Is your pool down on your deeds???

Started by flimflam, March 05, 2009, 17:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

ILLI UK and ILLIA !! Best of both for me!!!

sandra

Depends on the size of the pool. Our neighbour paid around 250 euros for a 7x4 pool and terrace. We paid 412euros for a 10x4 pool and a 146 sq metre surrounding terrace.

Jason

Can anyone tell me the rough cost for a pool license?
ILLI UK and ILLIA !! Best of both for me!!!

Mercurian

We have a couple of friends who had to go and get a licence for the pool when they decided to sell because the builder hadn't got one, even although the pool came as part of the purchase price of the house.

Karen4

I almost had this problem when buying my house. I say almost, because my solicitor, Michael Davies, was really on the ball and wouldn't let me sign the contract until the vendor had registered the pool with the original deeds. It delayed our move to Spain for a couple of months but I was glad to have a solicitor who really knew what he was doing, and who acted on my behalf all through the process.
Cl3880

digifidd

Dont even get me started on this one!!!  I would say deal with it, try to get retrospective permissions/license.  Might not be easy with a pool as essentially the Almanzora Valley is a semi-desert area and pools are an emotive subject re water shortages and too many of them already having been built and using precious water.

sandra

We have been told that no builder will have applied for a licence for a pool. If you want to sell your property at some time in the future, you will need to have a licence for it (as well as for any other building work you have done e.g walls, extra terrace space, cladding on your house, casitas etc).  We have had our house since 2003, but have recently applied for, and now have, licences for all work done so far. As I said on another post about licences, Maria, our local Police Officer, recently called on us, along with three other neighbours, to check what licences we held. We were told to get one for our decking. :head

flimflam

A friend has just phoned us to ask if we've checked our deeds to see if the pool and garage are down on the escritura.
We assumed this would be o.k. because our solicitor dealt with this and should have made sure everything was correct.
WRONG - they are not noted down on the escritura - so they have probably not got a licence etc.
I think that most people have the same problem.