We went to the New Delhi in Albox today, for menu del dia, and I must say it was absolutely delicious, six dishes, all for Euros 12.95. and it was lovely and cool with air con. Also served by a very pleasant man. :)