Premier League Chat

Started by Biggin, August 10, 2018, 22:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggin

Really surprised at Man U giving Jones a new 4 year contract surely has to be better out there or is this Woodward tightening the purse strings, mistake in my opinion as Jones is always an accident waiting to happen

John and Sue

In My opinion, I think Liverpool will blow it and Man city will win the league by 3 points
In the next three years Wolves will be up there.  Only got a small squad compared with those above us, but when he is short brings the kids in.

John

Biggin

Looking like Liverpool have blown their chances of winning the league 2 draws when they should have been winning, looks like the smaller squad is now feeling the strain , and on the defensive injury front, looks like letting Clyne  go in the transfer window was a big mistake.

United started well the other day and for the first 15 minutes were excellent and going a goal up thereafter it look as if they were playing for Jose again crossfield, back passes and pedantic slow and not the quick play that we have come to enjoy under Ole. Passing was poor and there was no press on the opposition. Example Rashford in the first few games he was closing down running wide into space , on Sunday he was  very static in comparison,If they carry on in this manner then they are in for a rude awakening against PSG and Chelsea in the cup

Biggin

Well a bad night for the Manchester Clubs more so for City than Untd  City losing 2-1 to Newcastle after being 1-0 up after 24 secs  and Untd  fight back from 2-0 down to get a draw .

By all accounts Rashford had a poor game and missed an easy chance in the first half when 0-0  that goes in it is a different game.
Funnily I had an uneasy feeling tonight when I saw the team , and I suppose the victories had to come to an end at some time so possibly a good thing and that will get rid of any complacency that might have been creeping in

Biggin

Well Ole is certainly making is mark and increasing his chances of being full time Manager. This is virtually the same 11 players that Spurs tore apart at Old Trafford and certainly in the first half we gave them massive problems , certainly in the second half it was almost all Spurs with us giving them the odd reminder we are still a danger.
If Jose had still been in charge then tis team would have collapsed , but now you can see they are playing for the manager, sure we need to strengthen the defence and some other options midfield but continue with that type of performance then top 4 is possible

In saying that Untd probably F***ed up my fantasy team with me having Kane and Son :laugh: :laugh:

Dunedin

I would think their current stand in manager is making a statement with 6 wins in a row.

Biggin

Please God don't let this happen

Manchester United are considering an approach for England boss Gareth Southgate as they continue to search for Jose Mourinho's permanent successor.

Not good enough in my opinion ::)

Now this is a better option

Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone, whose contract with the Spanish club expires in 18 months, is also on Manchester United's shortlist to become their next manager

John and Sue

Bill Wolves made 5 changes as well , drab first half, can we hang on to Neves, he has been below par the last few games.

Bring on  man City ,that wont be as easy. bit worried they might beat us     John

Biggin

9 changes for Liverpool too much then to lose Lovren in the first few minutes and be replaced by a 16 year old did not help Fair play to Wolves they took their chance however how Shakiri's free kick did not land in the back of the net I do not know

Dunedin

Tonight was the night that the Reds bled whilst the Wolves howled in victory. 8)

Biggin

Man C get the luck tonight in the 2-1 win against Liverpool such are the fine margins. Man C on the night were probably the better team but had their luck at 0-0 Liverpool hit the post it comes out an in the scramble that follows the ball is cleared from the line 10 mm preventing the goal. Man C hit the post and it goes in such is luck , and City's biggest bit of luck was how Kompany stayed on the field after his tackle on Salah in any other game I can guarantee  it would have been a sending off  the ref bottled it

Still it makes for an interesting rest of the season with 4 pts separating the teams

John and Sue

What a difference
Just shows the players can get a manager out.
Never liked him as a manager, just been at top clubs with top players. would like to see him manage a team like Hartlepool and see what he would do.

John

Biggin

What a difference a change of Manager at Man U has made, I know that it was Cardiff and they will face stiffer challenges but this is the first time they have scored 5 goals in a league game since Fergie left - that in itself says something.

It was a pleasure to watch today the shackles off go and attack and how they did that everyone was working  one touch football and mainly going forward, and when the ball was lost working hard to get it back, just so different from the Jose days when it appeared players were afraid to try anything.

Lets hope it continues over the next few weeks and we will see where we can finish up and I think top 4 is achievable. Still work to do in defence but today was a big improvement, with the players playing for the manager and the shirt.

Biggin

Doreen Pogba won't get a game now as he has fallen out with Mourhino as I said he is only picking players that he likes nothing to do with ability ::)

doreen1

Can someone explain why Pogba and Mata are left on the bench and Fellaini plays 😤😤😤😤

Biggin

What do I want for Christmas ::) ::)  Mourhino to be sacked he is now picking players that he likes and gets on with - nothing to do with ability and he is fast becoming a joke.
Untd need to take action now or they could find themselves fighting off relegation - forget the January transfer window if Mourhino is still there as nobody decent will want to play in that environment

Look  at Fred he spends 50 million buying him and now wont play him because he does not trust his defence!!!!!!!!!!!  sorry Jose you have lost it time to go

Biggin

Well I wonder what Man U team is going to turn up on Saturday , a go at them team or the usual defensive bore (Defense that's a laugh :laugh: )

I think for the first time I have went against them for a win (Predict a score)  but in honesty I just cant see them beating Chelsea especially if they play as they did against Liverpool they will tear Untd apart.

