Have Your say all things about Football

Started by Biggin, September 13, 2020, 09:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny73

Will Ole survive today.?? A new broom and a big stick urgently needed.
The defence is a disaster and midfield  not much better.
Harry Maguire and a few others on the first stage out of town.

timb

Probably the biggest shock ever in football!!

Newcastle have sacked Steve Bruce.

I wonder who will take the job knowing they only have one transfer window to avoid possible relegation and they may be taking a poisoned chalice for two seasons.

I did chuckle at a Meme of the new owners checking a receipt from Sports Direct checking the returns policy :)

Dunedin

doreen1

timb

You have to chuckle at Sky Sports trying to relive the heady days of former Deadline Days!!

Presenter “we have major breaking news!!”

“Leigh Griffiths (who??) has gone to Dundee on loan”

Pass the potty I’ve just wet myself with excitement!!!

Old Pedro

Wayne Rooney was right that Ronaldo would never join City over United. He will be on a staggering 510GBP p.w. but United will probably be able to cover that on shirt sales alone. Eleven years ago Real Madrid fans bought 1.2 million shirts at 80 million not long he arrived from M.Utd. Will Cavani give up the number 7 shirt, probably not.

Hopefully the race for the premiership will go to the wire. Never write off sides that start slowly, just look at Manchester City last year.

timb

Apologies there is some money changing hands. I may be a fool but my missus just asked me “why would Liverpool go to all the trouble of signing Ronaldo to leave him out against Chelsea!!”

timb

Quote from: Dunedin on August 28, 2021, 13:45:52 PM
Quote from: Johnny73 on August 27, 2021, 16:06:19 PM
Now City pulled out M U  are set to possibly resign him , god help us.
The Refs will be busy.😂

They have already signed him for â,¬23 million on a 2 year contract subject to a medical, a visa and personal terms. 😄

I think Ronaldo was a free agent and therefore came for nothing - apart from 35 million over two years which they’ll easily recover in shirt sales plus an 8% hike in share value. At least this season there’ll be some new shirts on the Arbi market :)

timb

I think you can blame your man Roman for starting this a few years ago Phil. The Arabs then came in and saw a new shiny trinket to show off and off we go.

Dunedin

Quote from: Johnny73 on August 27, 2021, 16:06:19 PM
The Refs will be busy.😂

They have already signed him for â,¬23 million on a 2 year contract subject to a medical, a visa and personal terms. 😄

Johnny73

The Refs will be busy.😂

felipe

500k for 45mins a week. Bloody disgusting. FIFA or someone needs to start refusing these disgraceful wage demands and transfer fees. Lukaku, great player but 94million?  Nah, same with Kane at 150million, Grealish 100million not worth half that. Fans will very soon not be able to afford to go and watch a game.
Then there us the price of club shirts. £85 for current season. Yet 18months later on sale for £35. Major rip off.

End of rant

Johnny73

So now it seems Ronaldo may be on the way to city . Half a million a week.
The football worlds gone mad. He may  near his swansong but still lethal for 45 minutes. Can't wait for United fans to have a pop.
Maybe just a rumour of course.

Johnny73

Messi  agrees  2 year deal with PSG  . 35 million a year net which  shows what the top clubs are earning. Hope the TV companies don't go belly up.

Malcolm Hyde

Still 3 days to get your Predictions in.

Go to 21/22 Predictor League in honour of Biggin

Come and test your football knowledge against others

timb

Quote from: Johnny73 on August 10, 2021, 10:35:29 AM
Hope this is not the way Leicester. Fans are going to behave and hopefully a one off .

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2021/0808/1239685-wright-details-anti-irish-abuse-of-keane-at-wembley/

Standard behaviour from the usual element of brain dead fkwits found in every club. If they can’t chant something homophobic, racist etc they’d not bother going. Sadly anybody who thinks football hooliganism is a thing of the past needs to wake up and smell the coffee. It’s better orchestrated between rival supporters than anything Patton, Montgomery or Rommel could ever have thought of. 

Johnny73

timb

Evidently if Messi goes to PSG it’s highly likely Mbappe will have to move on, but that would be an incredible front three. I’m not a fan of Neymar but when he plays “properly” he is a talent. It would be really interesting to read these financial fair play rules as they seem very lopsided.

I’ve had a little tickle at 6/1 for Messi to end the window still a Barca player. His press conference tomorrow will be a must watch for me. Time now to crack open a bottle for the Charity Shield!!

Johnny73

If Messi joins PSG with Neymar  Mbappe and others they will be some team.
Don't think Harry has been added to City just yet !

Dunedin

ManC are after adding Kane alongside their purchase of Jack Grealish who has joined for a £100m fee. 😊

Malcolm Hyde

One week left before the Premier League starts.

There’s still time to join the fun Predictor League, just go to 21-22 Predictor League in honour of Biggin.

Make your predictions home, away or draw I will do the rest, come on have a bit of fun

John and Sue

Yes its a real shame for him, only picked up 50 million a year for the last 5 years, my heart bleeds for him. what a shame, I dont think we have heard the last about him leaving yet,

Johnny73

What a sad end to Messi and Barcelona.  Everything is all about money now , the game is second best.
City should have waited and not wasted 100 million on Grealish.
Can United afford him and would he want to go to England in any case.??
What about Bolton  ?? 😂

John and Sue

Malcolm Hyde

‘Don't know how these 3rd division clubs manage now,’

Hopefully Sandwell Town can tell you next year John!

Dunedin

Quote from: John and Sue on August 03, 2021, 13:00:03 PM
Football is going silly now, should cap wages and transfers

I heard that Ramsey is on 400.000 a week. and wants to come back to England, he has been passed his best for a few years now.

One day a top owner will pack it in and a top club will go under,

Don't know how these 3rd division clubs manage now,

John

Hamilton is on £50 million a year. When you take into account the F1 season lasts for 6 months that £2million a week. 😆

John and Sue

Football is going silly now, should cap wages and transfers

I heard that Ramsey is on 400.000 a week. and wants to come back to England, he has been passed his best for a few years now.

One day a top owner will pack it in and a top club will go under,

Don't know how these 3rd division clubs manage now,

John

Angleseyite

Quote from: John and Sue on August 03, 2021, 12:50:42 PM
160 million for him makes no sense to me

I agree definitely over valued at that..

John and Sue

160 million for him makes no sense to me

Johnny73

Looks like Harry Kane has had enough and making a point to get away by not turning up for training for the second day.

Malcolm Hyde

Hi everyone

Biggins Predictor league will run as usual through the coming season, if you’ve not played this before come and join us.

I will post the first game weeks games this weekend just log on the page and predict each game, home, away or draw, I will do the rest, each week I post the scores and the accumulative points for everyone, come and test yourself against other predictors!

Malcolm Hyde

Anyone who wants to spice up the forthcoming Euros and have a bit of fun why not join the Fantasy Football league

Just follow the link below and sign up.

https://gaming.uefa.com/en/uefaeuro2020fantasyfootball/leagues/

Code 68CMOEEY02

timb

Nice one Malcolm - might as well have something interesting going on while Southgate is boring the pants off everyone!

Malcolm Hyde

The Euros are starting on the 11th June.

For a bit of fun I have created a Euro Fantasy Football League,  Anyone interested follow this link

https://gaming.uefa.com/en/uefaeuro2020fantasyfootball/leagues/

The league code is 68CMOEEY02

Angleseyite

I am genuinely pleased for Chelsea,  :grin: