Rejas

Started by Chris, January 15, 2009, 10:32:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Sheriff ILLIA.

I have at last found the photo I could not find when I made my last posting - this is what happens with the Rejas that are installed after the house is completed - ripped off the wall very easily ?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Fred Sheriff.

Tip of the Day for a long life  :-  Breathe In  - Breathe Out - repeat when necessary.

The Sheriff ILLIA.

Goodtimes,    It's not the upright rods that are at fault - although they should be done as you suggest - it is the whole Reja - when they are installed at the completion of the construction - they have 4 arms which are inserted into the wall about 2 ins deep and then concreted over - it takes anyone let alone a good thief  about 30 seconds to get one of these off the wall completely and gain access to the windows which are then just as easy to open.
Fred Sheriff.

Tip of the Day for a long life  :-  Breathe In  - Breathe Out - repeat when necessary.

goodtimes

Sheriff is right, they´ll put a car jack in between the spiles and after 3 minutes of work Mr T could crawl through your window. Therefore if they are tailormade have some crossbars welded across.

Josie & David

Hi Chris - we used Matt Fowler and highly recommend him, his work and prices are excellent - 0034 671 424 558 / 0034 627 167 167, e-mail: mailto:metalmatty@gmail.com">metalmatty@gmail.com
Josie & David

Well and truly retired........

Chris

Hi,
Thanks Rambla Girl will try Pedro by the roundabout in Oria, and thanks to the Sheriff will bear your comments in mind when choosing the type of rejas, will probably go for the inset type.
Thanks once again,  

pnightxr600

also try p + d metals great service tel 638707406

The Sheriff ILLIA.

Chris,   A bit of advice - If you are having Rejas  made  do not accept the normal type - which are fitted over the outside of the window opening - these are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard - anyone let alone a knowledgeable  thief  could have one of these off your wall and be inside your house with in a minute.
Fred Sheriff.

ramblagirl

We had all ours made and fitted by Pedro who has the metalwork place on the roundabout in Oria next door to the ferreteria by the garage. Very good service.

Chris

Hi all,

I need to source some rejas for some windows on my cortijo.  Can anyone recommend
reliable and reasonably priced people/companies to supply and fit these? I am in the
Oria area.

Thanks.
:wave