Problem with keyboard to PC connection

Started by Karen4, January 15, 2014, 14:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karen4

Thank you both, I suspect the PC is far older than the keyboard as I got it about 10 years ago! The keyboard is as new, still in the box and never used - I am just fed up with the keys on the current one sticking etc. I will see if I can get a little adaptor thing which should hopefully sort it out and get it plugged in!
Cl3880

ADVANCE Digital

Hi Karen4

You've bought a keyboard with a PS2 connector on it, if your PC hasn't got a PS2 connection, will be purple of the same size and with pin holes in it to match the plug, you will need an adaptor which cost about 2 euros.
It maybe better though to return this keyboard as its the old type and replace it will a USB one (flattened plug)

Simon

ColinC

Hi Karen, sounds as if you have bought one of the older style keyboards that plug into a special keyboard socket on the computer. Most new keyboards are now fitted with a USB connector or are wirefree via blue tooth wireless. I don't know whether there are conversion kits to change from the purple plug to USB..

In short I think someone has sold you an old keyboard for a new computer!

Colin

Karen4

I have bought a new keyboard for the PC but it has a little pale purple round plug on the end of it instead of a sort of flattened plug like the "old" keyboard and I can't see anywhere to plug it into the hard drive? There are colour-coded sockets but they are pink and yellow and are too small anyway. Do I need an extra thing to connect the two? Getting so sick of this old keyboard as it is on its last legs!
Cl3880