Its City in a few weeks and I am sure I will be going for City win such is the state of Untd these days

John and Sue

Hello Bill
As a Man united Man you must be pulling your hair out, your comments are true.

Wolves keep winning, what did I tell you
I still think they need a 15 goal a season man, but they are like gold dust

Man united are not a bad team, got to be deeper than that.

John

Biggin

Well watched the Chelsea v Liverpool last night great one touch fast football, and I think that is what Man U should be doing but they are no where near that and they are a club in Crisis

Was listening to Rio Ferdinand, and Paul Scholes discussing the Untd game and they were scathing of the Untd performance whilst praising West Ham.

Ferdinand is saying it is now time for the people at the top of the club to make big decisions before it is too late, and these include getting rid of Mourhino/ Pogba  one or both and they also questioned are the players there actually good enough and for me looking through the team how many players would actually start in a City/ Liverpool / Chelsea/ Spurs team I think very few probably for me right now De Gea .

For me it is Mourhino that has to go he has a poor relationship with Woodward and now looks to have lost the dressing room and for a Untd team his tatics are too defensive  and poor,  take yesterday he played 3 at the back and on the right side of that was McTominay a midfielder???

So I agree with Ferdinand something has to be done and quick or Untd will be struggling in the lower half of the league where they are already half way down.

Biggin

Leicester were the better team today but its Liverpool that take the points , Leicester's problem seems to be scoring and they would not have scored today if Allison had not taken a rush of blood to the head he rushed out to the side on thee byline near the edge of 18yd box it was a simple task just to put foot through the ball and clear, but that was to simple so with player behind him he tries to drag it back inside loses the ball which was squared and tapped into an empty net

That idiot just cost me 4 Fantasy Points :angry:

John and Sue

Biggin. Long live  the hand of Boly.

City still the best team in europe, until next year.

doreen1

Sorry Biggin, I commented on the predict a score thread, it should be here.
Yes a really good game and great result for Wolves. 👏🏼

Biggin

Wolves v Man C a very good watch and if Wolves continue to play in this manner they will have no problem in staying up and will give the big teams a real game especially at home , however I am very disappointed that THE HAND OF BOLY denied one of my Fantasy Players a clean sheet  :laugh: :laugh:

Biggin

Angleseyite on yesterday's performance I would not go against what you say top 10 if they are lucky. Against Spurs I think they will go totally defensive and try to hit on the break and hope for a 1-0 win. In honesty don't see them winning this one

Angleseyite

Its a very poor Man Utd, lucky against the Foxes, and found out by the Seagulls. Lucky to finish in the top half this season, but that's Morinio all over.

Biggin

Yes you are correct John and I am even thinking of predicting a Spurs win and I am afraid it's a Man C win as well :laugh:

John and Sue

hi bill
I think they play spurs next week,
wolves play man city

John

Biggin

Well what a load of crap I just watched Man U v Brighton united very poor second to everything and a defence that leaked like a sieve. Brighton deserved the win as they were the ones that were pushing and winning individual battles. In the second half Man U had loads more possession but as usual did not have a clue what to do with it pass square pass back nothing going in behind.
Jose wanted some New defenders in the transfer window Woodward did not get them after that performance its obvious we need them .
Even Bailly who is usually reliable was a nightmare and could be held responsible for 2 of the goals, in that he gave away a needless corner that resulted in a goal , and then a tackle that he did not need to make resulted in a Penalty.

Continue to play like this then we will be lucky to finish in the top 10 ::)

Thing next week not getting any easier next week as they play Man C at home  I will be predicting an away win :laugh:

John and Sue

Doreen,

I dont think he would get in the team,he could always cut the oranges at half time

doreen1

Well after the first match Wolves seem to be set for the Champions League next year. 😬

Malcolm thinks it's only a matter of time before Ronaldo follows his fellow countrymen. 😂😂😂

felipe

The way Huddersfield against my lot, I think will be bottom three too along with Cardiff.

Biggin

Target candidates for Manchester United's new director of football role include ex-United keeper Edwin van der Sar, Juventus director Fabio Paratici and Monchi, formerly director at Sevilla and now of Roma

Biggin

Read recently that Man U are for first time in their history looking at appointing a Director of Football - maybe if they do we will get some transfers over the line as Woodward seems incapable of doing so

John and Sue

hi Bill

Not disappointed with Wolves performance, a lot of the team have not played together long. then there is Neves, people are raving about him but he did it all last season.

Only scores from outside the box, his passing is his best feature. must be worth a lot more than we paid for him. Wait until Triore gets fit.

I think they will finish half way, anything higher will be a bonus.

Biggin

Even this early I am saying that Cardiff will be relegated  not making my mind up on the other 2 at the moment