Main Menu

Bolton Revival

Started by Bolton, July 02, 2021, 16:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny73

Bolton top of the pile. Well done.

Bolton

Disappointed to say the least, we play the bottom of the table Burton, and only manage a draw. After the previous defeat against Wigan, I would of thought we would of come out with all guns blazing as they say and won it easily, but no we go back to the time when we couldn't score.
Now we have Middlesborough in a EFL cup match and I am not holding my breath for a win here, but if you put a smile on my face all will be forgiven, so COYWM lets do it and get back into winning ways.

Bolton

Hope your right Johnny 73.

What can I say loosing 4-0. it really hurt. Not the Bolton that I had come to see. My daughter said she will not go with me again after she and her girls went to Wembley and they won ,so they blamed me. It really was a poor performance, the kind of game that would see them relegated. They played  team from the Championship, that's were we want to be next season so we should of played like a Championship team. Enough said so lets just hope it was a one off. Lets get back into form.

Johnny73

You spoke too soon and it was all going so well. Just a learning experience and back to normal next week. Hopefully !!

Bolton

Sorry folks for being so late. As I said I'm on a holiday and I found that this trip I have had difficulty in obtaining the internet at the places I've stayed at. Anyway isn't it a good start to the season with three league wins and a win in the cup. Unlike past seasons which have been terrible starts. Pity Fleetwood spoilt our clean goal with that last kick of the game goal to make it 3-1. Now this weekend we play Wigan my old working town as I used to lecture at the college. So who do I support, well it Bolton of course. So COYWM.

Bolton

Hi again folks.

A new season nearly ready to start.  Just want to mention that I might be a little late once or twice at the beginning as I am away on holiday in the UK. But I will do my best to keep my reports coming. Plus as a bonus I am booked in for the Home game against Wigan my old working town so lots of rivalry there.

Bolton

We didn't do it after all. Obviously I didn't say enough prayers again. Plus we played poorly .Barnsley scored the winning goal then went into a defensive mode and packed there defence and we had no idea of how to brake it. Still 1-0 was enough. Good luck to them in the play off final, I think Sheffield Wednesday will make it up the steps for the trophy. See you all next season in which I think we could be in there again for promotion.

Bolton

This could be one of my last write ups, following our game with Barnsley. The first leg of the play off we only managed a draw on our on pitch. We always seem to do that, yes throw away home advantage. The game ended 1-1. Now we have it all to do on there pitch, looks like I need to say a lot more prayers if I want them to win. So come Friday evening it will be Tele and a couple of Beers and suffer till the end and possibly more suffering if they lose. So COYWM do it for me at least.

Bolton

Well we did it not so much as beating Bristol 3-2 but getting a place in the play off's. Now we play Barnsley on Saturday 13th May. We have the first leg at home then we play them at Barnsley a week later. Back to the match we played with vertualy a reserve side with the boss saving most of his best players for the play off's. I must admit when I saw the team sheet I didn't hold out much hope, thinking we would lose. But the guys did there bit and scored three goals and the third one was a magnificent strike by Morley. Could it of been all the prayers that I said before hand that saw us through. If it was I had better say a lot more if we make it to the play off final.

Bolton

Just one game, Bolton V Fleetwood. I did say this was a three pointer, and I'm glad to say that we won, which gave us the three points to ensure we had a playoff place. Now depending on this weekends games will determine who we play it will be either Barnsley or Sheff Wednesday. I prefer Barnsley to get us to the final. If we make it,then and now we will have to play like we did against Plymouth in the Papa Johns in order to beat them. But I feel we won't make it and it will be another season in Div One. But if I say my prayers we could make it. So COYWM lets do it.

Bolton

Two games again to report on, Shrewsbury at Home, just about a win after battering them it took till the 62min to score a win 1-0. That was what we needed, I said it was a three pointer. Oops our next game again was a three pointer but we lost 1-0 and also lost the advantage of having a game in hand. Now we are all equal on matches. It means the last two places in the play off is between us, Derby and Peterborough. Derby has the same points as us and Peterborough are two points behind us.  Means that we have NOT got to drop anymore points at this stage. We want a play off place so that we can fight for a promotional place to the Championship. I will be saying my prayers every night till its all over. So COYWM lets get out there and do the job.

Bolton

Hi again, two more matches to comment on, a good three points away at Oxford. But we slipped up last  night with a draw at Burton 1-1 Both games got off to a good start with an early goal, at Oxford we managed to hold on to it even though they gave us a very hard time. But at Burton we allowed them to equalise, costing us two valuable points. This has also cost us a place in the table slipping down to sixth, now only in front of Derby by goal difference. This Saturday we are at home to Shrewsbury. This has got to be a three pointer. We also play two games a week till the end of the season with a depleted defence because of injuries.

Bolton

Hi Folks sorry a little late. Two matches to comment on Exeter away and Cambridge at home. Well it was a good three points away which was needed. But at home we were slapped by a last kick goal to tie it at 1-1 therefore losing two valuable points that were much needed also. Now we have Oxford  away. This is one match which is gong to be terribly tough, we really need to be playing like we did at Wembley against Plymouth . If we are looking for a playoff place then three points is needed. There are a couple of teams that match us point for point, and if we slip up then we will lose our spot in the last six. So COYWM lets do it.

Bolton

Hi again everyone sorry there have been no reports but to start with I was hacked and its taken all this time to get my computer right again. I must say that the timing is perfect. I was losing faith in the Manager but he has come good by taking us to Wembley and winning in such a magnificent way. 4-0 against Plymouth Argyle. The first trophy we have won in a very long time. But now its back to the Bread and butter of the league with an away match at Exeter who I know will give us a hard game ,just hope he has got the players back down to earth after the Trophy win. We are still in the playoff area so a win will help to keep us there. So its as I have always said COYWM lets do it.

Pedro-Domingo

The Toughsheet stadium?
Ha ha ha!
😂😂😂😂😂

Bolton

I'm glad this was a cup match and not in the league. I just new we would lose, as they say i felt it in my water. We lost again at home , WHY?  Home advantage should be worth a point before you kick off! From this I am beginning to think that IE has taken us as far as he can. We don't seem to be improving, its the same every game " hold on to the ball" full stop  Teams are coming and beating us on our own ground . Sometimes much lower placed teams than what we are , we are the team that said we will go for promotion, like I said glad this was a cup match and not in the league as it would of been three points wasted. COYWM get your fingers out and lets start winning again.

Bolton

i  was right Oxford gave us a hard time and took all three points. I also think it's time IE sat down and thought about what he is doing with his style of play. Clubs are coming and sitting back and letting us pass the ball about, then scoring. These are lesser clubs, it's us that are going for promotion!  I am really disappointed, the season set off really well but now it's back to the drawing board. So come on IE sort it while we still have chance to get in the promotion mix. 

Bolton

Yes I think we have been lucky!! The boss says we had got our scoring boots back on when we beat Leeds u21 3-0 Then we beat Accrington 3-1 after we were losing with two goals in the last 15minutes. This is where the luck came in to our world . ,We score two gaols again but this time in the 87min and the 98th to a team we hadn't beaten for years and they are at the bottom of the table. Now we have Oxford who are a dark horse of a team and I am expecting them to give us a hard time for 90minutes. Lets see if IE gets his team selection right this time . No luck just good football and none of this holding on to the ball for sixty odd minutes with no shots on goal. So COYWM lets show people we can score goals inside of the 90 minutes.

Bolton

What can I say, disgusted, appalled, embarrassed and shocked. We lose for a second time to a club that is in the bottom four. I am now totally convinced that IE's idea of swopping players about does not work. It's alright having 68% possetion if you do something with it. For a long time yesterday we only had two shots on goal and both of them were not on target. I thought that we were going for promotion this season, not like this we are not. So come on let's get it together and pull your dam finger out and let's start winning again. So COYWM win.

Bolton

Hi again, did I say we were holding our own, oops we lost to Cheltenham 1-0. After 4 wins and no goals conceded we give it away with a poor performance to boot. I personally think that IE's attempts to utilise the squad by swopping players about is wrong, my way would be to play the strongest team every time. They get use to playing with each other and get to know each other's ways of playing. Anyway, as I am not picking the team, I would be interested how others think of IE's way of thinking. Still, it's still COYWM lets get back to winning ways.

Bolton

Hi everyone, sorry for the lack of comment but I have been overseas back to sunny England for the last seven weeks. Stil I am here to update. We seem to be holding our own in the league sitting comfortably in the top part of the league.
We now have a very busy time now in October for which I am hoping for lots of points as we are playing teams in the lower part of the table. This being so, then it would be pleased to see lots of wins. So COYWM .

Johnny73

Best of luck next year Bolton.

Bolton

Well Albert to keep you informed , yes the funding is there. We have already signed our first player. Been told there's more to come as we are going for promotion next season

Albert

Well done to Bolton Wanderers. In the end, they came good and finished in a very respectful position. Hopefully the funding will appear for next season's promotion push.

Bolton

Just like I said Bolton finished with a flurry, 4-2. Which meant we finished in ninth place in the league. The word is that next season we are going for promotion. So keep our eyes on this page. Fortunately other results meant Fleetwood stayed up. Now I will say thanks to BWFC for a good seasons football and hope that we do get promotion next season.

Bolton

I thought we would have got a draw, but a fine 2-1 win I will take anytime. Another three points in the bag plus it makes three wins in a row behind three draws. A nice way to see the season out with just one more Home game to go against lowly Fleetwood. They are just on the right side of the relegation border. I have no doubt that they will be battling for maximum points, Bolton being at home will be wanting to go out in a blaze of glory in front of their home fans, so it should make it a good match. Lets just hope the weather will be sun shining as well for the day.  So COYWM lets do it.;

Bolton

I predicted a draw and we got a win, a good 3-1. From what I have seen when a goal keeper gets an assist he must be good , just hope he either comes back next season or we sign him. The second goal was an absolute thunder of a strike. the third was the same man being in the right place at the right time. Which leaves us with just two games to play for the season. Our next game is against Cheltenham Away, they are only three places below us in the league just like Accrington were, so it could be a tough game being on their pitch. A nice win again would be good. So COYWM give me three more points.

Bolton

YES, I got what I wanted, a win and the three points that go with it. It won't help to get us in the play off's, but give us a decent place in the league. I do feel sorry for Doncaster as they will be relegated to Div. 2. Now our next match is against Accrington at Home, they have been playing well so this is going to be a tough game even though we are at home.
   Another three points here would be most welcome but I can't see it happening, my money is on a draw. But you never know, so COYWM give it a go.

Bolton

Again, I didn't get what I wanted, but I did get a surprised draw, again with a last minute goal. So that gives us three points from our last three matches. A loss of six points from what we needed to get into the play off's.  Sheffield are a good side along with Portsmouth and Wigan, three teams that we have held our own against, so next season all being well we will be up there trying for a place for promotion. Our next game is Doncaster Away who are languishing near the bottom of the league, therefore I'm expecting the three points,  Won't help in getting into the play off's but will give us a better place in the league
So COYWM give me those three points..

Bolton

I didn't get what I wanted, a win against Portsmouth, still we got a draw, it still keeps us in the mix. It will just make it harder to get into the top six. Also it means three points from this Saturdays match against Sheffield Wednesday which is even harder then Tuesday's match was. I think I'm hoping beyond hope about the play off's but lets wait and see stranger things have happened before now. Anyway come on you White Men lets give it a go.

Bolton

Well what can I say, I had them down for defeat but we got a draw, which could mean a well won point. From what I have read about the game we got off to a slow start, but picked up in the second half and could have won it, The referee should have sent one of their players off. With ten men we could have seen them off and grabbed all three points. So on with the next match which is the one I thought we were going to play last Saturday, its Portsmouth on Tuesday, who are just above us on goal difference thanks to last Saturdays point. A win here would work wonders and give us a lift up the table, and we are at home. The next match after this is Sheffield Wednesday at home again, now if we can get a point at Wigan I am hoping for all three points from both games. That would be a fantastic lift up the table for a place in the play off's. So COYWM make my day and do it.

Bolton

I've been diddled, the fixture list that I had said Bolton was at home to Portsmouth, well we were not. Our next game is against Wigan away, so I am not holding my breath, its got to be a Wigan win. My old friend Jack from college will be there I'm sure. No doubt he will gloat at the end of the game if Wigan do win. If Bolton win I will ring him up and gloat myself.
     It will be a fantastic three points if we do win and much needed if we want to still fight for that sixth place. So as I always say COYWM just do it so I can gloat.

Bolton

Hi again readers, we played Crewe on Saturday on a poor pitch in windy conditions and won with a last minute goal, 1-0. The number of times we have done that is incredible. I am not going to say much as it was a poor game but we won. It leaves us just seven points from a play-off place. Our next match is Portsmouth at home who lie directly above us. So a win here will be well liked by all so, we can move up a place hopefully. Being on a decent pitch should bring the football out of us for the better. So COYWM lets do it and see if we can make that play off place.

Bolton

Sorry readers but they caught me out with a mid week match, a catch up because of Covid. It was at home to Morecambe who are right down there in the relegation zone. They nearly pinched all three points, but we managed to equalise in the 94th minute and grab a point. Saturdays match at home again to Plymouth, I didn't expect anything form this match as Plymouth are up there in fifth place and proved it by winning 1-0. That makes it two matches and only one point. This doesn't do a lot for our chance to get into the play-offs. We have two more matches this month and then six next month equally home and away. So if we are still hoping to get into the play-offs, I think we will need to win most of these. So COYWM lets have a go at it before it all gets out of range.

Bolton

Three more points in the bag just as I wanted. A fine three nil win, but their manager said we should have had more. It keeps us in 11th place, we slipped down one place due to other teams playing mid week. Must say that the first goal we scored was a terrific one from the edge of the area. Beauty though we didn't concede any again. Our next match is at home again to Plymouth Argyle who are just three places above us, so if we could win and get three more points it would do wonders for our climb into the reaches of obtaining a sixth place. Its going to be tough so COYWM lets do it.